+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nn000 said:
anyone knows whether it is possible to show up at Buffalo CIC for the visa stamp without PPR letter?
They sent my PPR to a wrong email address and I really don't want to wait longer as i need to meet some deadlines.
Dear friend,
How did you know that your ppr was sent under another email? The good news is that you can go to Buffalo to get your visa stamp; however, you do need to show them the ppr letter. I will recommend that you take with you any proof that your ppr was sent by mistake to another email address to avoid double trips to Buffalo.
Good luck my friend,

nn000

Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
13-05-2010
Med's Done....
08-06-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
LANDED..........
13-07-2010
i sent an email to ask them about the status of my application last week. My ecas changed to "medical received" 3 weeks ago and I would like to know what was going on. They replied to me saying that "Passport request was sent to *****@gmail.com on June 21, 2010". The email address was wrong (it was missing a letter). Thats how i learned that my PPR was misplaced.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
torontonian2010 said:
1. me2land Done
2. beauhoe Done
3. Pasi Passport Submitted
4. Honolulu Passport Request
5. Professional1 Medical Done?
6. MarkCan Medical Done?
7. garian4u Medical Request
8. anjay Medical Request
9. canada001 Medical Request
10. torontonian2010 Recieved by Visa office
I am changing my status to passport submitted. just to make it more clear.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
nn000 said:
i sent an email to ask them about the status of my application last week. My ecas changed to "medical received" 3 weeks ago and I would like to know what was going on. They replied to me saying that "Passport request was sent to ***** @ gmail.com on June 21, 2010". The email address was wrong (it was missing a letter). Thats how i learned that my PPR was misplaced.
I think you should be good with this email that you got. You can show this as a proof for getting your visa. But not sure if they ll be able to do it in a day. They might think of doing a background verification to make sure they sent it to the wrong email id.

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
nn000 said:
i sent an email to ask them about the status of my application last week. My ecas changed to "medical received" 3 weeks ago and I would like to know what was going on. They replied to me saying that "Passport request was sent to ***** @ gmail.com on June 21, 2010". The email address was wrong (it was missing a letter). Thats how i learned that my PPR was misplaced.
you could send them email telling them you did not received the passport request and provide them the right email address.

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
1. me2land Done
2. beauhoe Done
6. MarkCan Medical Done?
8. anjay Medical Request
9. canada001 Medical Done
10. torontonian2010 Received by Visa office

========== updated ============

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
Seniors please comment on this;

Progress is not visible on cases who got 2nd AOR from Buffalo in April.
Is it normal or Buffalo office is becoming slow again?

Thanks.

rahmanrahat

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2009
Doc's Request.
30-08-2009
AOR Received.
10-10-2009
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Med's Request
20-09-2010
Med's Done....
5-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2011
This is ridicules. I am frustrated. It has been over 12 months since I applied for PR, the file had been sitting in Buffalo for 6 months and they could not complete eligibility review. So these imbeciles transferred the file to Detroit to “expedite” the process. Now its been sitting there for over 3 months again without any movement.

If they can't even complete a simple eligibility review for 9 months (which is a redundant process if you ask me), how are they going to complete the file in 12 months?

The worst part is that the visa office won't even answer any enquiry because according to them, the file hasn't passed its normal processing time. The visa office says normal processing time is 18 months while CIC says its 12 months.

If this is how they “expedite” the processing of a bonafied applicant who is already well into the workforce in Canada, I do not see how this country is going to keep up with its labor demands. I think this is a recipe for getting more and more taxi drivers with medical training.

Canada001: I guess you can put the following update next to my name:

1. me2land Done
2. beauhoe Done
6. MarkCan Medical Done?
8. anjay Medical Request
11. Rahmarahat Frustrated

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nn000 said:
Take that email with you and go to Buffalo. I am positive that you are going to receive your visa the same day.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
I think you should be good with this email that you got. You can show this as a proof for getting your visa. But not sure if they ll be able to do it in a day. They might think of doing a background verification to make sure they sent it to the wrong email id.
He will be okay with the email.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cathy2381 said:
you could send them email telling them you did not received the passport request and provide them the right email address.
He is tired of waiting and the email that he got from them is a good proof. He will be good...
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pooja123 said:
Seniors please comment on this;

Progress is not visible on cases who got 2nd AOR from Buffalo in April.
Is it normal or Buffalo office is becoming slow again?

Thanks.
No worries, you are going to hear from there very soon.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahmanrahat said:
This is ridicules. I am frustrated. It has been over 12 months since I applied for PR, the file had been sitting in Buffalo for 6 months and they could not complete eligibility review. So these imbeciles transferred the file to Detroit to “expedite” the process. Now its been sitting there for over 3 months again without any movement.

If they can't even complete a simple eligibility review for 9 months (which is a redundant process if you ask me), how are they going to complete the file in 12 months?

The worst part is that the visa office won't even answer any enquiry because according to them, the file hasn't passed its normal processing time. The visa office says normal processing time is 18 months while CIC says its 12 months.

If this is how they “expedite” the processing of a bonafied applicant who is already well into the workforce in Canada, I do not see how this country is going to keep up with its labor demands. I think this is a recipe for getting more and more taxi drivers with medical training.

Canada001: I guess you can put the following update next to my name:

1. me2land Done
2. beauhoe Done
6. MarkCan Medical Done?
8. anjay Medical Request
11. Rahmarahat Frustrated

Dear friend,
Thank you for expressing your angers on this forum. We are feeling your frustrations and pains, however, the good news is that you are already in Canada and have the chance to own a business or have a job. I recommend that you stay calm and spend your times for other fun stuffs. Detroit has been very nice to applicants and I am sure that they also need attention from us. The generic email that you got from your VO may be due to the content of your email (I am not sure). I do believe that to get anything from them, you have to be gently and soft with your words. Please, try that and see if it works.
I wish you all the best,
Cheers,