+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
mpapdp.1984 said:
Detroit seems to be moving pretty quick. Dont know about other consulates. I got my medicals after adding my spouse and child to my application rather quickly. They also respond to case specific enquiries within hours of sending them a query.
I agree Detroit seems to be the fastest in the US, but they process apps inconsistently after receiving apps from Buffalo. Some are requested for medical a week after transfer, but others have to wait for the full three months. I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between these two groups of apps. Any idea?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
googleman said:
I agree Detroit seems to be the fastest in the US, but they process apps inconsistently after receiving apps from Buffalo. Some are requested for medical a week after transfer, but others have to wait for the full three months. I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between these two groups of apps. Any idea?
Bottomline:

No matter how much analysis you do on this matter, ya gotta remember these "things" are random in nature. There is no hard and fast rule as to whose application will be processed faster. Heck, you can't even predict your timeline looking at people with similar timelines as yours. It is all very case specific and random (I repeat, random). Cheers

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
prcanada said:
Hi

I was wondering if we have the choice to select the interview date, if we are called for an interview. Or the visa office selects the interview date??
No, you don't have a choice in setting the date. The immigration officer sets the date. Under remote and extreme circumstances, they allow you to change the date (provided you show documentation detailing the reasons for the postponement)

Mark

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
googleman said:
I remember an applicant whose application was transferred to Detroit the same time as mine, got the medicals like 3 weeks after the transfer. But that applicant was a FSW residing in Canada. So do not know if thats a factor that Detroit looks at before they send medical requests.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
mpapdp.1984 said:
I remember an applicant whose application was transferred to Detroit the same time as mine, got the medicals like 3 weeks after the transfer. But that applicant was a FSW residing in Canada. So do not know if thats a factor that Detroit looks at before they send medical requests.
My guess is that Buffalo transfers apps if they look all right--well above 67--and then Detroit receives them and takes a quick look at them again for IA. If some docs are missing or it doesn't look like it's going to take a short time for IA, they put them aside and want to look at them later within 3 months and move on to other files. But if everything looks OK, they issue a medical immediately usually a week after transfer.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,
Is there a separate indicator for applications to Buffalo filed through Canada .

Its fine if people can respond here else if this information is just pertaining to a smaller section could somebody please point information to following link below .

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-filed-through-ns-buffalo-filed-from-canada-t39909.0.html;msg270815#msg270815

Basically I am looking at information related to processing time lines for canada PR with new process i.e. through CIO Sydney. Separate time lines like medical requests , 1st AOR , 2nd AOR , received passport by VISA office . NOC Category (e.g. 0213 , 2174, 2173 )

Also indications on some general mistakes in forms like Education, pay slips, reference letter issues , ignorance of rule change etc. would be helpful

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
lrow said:
Hi ,
Is there a separate indicator for applications to Buffalo filed through Canada .

Its fine if people can respond here else if this information is just pertaining to a smaller section could somebody please point information to following link below .

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-filed-through-ns-buffalo-filed-from-canada-t39909.0.html;msg270815#msg270815

Basically I am looking at information related to processing time lines for canada PR with new process i.e. through CIO Sydney. Separate time lines like medical requests , 1st AOR , 2nd AOR , received passport by VISA office . NOC Category (e.g. 0213 , 2174, 2173 )

Also indications on some general mistakes in forms like Education, pay slips, reference letter issues , ignorance of rule change etc. would be helpful
It seems you're just applying to Sydney NS CIO. My advice is to prepare your app as thoroughly as possible, and don't try to hide anything. For time lines, visit trackitt.com. There are more In-Canada applicants on trackitt.com than here.

Sharath9

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Aug 2009
Doc's Request.
20 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
05 Apr 2009
Med's Request
08 Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17May2011
VISA ISSUED...
14July2011
hi guys..i also applied from Buffalo..its very slow compared to india..pls find my timelines..anybody sent docs in feb or march ?
pls keep update the status...

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharath9 said:
hi guys..i also applied from Buffalo..its very slow compared to india..pls find my timelines..anybody sent docs in feb or march ?
In the same boat as you.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Sharath9 said:
Based on your current timelines, you are still at least 7-8 months away from getting a response from Buffalo. Patience is the key when it comes to Buffalo. Cheers

Mark

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My documents were submited to Buffalo office on 29 March 2010. Hope to receive AOR from them in May 2010.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
vermas said:
My documents were submited to Buffalo office on 29 March 2010. Hope to receive AOR from them in May 2010.
Hi Vermas
Your category is FSW3 . So did you apply through Canada with VISA office as buffalo ??

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Yes Irow,

I am here in Canada on PG work permit and have applied from here.

Cheers..

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Thanks for letting me know.

Can you join this link as well . As I am trying to find if the time is any different for people applying from canada .

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-form-filed-through-ns-cio-buffalo-filed-from-canada-t39909.0.html;msg271447#msg271447

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
garian4u said:
In the same boat as you.
One of the many reasons I feel why Buffalo is getting delayed is their constant asking for additional information.

A. They ask for documents that are not mentioned in the list initially. For example, they ask for copies of employment contacts and letters from supervisors attesting to the applicant's employment history. We send these documents. Then they ask for W2 (tax returns) for all years worked in the US.

B. They take longer than usual for initial processing. During this time, our FBI clearances (which I believe Buffalo considers valid only for one year from the day the clearance was issued) expire. Buffalo asks for an updated FBI clearance, which adds another 2-3 months to the processing. Back and forth with receiving documents, sending them, the consulate getting them and acting on them takes out around 6 months easily.

A possible solution to this problem: Send ALL documents related to employment , educational qualifications, civil status, etc that you have even if the visa office does not ask/need them initially. This saves considerable time. What happens in this instance is that if they do not need the documents they will trash them, no harm done here; but if they need to see those documents and they are present with the file, your time is saved!

Just a suggestion.