+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
That's strange. So they switched back to mailing? Why? I got mine by mail last summer and then they switched to emailing. Now back to mailing? Why the change back and forth?
I checked with a couple of friends and the behaviour of Buffalo is quite random in this regard. It has quite randomly been sending e-mail or mail AORs all throughout. So, you can't say for sure what is the preferred or official means of sending AOR.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
congrats garian......ohh tension...."mil gayi abb bhi and jabb takk nahi mili thi tabb bhi" ...lol

dont worry.....i also received mine through regular mail....no email.....while all my friends received email too
;D Hehehehe... Thanks roopa82. By the way, what are your timelines? Can you update the side bar or signature line with your updates?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Anyone from early 2009 timeline who has seen a change of status on e-cas? Nice to hear from the older applicants who started out with me.

Mark

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Hi guys, I'm thinking about changing my student status to visitor but wondering when I have to do it as I want to extend my stay as long as possible. Can I apply for a visitor's visa after my study permit expires? Or should I apply before the expiration date? Isn't there a grace period? Any comments from anyone will be appreciated.

My status hasn't changed since last July! Still Received by Visa Office!

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
googleman said:
Hi guys, I'm thinking about changing my student status to visitor but wondering when I have to do it as I want to extend my stay as long as possible. Can I apply for a visitor's visa after my study permit expires? Or should I apply before the expiration date? Isn't there a grace period? Any comments from anyone will be appreciated.

My status hasn't changed since last July! Still Received by Visa Office!
Will take approximately a year (July 2010) before your status will change to In Process. You should take a suitable decision keeping this time frame in mind.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
mpapdp.1984 said:
Will take approximately a year (July 2010) before your status will change to In Process. You should take a suitable decision keeping this time frame in mind.
I know that. I was asking if I can apply for a visitor's visa after my study permit expires? Or should I do it before it expires?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
I know that. I was asking if I can apply for a visitor's visa after my study permit expires? Or should I do it before it expires?

Any changes in your temporary resident status regardless what the status is need to be done before the expiry date of the current status, so make sure when you do it that your application for the change of status is postmarked before the expiry date of your current status.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
Any changes in your temporary resident status regardless what the status is need to be before the expiry date of the current status, so make sure when you do it that your application for the change of status is postmarked before the expiry date of your current status.
Yeah, I should do it at least a few days before it expires. I thought there might be a grace period. My study permit can expire any time, whenever I withdraw from school. I am trying to extend my stay as long as possible by applying for a visitor's visa as late as possible. But now I think I should be careful. Thanks.

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
i need all seniors help in my case.....actually i have worked in 3 states back home...i was permanently residing in one state throughout my stay there...but worked for 2 years in two different states......i have filled the address of that two states in my background information form...but when i got my police clearance certificate....it states that by birth ..im staying permanently on same address...in the letter attched also...i had explained buffalo office about that...that instead of staying temporary there on address in other two states ...my permanent address remains same all these years

is there any issue with that....my status is not in process yet....do i need to get police clearance from other too states too..if that is point then i will arrange for police clearance from there too

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
roopa82 said:
i need all seniors help in my case.....actually i have worked in 3 states back home...i was permanently residing in one state throughout my stay there...but worked for 2 years in two different states......i have filled the address of that two states in my background information form...but when i got my police clearance certificate....it states that by birth ..im staying permanently on same address...in the letter attched also...i had explained buffalo office about that...that instead of staying temporary there on address in other two states ...my permanent address remains same all these years

is there any issue with that....my status is not in process yet....do i need to get police clearance from other too states too..if that is point then i will arrange for police clearance from there too
There is no need for getting separate police certificates from different states. I had a similar situation and I just got one from my home city and it was sufficient for Buffalo (My police certificate was from India).

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
thanks mpapdp.1984........one thing more....u r in 4121 category...i think university professor.....have you done phd...and also to which location your file is transferred....r u done with medical

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
garian4u said:
Though this might be true for a fact, but this is certainly not what they meant when they posted the timelines. This is because, for timelines to be posted, at least 10 cases have to be finalized by a local CIC consulate. That would mean that at least 10 cases were finalized by Buffalo in 2009, so that would be within 12 months. This certainly shows that if they were to be believed the timelines have definitely dipped below 12 months after the backlog started clearing up for pre-Feb 2008 cases.
really congrats on ur development garian..
seems like some hope coming my way too...
still no clue of the 2nd aor from buffalo..
strange that ppl can track dere file thru 1st aor from sydney on ecas
beacuse it doesn't show me anything.....i m really confused now

Q

Qaxlor

I am still waiting for the first AOR from NS, it's been 80 days now today (applied Jan 15). I applied through a representative who says they are now seeing 12 week turnaround. What I don't understand is why some people get NS response fast and others take longer. I can only hope it doesn't mean they are sitting on applications because they are going to change something so if they wait long enough for this stage they can change the game and reject some. I guess that's the less charitable view than they are just busy and disorganized. I can't help reading something into the delay, a delay most people do not seem to be experiencing. I would have thought they would process first in, first out, but this seems not to be the case as people who applied after I did are already sending docs and I am waiting for NS.