+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

I

igtar

canadacanada said:
I dont understand about handing over the I-94 for departure record..no one ever asked me even I was flight-out many times...

But want to ask you a Qquestion about my friend staying more then a year after his visa expire..and he didn't hand over his i-94...was travelling via car for landing...and how if he needs to travel back to use for his job ..will there be any issue to get visa? or 3/10 yr ban on him?
Ok, below is from CBP.gov web site:

"If you returned home with your Form I-94 (white) or Form I-94W (green) Departure Record in your passport, it is possible that your departure was not recorded properly.

If you departed by a commercial air or sea carrier (airlines or cruise ships), your departure from the U.S. can be independently verified, and it is not necessary to take any further action, although holding on to your outbound (from the U.S.) boarding pass - if you still have it - can help expedite your reentry next time you come back to the United States.

If you departed by land, private vessel or private plane, you will need to take steps to correct the record. If you do not validate your timely departure from the United States, or, if you cannot reasonably prove you departed within the time frame given to you when you entered, the next time you apply for admission to the U.S., Customs and Border Protection (CBP) may conclude you remained in the U.S. beyond your authorized stay. If this happens, your visa may be subject to cancellation or you may be returned immediately to your foreign point of origin."

Now just to clarify 3/10 years bar to re-enter USA:

"Section 212(a)(9)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, sought to punish anyone who stayed in the United States illegally by barring them from future entry. Known as the 3/10-year bar, this provision bars from re-entry those who have accumulated more than six months of illegal presence. Illegal aliens with six to 12 months of unlawful presence are barred for three years; those here for more than a year illegally are barred for 10 years."

Looks like your friend's case belongs to "10 year" bucket, feel sorry for him

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I got my medical request , within how many days do we need to submit our medical report can you please let me know.

thanks

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Sazid...I believe its 60 days from the date on your letter...It should say on your letter.

sazid said:
Hi all,

I got my medical request , within how many days do we need to submit our medical report can you please let me know.

thanks

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark_immi said:
Congrats Sazid...I believe its 60 days from the date on your letter...It should say on your letter.
Thanks mark for the information

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends and seniors,

I got my second AOR from Buffalo on 5th May and after that there is no change in my status. It is still showing received by visa office". So, should I send them case specific inquiry or wait???? ??? ???

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
ahhh...i got my passport request today.....too worried to read the email.....i thought something wrong...cant say about them...they emailed me so fast

canadadream1

Aug 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2009
Doc's Request.
5-10-2009
AOR Received.
20-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2010
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2010
LANDED..........
sometime Jan 2011
roopa82 said:
ahhh...i got my passport request today.....too worried to read the email.....i thought something wrong...cant say about them...they emailed me so fast
Hello roopa82 Congrats!!! Can you share your timeline?

Thanks

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
roopa82, Hearty congratulations !!! Can you share your details - viz. which is your visa office? When did they actually receive your medicals? I just want to calculate some rough timelines. My medicals were received by Buffalo on Aug 3rd, i.e. 3 weeks back

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
garian4u said:
roopa82, Hearty congratulations !!! Can you share your details - viz. which is your visa office? When did they actually receive your medicals? I just want to calculate some rough timelines. My medicals were received by Buffalo on Aug 3rd, i.e. 3 weeks back

FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IN PROCESS

We received your application for permanent residence on November 9, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 18, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Detroit office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on January 27, 2010. The Detroit office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on August 3, 2010. The Detroit office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 19, 2010.

WISH BEST OF LUCK TO EVERY ONE GUYS..

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
thanks garian....if i compare my timeline with u....then u can expect passport request in next 3-4 weeks
What's your visa office - Buffalo or some other?

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
What's your visa office - Buffalo or some other?
Hi Garian,

In which form did you send your RPRF , i mean money order or check. And is there any possibility we may be able to know that they have cashed it .And can we pay in US dollars?

Thanks

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
sazid said:
Hi Garian,

In which form did you send your RPRF , i mean money order or check. And is there any possibility we may be able to know that they have cashed it .And can we pay in US dollars?

Thanks
I remember reading the details on the NY consulate website that if the payment is made in a Canadian Financial institution it has to be in Canadian $ and if it's done at a US bank - US $. I used a money order/ demand draft for my RPRF. You can go to the bank and ask them if it's cashed or not, they would be able to give you this info.

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
I got my passport with visa last monday and yesterday(tuesday) I obtained my PR status in Coutts, Alberta(Canada - US border).

Thanks everybody!