+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

Canada_pr1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo-now- CPP ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
IELTS Request
along with docs
File Transfer...
Apr 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 July 2013(PP received 02 Aug 13)
LANDED..........
Hopefully next week
spike said:
Hi,
Guys ,
I applied for the first stage via the Nova scotia province and got approval say by 1 and a half Month. Now for the second stage, i applied from the Buffalo Ny and My case assesment deadline was aug 22nd 2010 and i submitted my copies of Ielts/educational/proof of funds/police Clearence Certificate and I submitted on jul 7th and today i get the New Number from Buffalo saying that
"Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination
will be made as to whether or not you are eligible for processing. If
your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a
letter informing you of the reasons for the decision as well as a
refund."

Hey I got the same mail 2 days ago.

Did any of you guys get this kinda File Number? and how Long the process takes for determination?
what are the Next steps?

Please share ...
Knowledge is power
cheers
Sujay :)

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
This is sort of "Received by Visa Office" message and should not be viewed with any concern. They have created your file which confirms that you submitted your documents as per specific requirement of Buffalo office. The next step will be "IN PROCESS" when they determine that you meet the Ministrial Instructions, NOC classification and score over 67 points. In my case determination was made in one month but I am aware of many members who have been waiting for it for apprx 4 months. I don't think there is a standard bench mark at Buffalo Cosulate that can be uniformally applied to all the cases.
Best wishes to you...

spike said:
Hi,
Guys ,
I applied for the first stage via the Nova secotia province and got approval say by 1 and a half Month. Now for the second stage, i applied from the Buffalo Ny and My case assesment deadline was aug 22nd 2010 and i submitted my copies of Ielts/educational/proof of funds/police Clearence Certificate and I submitted on jul 7th and today i get the New Number from Buffalo saying that
"Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination
will be made as to whether or not you are eligible for processing. If
your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a
letter informing you of the reasons for the decision as well as a
refund."

Did any of you guys get this kinda File Number? and how Long the process takes for determination?
what are the Next steps?

Please share ...
Knowledge is power
cheers
Sujay :)

G

gte439u

vermas said:
This is sort of "Received by Visa Office" message and should not be viewed with any concern. They have created your file which confirms that you submitted your documents as per specific requirement of Buffalo office. The next step will be "IN PROCESS" when they determine that you meet the Ministrial Instructions, NOC classification and score over 67 points. In my case determination was made in one month but I am aware of many members who have been waiting for it for apprx 4 months. I don't think there is a standard bench mark at Buffalo Cosulate that can be uniformally applied to all the cases.
Best wishes to you...
I agree with Vermas that Buffalo can vary widely in times between the AOR and processing of an application. It took 3.5 months from the AOR until processing started, but less than three months from the start of processing to the issuance of the visa.

mark_smith

Oct 16, 2010
16 year old police certificate acceptable to Buffalo?

Hi,

I am from China and I got my Police Certificate in 1994. Since then, I only briefly visited China, the total of which is less than 100 days. It is next to impossible to get an updated police certificate from China because I am no longer a Chinese citizen and no police bureau will give me the certificate. Is there any chance that the Buffalo Visa Office will accept these very old Police Certificate?

Thanks,

Canada_pr1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo-now- CPP ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
IELTS Request
along with docs
File Transfer...
Apr 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 July 2013(PP received 02 Aug 13)
LANDED..........
Hopefully next week
Hi,

I got my 1st AOR on 30th mar. I submitted documents in July 1st week to bufalo office.
Got the VO AOR on nov 18. 8)

Hopefully everything goes fine hereafter.

Do you guys have any idea for further process?

cheers
Canada_pr1

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Hey Guys ! I have sent my Passports to Buffalo yesterday !! does anyone know how much time they take to return the passports with PR card. Also once I get the PR card, do I have to enter within 1 year to maintain the validity of it. Thanks for your help.

G

gte439u

PND said:
Hey Guys ! I have sent my Passports to Buffalo yesterday !! does anyone know how much time they take to return the passports with PR card. Also once I get the PR card, do I have to enter within 1 year to maintain the validity of it. Thanks for your help.
Buffalo will not send you the P.R. Card., but only your passport with a visa. To activate your visa ('land') in Canada, you'll have to present yourself to a border post or to a Citizenship and Immigration office in Canada. Only after you land in Canada will you receive your P.R. Card. You must present yourself to a CIC office by the expiry date on your visa.

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks gte439u !! looks like you have already landed !! which path you chose to get into canada !! I am around 3-4 hours away from canadian border near Winnipeg !! Does that border allow entry for PRs. How you are finding Canada ! Thanks for the info.

G

gte439u

PND said:
Thanks gte439u !! looks like you have already landed !! which path you chose to get into canada !! I am around 3-4 hours away from canadian border near Winnipeg !! Does that border allow entry for PRs. How you are finding Canada ! Thanks for the info.
The CBSA post south of Winnipeg in Emerson, Manitoba offers complete immigration services. You can land there.

When I moved to Alberta from the U.S., I first arrived in Canada at Emerson. I was here for over two years before I landed as a Permanent Resident. I landed at Ft. Erie since I'd flown to Buffalo to get the visa in person.

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks for the info, gte439u !! Hope you are doing well in Alberta ! I will try the same post as you have suggested. I will drive and will enter through Road !! Do you know if we would need to take the SIN number as soon as we get the PR card. What are the other priorities we would need to do after entering and how much timeit will take. As I just want to visit first and then will come back to US.

mark_smith

Oct 16, 2010
Buffalo Visa Office personnel

VISA OFFICE
BUFFALO, U.S.A
(CIC region: Americas)

staff: 8 (8) Canadian based / 41 (28) local staff
last internal audit in April 2001
ranks # 23 out of 44 visa post

The mission in Buffalo also comprises the satellite offices throughout the USA (satellite staff in brackets). Buffalo is an average office when it comes to processing times, but has a very high workload and deals with all applicants applying form within Canada as well as those from the U.S.A and Bermudas. Overall, Buffalo is a relatively efficient office - on the downside, the office in Buffalo does not answer any inquiry if your application is still within the average processing time.

G

gte439u

PND said:
Thanks for the info, gte439u !! Hope you are doing well in Alberta ! I will try the same post as you have suggested. I will drive and will enter through Road !! Do you know if we would need to take the SIN number as soon as we get the PR card. What are the other priorities we would need to do after entering and how much timeit will take. As I just want to visit first and then will come back to US.
You can get the SIN card as soon as you land as a permanent resident. You will only need to show the COPR and your passport.

candiur

Jul 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-01-2010
Doc's Request.
MAR-26-2010 <B> Full Docs Sent MAY-20-2010
AOR Received.
OCT-12-2010
Re: 16 year old police certificate acceptable to Buffalo?

mark_smith@: Did you check with your Chinese consulate in US? They should have a workaround.
But looking at your situation you can give a written explanation as to why you can't provide a new PCC. After you check with your chinese consulate you might be able to write in an exact explantion of your situation.

mark_smith said:
Hi,

I am from China and I got my Police Certificate in 1994. Since then, I only briefly visited China, the total of which is less than 100 days. It is next to impossible to get an updated police certificate from China because I am no longer a Chinese citizen and no police bureau will give me the certificate. Is there any chance that the Buffalo Visa Office will accept these very old Police Certificate?

Thanks,

yogireddy

Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUffalo NY Transfered to LA
NOC Code......
NOC 0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-27-2009
Doc's Request.
05-21-2009
AOR Received.
10-29-2009
File Transfer...
04-22-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-19-2010 (Received 07-03-2010 As per Fedex)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
06-11-2011
karsatjaya said:
Thanks Twilight871. I am also praying god and keeping my fingers crossed. Please keep me posted your updates and I will do the same if I have any updates.
I am also processing from LA but no response yet My time line almost similar to you guys...
keep updating
Yogi

mark_smith

Oct 16, 2010
16 year old police certificate acceptable to Buffalo?

candiur said:
mark_smith @ : Did you check with your Chinese consulate in US? They should have a workaround.
But looking at your situation you can give a written explanation as to why you can't provide a new PCC. After you check with your chinese consulate you might be able to write in an exact explantion of your situation.

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, I did check with the Chinese Consulate in the US. It said NO. I have called China numerous times, but still could not find a way out.