+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

G

gte439u

garian4u said:
Guys, update:
I received my PPR via e-mail today :) :D ;D. So thankful to God. Thanks everyone for your help and support throughout the process.

Here's the text of the e-mail:
Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance.

Please submit your passport(s) and photos within the next 30 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

We require three (3) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE:

Passport requirements

Photographs, height and eye colour

Instructions for passport submission

Important notice for family members

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York
Did your AOR and RPRF come via post or via email?

I ask since my file is also being processed in Buffalo but I am in Canada. My AOR, RPRF, and medical request were via Canada Post. I wonder how the PRR will arrive.

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Guys, update:
I received my PPR via e-mail today :) :D ;D. So thankful to God. Thanks everyone for your help and support throughout the process.

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance.

Please submit your passport(s) and photos within the next 30 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

We require three (3) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE:

Passport requirements

Buffalo, New York
Hi garian,

Congratulation on getting your PPR :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
garian4u said:
Guys, update:

Dear Applicant:

Passport requirements

Buffalo, New York
What a big news ;). Congrats garian4u. Thanks for your sharing above ;). We're here sharing and receiving information at the same time...

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
garian4u said:
Guys, update:

Dear Applicant:

Passport requirements

Buffalo, New York

congrats garain4u ,

its really a very gud news from your end :) :) :)i really happy for u man :D :D

all the best

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
garian4u said:
Guys, update:

Dear Applicant:

Passport requirements

Buffalo, New York

Iam in love with this email ,,lols

big congrats garian.....best of luck...

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats garian...u got it right in time.

garian4u said:
Guys, update:

Dear Applicant:

Passport requirements

Buffalo, New York

rahmanrahat

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2009
Doc's Request.
30-08-2009
AOR Received.
10-10-2009
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Med's Request
20-09-2010
Med's Done....
5-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2011
At Last! Got an email from Detroit indicating they have sent my medical request. Hope it won't be long before the case is finalized.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Thank you Professional, Garian4U, Little Duck and otheres for your inputs on my concern. Congrates garian4u for the good news.

I have a good news to share as well. I got my medical request today. It was posted on Sep 28 from LA. But there was nothing about waiving interview or requesting any other documents in it. I guess thats how they do it sometimes....

Now as usual some more questions ...

Question 1: They ask for to bring 2 passport sized photograph to the DMP office during medical exam. What exactly this passport size means? Can anyone please expand a bit more about this size? Coz country to country the meaning of passport size differs.

Question 2: They ask that if possible, me and my dependents included in this application should be examined by the same doctor. You guys already know about my case and I got some good suggestions from you. Thank you for that.

So what I am doing is, sending her the copy attached with her photograph, a xerox copy of mine, copy of my passport and 2 copies of my photograph. Is everything alright?

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Guys, I am getting a little bit nervous.... you may laugh but you know in my mind I am thinking why they did not tell anything about interview or anything else in my medical request? Usually they mentions about interview and sometimes ask for PPRF....

My e-cas has benn updated to in process on Sep 22 and I got my medical on Sep 30. Could it be the reason that they did not finished investigating my case yet, but send me the medical req not to wait for it? I asked my previous employer back home, and they said that they had not received any call from Canadian embassy. Is it a must that they call employers or sometimes they may not? What if I dont pass medicals? It sounds crazy.... but sorry friends ..thats the stae of my mind right now

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahmanrahat said:
At Last! Got an email from Detroit indicating they have sent my medical request. Hope it won't be long before the case is finalized.

Congratulations, that is a good news, you are getteing closer to the end of the process.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:
Guys, I am getting a little bit nervous.... you may laugh but you know in my mind I am thinking why they did not tell anything about interview or anything else in my medical request? Usually they mentions about interview and sometimes ask for PPRF....

My e-cas has benn updated to in process on Sep 22 and I got my medical on Sep 30. Could it be the reason that they did not finished investigating my case yet, but send me the medical req not to wait for it? I asked my previous employer back home, and they said that they had not received any call from Canadian embassy. Is it a must that they call employers or sometimes they may not? What if I dont pass medicals? It sounds crazy.... but sorry friends ..thats the stae of my mind right now

Check the following link for the photo specification:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

You have to pass the medical exam in order to immigrate to canada, i think you are already in a good health.

They may or may not call your employers for verification, in my case they did not do so.

There will be no background check after medicals in your case because your office is Los Angeles, only applications held in Buffalo can go under the deep background check after medicals (not all of them).

Do your medicals as soon as possible, and you will be getting your passport request very soon. The faster you proceed to the medicals now, the shorter the time required to get your visa stamped.

Regarding the interview, it is most probably waived, if it was not, they would not have sent you the medicals. Usually they hold the medical request, if there is an interview scheduled untill the interview is done.

No need to worry, everything looks fine in your case progress.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
garian4u said:
Guys, update:

Dear Applicant:

Passport requirements

Buffalo, New York
Great news!! Finally the long wait is over...my heartiest congratulations to you!!!

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Thank you professional 1. You are owesome!!
I scheduled for Oct 5 for medical at Houston. They are charging 375$. Dallas was a cheaper option (250$) but 200 miles from here. Already sent my wife's copy to my native country.

With the grace of the Almighty, everything is going fine. May be sometimes near future I will also share my long story. Thats a good idea actually... sharing our struggling story.
Good luck for all of you friends!!

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Twilight871 said:
I scheduled for Oct 5 for medical at Houston. They are charging 375$. Dallas was a cheaper option (250$) but 200 miles from here. Already sent my wife's copy to my native country.

With the grace of the Almighty, everything is going fine. May be sometimes near future I will also share my long story. Thats a good idea actually... sharing our struggling story.
Everyone has their own struggling stories :d. Don't hesitate to speak out. We're glad to here any story told here.

being.being

May 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:

Just want to add some of my exp in your case since i have the same Issue (I am in US, wife in PK)

As pro 1 mentioned previously, make sure your wife's DMP send her medical to Ottawa ....... Otherwise it will be delayed

In my case we (me and my spouse) completed our medicals in Jul 25. Still my spouse medical haven't reached there in Ottawa, travelling somewhere (basically the DMP in Karachi sent to New Delhi and then ??? .... )

I am not worried about the lost of the medicals but this will delay the case.

Wish you all the Best ....