+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Garian4u, I am in the same boat as yours. I came back to US and after waiting for 3 months and calling the call center, they said that there were issues with the photographs therefore they have not sent the PR cards. They said that it will take 3 more months to just further instructions and then I would have to send new photographs after which 2 more months to get the PR card. Do you know if without the PR card can we enter in Canada with the copy of COPR. Can it be expedited if we send the photographs proactively. Seniors pls help.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PND said:
Garian4u, I am in the same boat as yours. I came back to US and after waiting for 3 months and calling the call center, they said that there were issues with the photographs therefore they have not sent the PR cards. They said that it will take 3 more months to just further instructions and then I would have to send new photographs after which 2 more months to get the PR card. Do you know if without the PR card can we enter in Canada with the copy of COPR. Can it be expedited if we send the photographs proactively. Seniors pls help.
PND, you can enter Canada with a copy of your COPR by road and using a private vehicle as many times as you want. You need the PR card if you need to use a commercial carrier. My wife is going to India, so she can't enter by road.

saratracy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
24-04-2013
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
Have been staying in Alberta for almost 3 years
Thank you guys for your answers relating to CAIPS.
cheers,
saratracy

dream23 said:
The first significant stage of processing is 'paper screening', this is identified often by the initials "PPS" (e.g. "73 AT PPS" means 73 points at paper screening stage).

from http://www.caips.ca/samplenotes.shtml

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one,

I recieved my CAIPS notes and though to share with you guys to have some interpretation :

1)My categorey there written is FSW3 ( what it means,i am on wp visa since 2008 and is in continuation of Job)

2).PAPER FILE SENT TO : PA BF'D FILE TO : PPS ON 26-5 - 2011 MICROLOCATOR ?????

3).RECIEVED RCMP PC FOR SUBJECT AND SPOUSE ...NRT FOR BOTH ?????

4).Only age points calculated

5).Regarding expiry date of my passport they have the old dates written their which were valid at time of submission though i have renewed it and updated them as well. ????

What are ur comments

S

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Yours and my CAIPS notes are same with almost same BFD. Only difference is my points have been calculated. Mine have no comments of May BFD and also these don't show next BFD. Big fat Buffalo is just sitting on it. Good luck..
Simp said:
Hi every one,

I recieved my CAIPS notes and though to share with you guys to have some interpretation :

1)My categorey there written is FSW3 ( what it means,i am on wp visa since 2008 and is in continuation of Job)

5).Regarding expiry date of my passport they have the old dates written their which were valid at time of submission though i have renewed it and updated them as well. ????

What are ur comments

S

Purkoni

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2011 to Seattle,WA
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Simp said:
Hi every one,

What are ur comments

S
My story is the same.Everything-dates,aor's,points not calculated....etc.
I wrote email to Buffalo this week and they answer to me :"We do not anticipate that we will begin to process your application in current calendar year....."
So,nothing before the late 2012.year :'(

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is diff btwn fsw1,2 and 3.What is their priority

s

Purkoni said:
My story is the same.Everything-dates,aor's,points not calculated....etc.
I wrote email to Buffalo this week and they answer to me :"We do not anticipate that we will begin to process your application in current calendar year....."
So,nothing before the late 2012.year :'(

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello all,

I asked CIC about my application status and in response I get.."We do not anticipate that we will begin to process federal skilled worker applications from February 2010 during the current calendar year..". Anyone with similar dates, please update ur dates & current status. I now believe nothing can be expected before late 2012. Pls pass ur thoughts !!

Many thanks !!

Regards,
CyTric

ekaramad

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th 2010
Doc's Request.
March 27th 2010
AOR Received.
Oct. 28th 2010 (from Buffalo)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
March 24th 2010
Med's Request
Jan 24th 2012 (date on the letter)
Med's Done....
Jan 31st 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb. 28th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20th 2012 (in person)
LANDED..........
March 26th 2012
I sent an email two weeks ago and got the exact reply. Our best bet is the first half of 2012. Other people got the same replies, basically anyone I know of who has applied in 2010 (pre-June).

Let's hope for the best.
Cytric said:
Hello all,

I asked CIC about my application status and in response I get.."We do not anticipate that we will begin to process federal skilled worker applications from February 2010 during the current calendar year..". Anyone with similar dates, please update ur dates & current status. I now believe nothing can be expected before late 2012. Pls pass ur thoughts !!

Many thanks !!

Regards,
CyTric

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:
One think I want to share that be careful about the photograph you submit with your passport to local visa offices once you get your PPR. In case if your photo is not good enough, PR card processing will take another 3-5 more months than the usual. They will forward your file to the local immigration office near your address in Canada around after 1-1.5 months of your landing. The local office will send you an e-mail asking for new photo with proper instructions after crazy 11 weeks once they receive your file. Then you can wait anxiously that this picture will not be rejected either.
I landed on March 26 and my wife on March 28. She received her card on the first week of May. I did not received mine because of photo issues. They said that they had transferred my file to local office on May 10 and I can expect to get a request to resend my photo to the local office after 11 weeks from May 10, which is last week of July (insane!!!!). Then again how long it takes to process the card, only God knows. Hope this will help somebody.
Twilight871, we are facing the same issue as yourself. My PR card had come 6 weeks back, but my wife's didn't. Calling up the Call Center, we learnt about the photo issue and the file transfer to local Vancouver office. Also, that Vancouver will not issue the letter before 23rd Sep!!! Can you please post a copy of the letter that they actually send with "further instructions". I am interested in knowing how complex can the instructions be. I mean the Call center can tell you this is the address, please send fresh set of photographs... Also, did you try to send photographs ahead of time? Did it help expedite thngs? We want to send photographs ahead of time too. But don't know the address of local Vancouver office. Any help or advice?

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ekaramad said:
I sent an email two weeks ago and got the exact reply. Our best bet is the first half of 2012. Other people got the same replies, basically anyone I know of who has applied in 2010 (pre-June).

Let's hope for the best.
Hey ekaramad,

That's means our application r just stagnant @ buffalo, VO and we r eagerly waiting, simply for nothing.:( I wish you be true and our application pass through during first half of 2012.
Good luck !!

CyTric

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
Cytric said:
Hey ekaramad,

That's means our application r just stagnant @ buffalo, VO and we r eagerly waiting, simply for nothing.:( I wish you be true and our application pass through during first half of 2012.
Good luck !!

CyTric
Hey Team,

My case is also similar (timeline in my profile).. the CAIPS notes give BF'D PPS on 5th May 2011.. but no point were calculated except age :)

I got those noted in July so they did no do anything on 5th May..

I can clearly see a big difference in Market demand and the ministrial list .. they is a lot of demand for IT professionals.. but these idiots are not getting the ground reality..

I guess by First Quarter 2012 there may be some movement..

hope for the best..

cheers,

shish

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cytric said:
Hello all,

Many thanks !!

Regards,
CyTric
tht's strange.
but when i did send one email then that time buffalo VO reply " your application is in-process" i dont know wt to do but we nned to do something

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
shish said:
tht's strange.
but when i did send one email then that time buffalo VO reply " your application is in-process" i dont know wt to do but we nned to do something
Yep..bitter truth :(