+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
room3 said:
I will send the email to buffalo VO later today. Regarding sharing, I definitely share with you guys....

They sometime do not change the E CAS status, so according to me your case is "in process" 8) because there are so many members in this forum who submitted their medical and ECAS is still RBVO.

Congrats for yr progress.. 8) 8) 8)

Cheers

;D thank you very much, hope to hear your good news soon.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Twilight871 said:
Karsatjaya, any news for this week from LA? Man, its killing me.
Twilight871,

No, so far I did not hear anything from LA office. I think people are waiting since June,2010 with medical completion not sure when we will get our turn for PPR request.Will definately keep you posted if I have any information.

Thanks

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
karsatjaya said:
Twilight871,

No, so far I did not hear anything from LA office. I think people are waiting since June,2010 with medical completion not sure when we will get our turn for PPR request.Will definately keep you posted if I have any information.

Thanks
But I remember Zang got his passport request from LA late October and his medical was done sometimes on September. Do you know anything about the quota, LA havenot reached their quota for this year, right?

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Guys, can someone answer this question......plz

The senario is... right now I am on OPT which will end on early 2011. I have to leave USA by then and planning to go to CANADA if I get my PR by that time. My visa is good until the end of 2011. I am applying to PhD program for Fall 2011. But if I enroll to fall semester I will need new visa to get in to usa as it will not considered as contineous enroollment if the new school strats more than 5 months after the previous status is ended (which will be in my case). So, to get into USA, I will need new visa. Most likely I will be able to leave USA with a new I-20 in my hand. In that case will I be able to get new visa from canada in my old passport which was issued by my home country or I have to get new F-1 visa for USA from my home country?

BTW where is our dear Prof 1? long time since he posted

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Twilight871 said:
Guys, can someone answer this question......plz

The senario is... right now I am on OPT which will end on early 2011. I have to leave USA by then and planning to go to CANADA if I get my PR by that time. My visa is good until the end of 2011. I am applying to PhD program for Fall 2011. But if I enroll to fall semester I will need new visa to get in to usa as it will not considered as contineous enroollment if the new school strats more than 5 months after the previous status is ended (which will be in my case). So, to get into USA, I will need new visa. Most likely I will be able to leave USA with a new I-20 in my hand. In that case will I be able to get new visa from canada in my old passport which was issued by my home country or I have to get new F-1 visa for USA from my home country?

BTW where is our dear Prof 1? long time since he posted
Yeah it's clearer here than your old post. You have to get out of USA before ending of OPT (plus 60 days grace period). And if you're lucky to finish Canada PR by that time, You'll have smooth journey then. You will terminate current status and start the new F-1 status in your PhD school. . Be aware that the I-20 has to sent to home country address (please check with ISSO if there is any new policy in the last few years). And yes, you are able to apply for a new Visa on your old passport in US consulate (please check with US consulate in Can and see what document they want from you).

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
smallduck said:
Yeah it's clearer here than your old post. You have to get out of USA before ending of OPT (plus 60 days grace period). And if you're lucky to finish Canada PR by that time, You'll have smooth journey then. You will terminate current status and start the new F-1 status in your PhD school. . Be aware that the I-20 has to sent to home country address (please check with ISSO if there is any new policy in the last few years).
Smallduck, thank you so much man.
Just to make sure that I interpreted ur statement correctly- "And yes, you are able to apply for a new Visa on your old passport in US consulate (please check with US consulate in Can and see what document they want from you)." you mean I will be able to apply for a new visa on my old passport in US consulate in CANADA, right?

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Twilight871 said:
Smallduck, thank you so much man.
Just to make sure that I interpreted ur statement correctly- "And yes, you are able to apply for a new Visa on your old passport in US consulate (please check with US consulate in Can and see what document they want from you)." you mean I will be able to apply for a new visa on my old passport in US consulate in CANADA, right?
Yeap, US consulate in Canada (but call and check with them list of documents - US consulate in different countries have different lists). As long as you gather all the required documents, you don't have to go back to your home country for getting a new F1 Visa (even if you're applying first time F1 Visa)

pariksith

Nov 16, 2010
Professional1 and Friends,
Thanks for sharing all excellent information through this forum. I am working in USA and filed through Nova Scotia and here is the status;
I received my first acknowledgment on March 2010 saying NOVA SCOTIA review complete. After 8 months now I received an email from Buffalo saying a new tracking number and the email is below ;
"Dear Applicant:
This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Please note that this file number is different from the one that was assigned to you by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. You must quote this new file number in any future correspondence."

I checked this new number status and it specifies - "Received by VISA Office". When I clicked on that hyperlink it highlights the below details;
"We received your application for permanent residence on January 18, 2010.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 2, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on March 10, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you. "

My question is, I received the new number from Buffalo after 8 months only. Is that mean that it will take another 8 months for Buffalo to start my process?? Because I saw in emails from Professional 1 that it took nearly 7 months on average to start processing after receiving second email from Buffalo.

Please share your thought on this.

Thanks,
Pariksith

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
pariksith said:
Professional1 and Friends,
Thanks for sharing all excellent information through this forum. I am working in USA and filed through Nova Scotia and here is the status;
I received my first acknowledgment on March 2010 saying NOVA SCOTIA review complete. After 8 months now I received an email from Buffalo saying a new tracking number and the email is below ;
"Dear Applicant:
This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Please note that this file number is different from the one that was assigned to you by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. You must quote this new file number in any future correspondence."

I checked this new number status and it specifies - "Received by VISA Office". When I clicked on that hyperlink it highlights the below details;
"We received your application for permanent residence on January 18, 2010.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 2, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on March 10, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you. "

My question is, I received the new number from Buffalo after 8 months only. Is that mean that it will take another 8 months for Buffalo to start my process?? Because I saw in emails from Professional 1 that it took nearly 7 months on average to start processing after receiving second email from Buffalo.

Please share your thought on this.

Thanks,
Pariksith
It depends, but it will take you approximate 17-7 = 10 months to finish everything.

pariksith

Nov 16, 2010
"It depends, but it will take you approximate 17-7 = 10 months to finish everything. "
Thanks Smallduck for the response. The 10 months that you refer above is from the date I received the second mail from Buffalo?

Thanks,
Pariksith

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
hi, guys.

My angent told me Received by visa office and In process is the same, still in queen to be reviewed the aapications. Do you guys know what's the difference between them?

My E-cas is showing " received by visa office" , but I sent a letter to buffalo asked my status and they replied me my case is "In process". I was happy to hear that, but my agent told me its da same, I am so confused now. :(

Thank you very much. ;D

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loveson said:
hi, guys.

My angent told me Received by visa office and In process is the same, still in queen to be reviewed the aapications. Do you guys know what's the difference between them?

My E-cas is showing " received by visa office" , but I sent a letter to buffalo asked my status and they replied me my case is "In process". I was happy to hear that, but my agent told me its da same, I am so confused now. :(

Thank you very much. ;D

No they are not the same, your agent is not accurate. If your e- case is "received by the visa office", and it is not because they did not update it to be "In Process" for any reason, it means that the application is awaiting in a queue to be processed.

If they told you in their message that the application is "In Process", and not awaiting in a queue to be processed, it means that they started processing the application, even if they did not update the e-case for any reason yet.

"In Process" means what it says exactly.

Good luck.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
professional 1 said:
No they are not the same, your agent is not accurate. If your e- case is "received by the visa office", and it is not because they did not update it to be "In Process" for any reason, it means that the application is awaiting in a queue to be processed.

If they told you in their message that the application is "In Process", and not awaiting in a queue to be processed, it means that they started processing the application, even if they did not update the e-case for any reason yet.

"In Process" means what it says exactly.

Good luck.
HI, Professional 1

Really thank you very much for your warm reply, very appreciate you reply me, ;D . Your reply make me feel comfort and understand what's going on with my application now. So now i should expect my Medical request. It has been almost 7 months since i received my 2nd AOR.

Thank you very much again, professional 1.

Good luck.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Good to see you again Pro 1. Happy thanks giving to all.