+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
room3 said:
HELLO GUYS,

WITH THE GRACE OF GOD YESTERDAY I RECEIVED AOR FROM BUFFALO VISA OFFICE. ;D

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE

1) I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED MY FBI YET. SO, SHOULD I SUBMIT IT RIGHT NOW OF IT IS ADVISABLE THAT I WAIT FOR THEIR CALL? (I GOT FBI CLEARANCE AFTER SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENT. )

Yes submit it immediatly with an explanation letter, do not wait for their request as long as the documents are available with you.

room3 said:
2) CAN ANYBODY TELL ME, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO CHANGE STATUS FROM "RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE" TO "IN PROCESS"?

THANKS

According to the new trend of Buffalo, you might see the change to "In Process" within 3 months.

Good luck

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Yes submit it immediatly with an explanation letter, do not wait for their request as long as the documents are available with you.

According to the new trend of Buffalo, you might see the change to "In Process" within 3 months.

Good luck
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY....

HOPE TO SEE THE CHANGES IN MY APPLICATION IN 3-4 MONTHS.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
room3 said:
HELLO GUYS,

WITH THE GRACE OF GOD YESTERDAY I RECEIVED AOR FROM BUFFALO VISA OFFICE. ;D

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE

1) I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED MY FBI YET. SO, SHOULD I SUBMIT IT RIGHT NOW OF IT IS ADVISABLE THAT I WAIT FOR THEIR CALL? (I GOT FBI CLEARANCE AFTER SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENT. )

2) CAN ANYBODY TELL ME, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO CHANGE STATUS FROM "RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE" TO "IN PROCESS"?

THANKS
When did you submit the docs to Buffalo??
Cheers..

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
vermas said:
When did you submit the docs to Buffalo??
Cheers..
I think Category is important .. like in this case it is FSW1 4131...
My docs were received on 24 March but I have not get the AOR from visa office (buffalo) yet :(

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
My full docs were received on March 24 but I have not get 2nd AOR...
Recently I moved to new address... I am waiting for second AOR, and then will change my address...
I am assuming that 2nd AOR would be sent by e-mail.... IS there any chance that they send second AOR by mail (instead of e-mail)??????
If there is even minor possibility then I will send address change request immediately...
pls. share you view....

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My AOR from Buffalo came by mail, i didnt receive any email till today from them.

the mail they sent me has some barcodes with my reference on it and they mentioned in the letter to use these barcodes when passport is requested to send.

i read from the forum that many got by email, but not in my case i dont know why. but to be on the safe side send your address change request.

pooja123 said:
My full docs were received on March 24 but I have not get 2nd AOR...
Recently I moved to new address... I am waiting for second AOR, and then will change my address...
I am assuming that 2nd AOR would be sent by e-mail.... IS there any chance that they send second AOR by mail (instead of e-mail)??????
If there is even minor possibility then I will send address change request immediately...
pls. share you view....

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
I was under impression that it comes by e-mail in all cases.... and I did not update my address....
I hope/wish I have not spoiled my chances....
:'( :mad: ???

I have requested to forward my mail to USPS... hope for the best...

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
To,
Professional and googleman,

Hi friends, finally I made up my mind to leave canada for dubai as SAP consultant . I got a good offer there. My file is stuck in buffalo as natural since sep 09 (no news since then).

Before leaving I am planning to get my digital finger prints and PCC done so that if they would ask in future then my lawyer would be able to provide them. could you please tell me if I can do my finger prints without CIC request and if yes then from where? I am in Toronto.

If you think any other arrangments I must do before leaving regarding my Immigration File OR student Staus in canada plz tell me......I would highly appreciate that. thanks

waiting for your reply................BRAVOO

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO,

My AOR from Buffalo came by mail and I submitted my documents on 10th April.

the mail they sent me has some barcodes with my file no. on it and they mentioned in the letter to use these stickers for any further mail correspondence AND WE HAVE TO SAVE AT LEAST ONE LABEL when passport is requested.

HOPEFULLY ALL YOU GUYS WILL GET IT SOOOOOOOOOON :)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:
To,
Professional and googleman,

Hi friends, finally I made up my mind to leave canada for dubai as SAP consultant . I got a good offer there. My file is stuck in buffalo as natural since sep 09 (no news since then).

Before leaving I am planning to get my digital finger prints and PCC done so that if they would ask in future then my lawyer would be able to provide them. could you please tell me if I can do my finger prints without CIC request and if yes then from where? I am in Toronto.

If you think any other arrangments I must do before leaving regarding my Immigration File OR student Staus in canada plz tell me......I would highly appreciate that. thanks

waiting for your reply................BRAVOO

Hi bravoo,

Wish you the best of luck in your decision, here are my suggestions:

1- Do the PCMP digital fingerprint without their request, in my case i proceeded to the fingerprint on April 6 upon request from Buffalo by email( same day). It was done and sent electronically to the RCMP, then the RCMP has processed it only in one day April 7 and sent the results to Buffalo same day by mail (April 7), i knew about this information because i sent an email to the RCMP after one week and they replied back immediatly on my email the day after saying that they processed the fingerprint electronically and sent the results to Buffalo by mail on April 7.

Here is the address where i have done my digital fingerprint with no need to take an appointment: cost 45$:

Mississauga
5484 Tomken Rd
Unit #13
Mississauga, On
L4W 2Z6
(T) (905)625-0467
(F) (905)625-0467

Monday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm
No Appointment Required Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm

The link for other addreses: http://www.policecheck.com/Ontario.html

2- The second suggestion is: do your medicals without request from Buffalo before you go and pay them the right of permanent residence and send a proof that you have done your medicals to them in the same envelop along with the right of permanent residence so that you can be sure that they received your entire envelop containing (an explanation letter with the proof about the medicals) when you find out that they cashed the money order.

3- Do not forget to include your name, file number, date of birth, country of birth, application type, and visa office name when you submit the explanation letter along with the other above documents inside the envelop.

Have a safe flight to Dubai and wish you the best of luck.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
pooja123 said:
I was under impression that it comes by e-mail in all cases.... and I did not update my address....
I hope/wish I have not spoiled my chances....
:'( :mad: ???

I have requested to forward my mail to USPS... hope for the best...
Do not worry about address changes. As long as you have filed change of address with USPS, the mail will be forwarded to your correct address. I faced a similar situation, but the mail was correctly forwarded. But make sure you have requested USPS to forward mail to a new address.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Good to see some of the 2009 applicants making some headway here. I hope a few of us oldies get the PR so that others may see a ray of hope too. So far, I have yet to come across anyone who has gotten his/her PR (late 2008/early 2009 applicants). If there is anyone in this category who has gotten PR from Buffalo, do update this thread.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
I see that a couple have had their medicals done and a few are in "In Process" category. Guess that is a good sign. At least Buffalo is moving, albeit slowly. Cheers.

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
I see that a couple have had their medicals done and a few are in "In Process" category. Guess that is a good sign. At least Buffalo is moving, albeit slowly. Cheers.

Mark

I agree, and hope the best of luck for all applicants.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
professional 1 said:
I agree, and hope the best of luck for all applicants.
Indeed, professional. Though it beats me as to why some applicants get their medicals immediately after "In Process" while some get stuck in "In Process" for months altogether. *Sigh*

Mark