+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pasi said:
Dude, I just want to mention one point here. When I did my medicals, I also asked to send my results faster in some other courier instead of sending through USPS. The lady in the DMP office told me that they dont use courier service because the results contain your x-ray and USPS has a safer way of sending it. Since this is crossing the border, all packages will be X-ray scanned before they enter Canada. But our X-ray should not be scanned, if done, nothing will be on the film. She gave me a 5 min lecture on this and I decided I will not complicate anything. Just thought of letting you know.
Thanks Pasi for sharing the info, thats a very good thing to know.

Good Luck to all

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
mark_immi said:
Heartily congrats to everyone who are through this everlasting process and now heading to Canada, I need guideline from all you senior members who passed this phase.

Today I received an email saying that my file has been transferred to ‘The Canadian Consulate General in New York' and ‘The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file'.What does it indicate, does anyone know how is New York consulate and how much time does it take after this stage to receive medicals.
Congrats, man! I also noticed that my application was transfered to Seattle, but I did not get any mail or e-mail. Should I worry that CIC does not have my correct address and try to do something with that?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
mark_immi said:
Heartily congrats to everyone who are through this everlasting process and now heading to Canada, I need guideline from all you senior members who passed this phase.

Today I received an email saying that my file has been transferred to ‘The Canadian Consulate General in New York' and ‘The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file'.What does it indicate, does anyone know how is New York consulate and how much time does it take after this stage to receive medicals.
This is quite usual. You dont have to worry about it. My file was also transferred to NY in the month of April and I have my visa now. Believe me my friend, NY visa office is super fast compared to Buffalo. You will get your medical request soon.

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
Pasi said:
This is quite usual. You dont have to worry about it. My file was also transferred to NY in the month of April and I have my visa now. Believe me my friend, NY visa office is super fast compared to Buffalo. You will get your medical request soon.
Pasi,

Do you know how fast Seattle's office is? :)

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
tuxey said:
Pasi,

Do you know how fast Seattle's office is? :)
Not sure tuxey. We should be having some of our guys whose files are in Seattle. They can answer. One practical thought is Buffalo usually moves applications to other visa offices for faster processing. :) so you should be fine. Let us hope for the best.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Guys, one more update from my end. I have booked tickets to Toronto for Aug 13. So that would be my day of landing in Canada :) My plan is to spend the weekend with my relatives there and apply for SIN on Monday morning. I would be returning to US on monday evening.

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
Pasi said:
Guys, one more update from my end. I have booked tickets to Toronto for Aug 13. So that would be my day of landing in Canada :) My plan is to spend the weekend with my relatives there and apply for SIN on Monday morning. I would be returning to US on monday evening.
hey pasi really congrats for eveything plus best of luck for ur life here buddy,,
Ur really iconic for all of us in terms of the time frame specially,
i would be really interested in knowing how did ur process ur case and what all did u send to the V.O
my guess is because u had all d paper work in place for a faster procession.so would really like to discuss all the paper work and other process
u followed,if u don't mind discussing it.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
torontonian2010 said:
hey pasi really congrats for eveything plus best of luck for ur life here buddy,,
Ur really iconic for all of us in terms of the time frame specially,
i would be really interested in knowing how did ur process ur case and what all did u send to the V.O
my guess is because u had all d paper work in place for a faster procession.so would really like to discuss all the paper work and other process
u followed,if u don't mind discussing it.
Hi, Thank you for your compliments. Yes, my timelines are much quicker that other friends in this forum. I do not have any specific reason from my end. I just collected all the documents as required by their checklist and sent it on time. The good thing that happened to me was my file transfer to NY visa office. NY is very fast in processing these cases. Once my file came to NY, I had no issues in my processing.

I am open to any kind of discussion and I would be happy to offer any suggestions for my friends here. :)

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Pasi said:
Hi, Thank you for your compliments. Yes, my timelines are much quicker that other friends in this forum. I do not have any specific reason from my end. I just collected all the documents as required by their checklist and sent it on time. The good thing that happened to me was my file transfer to NY visa office. NY is very fast in processing these cases. Once my file came to NY, I had no issues in my processing.

I am open to any kind of discussion and I would be happy to offer any suggestions for my friends here. :)
It's really great to hear from Pasi - he keeps praising the NY office and that keeps my hopes alive since my file has been transferred to NY office as well. Yesterday i called CIC to get some updates on my work permit extension, the lady was helpful so after i was done with my query, i asked her if she would be able to tell me anything on the PR application status. I gave her the File # and she put me on hold. Later she came back and said she wont be able to pull up anything as the file status is with buffalo. I told her that my file was transferred to NY from buffalo and she goes like oh it's the same office...just that they use different names for different stages of processing. I asked her if she was sure, and she gave me a wierd reply saying i know what i am saying.

Anyhow, just thought would put in my experience...am sure the cust care rep did not have the details as to what she was talking about. I just hope our cases go smooth just as Pasi!!!

Hey Pasi have a wonderful time here in Canada....if you ever are in toronto for long and need any details..gimme a shout.

Take care buddy!!

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Pasi said:
Congrats canadacanada!!! Keep this group posted on your landing plans.
sure will. by the way when are u planning to land?

lavasi

Jun 24, 2010
I got PP request from Buffalo.

My time line:

category: FSW
CIO application: Jul 2009
DOC request: Aug 2009
Full DOC submitted: Oct 2009
AOR: Nov 2009
In process and Medical request: May 2010
Medical done: May 25.
PPR: July 20

Since I am in Canada, I can send my pp to consulate office in Fort Erie, Ontario. They will get visa from Buffalo and send me back from Fort Erie office. Web site says they will return my pp within 15 days from the day they received pp (not including time spent at post office).

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Good going lavasi.
Congrats!!!

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Congrats lavasi! :D
I hope Buffalo will start processing for our 2nd AOR too...
Cheers!

Anne55
lavasi said:
I got PP request from Buffalo.

My time line:

category: FSW
CIO application: Jul 2009
DOC request: Aug 2009
Full DOC submitted: Oct 2009
AOR: Nov 2009
In process and Medical request: May 2010
Medical done: May 25.
PPR: July 20

Since I am in Canada, I can send my pp to consulate office in Fort Erie, Ontario. They will get visa from Buffalo and send me back from Fort Erie office. Web site says they will return my pp within 15 days from the day they received pp (not including time spent at post office).