+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi All,

Its been a while i didnt write any comment, because waiting time was just killing me .Hope every body getting progress in his case.
I submitted my file in SEP 2009 to buffalo and didnt get any update till now, last moth i ordered my CAIPS to see how things are going with my file. i got my CAIPS today and almsot nothing is there, most the fields are showing 0/00 in front of them .till now they haven t even gave me any Points. the only thing which is written on all pages is just this:

PAPER FILE SENT TO PF FIL BF' D TO : PF ON 01.06.2010 MICROLOCATOR

Anybody can plz tell me what is this PF ???????

Thanks and have a nice day

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

My status updated to IN PROCESSING - under review from 27th July..how many days does it approximately take to get medicals...its in NY VO..do we get it in email or by post?

harpreet81

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2010
IELTS Request
Scored 7.5
File Transfer...
14-10-2011 To Seattle
I received an email form CIO Sydney on 4th March with File number ( Is that what we call first AOR ?), And I sent my complete application to Buffalo on 7 ( Received on 14th). I am still waiting for AOR (second?) from them.

Following is the status I see on site :

"Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete "

Which also gives me this info:-
We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2010.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 4, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

SO my concerns :

-Does everything looks normal here ? When should i expect to see status "in process" or at least something about review in Buffalo.
-I haven't received any letter, But an email on 4th March from CIO, I have applied to Buffalo based on that email. Did I miss any mail/letter ?
- Do i need to contact CIO/Visa office or should just wait.

Thanks.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
mark_immi said:
Hey Guys,

My status updated to IN PROCESSING - under review from 27th July..how many days does it approximately take to get medicals...its in NY VO..do we get it in email or by post?
People received the Med Reg in their mailbox. check the post mail regularly, man ;).

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hurray......... :)..Just got an email from my attorney that my file got Transferred to New York office today -Aug 4th.
Could anyone please tell me approximately when to expect Medicals....?

thanks guys.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
1st AOR is from CIO and 2nd AOR is from VO w/c is in our case, Buffalo.

Do you mean Buffalo received your file March 14? Its been awhile now and I don't think it will take 5 months for them to reply... They could have sent you your 2nd AOR and you missed it either thru post mail or e-mail. try to send a case specific inquiry to Buffalo to make sure...

Cheers! :D

Anne55
harpreet81 said:
I received an email form CIO Sydney on 4th March with File number ( Is that what we call first AOR ?), And I sent my complete application to Buffalo on 7 ( Received on 14th). I am still waiting for AOR (second?) from them.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 4, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

SO my concerns :

-Does everything looks normal here ? When should i expect to see status "in process" or at least something about review in Buffalo.
-I haven't received any letter, But an email on 4th March from CIO, I have applied to Buffalo based on that email. Did I miss any mail/letter ?

Thanks.

harpreet81

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2010
IELTS Request
Scored 7.5
File Transfer...
14-10-2011 To Seattle
anne55 said:
1st AOR is from CIO and 2nd AOR is from VO w/c is in our case, Buffalo.

Do you mean Buffalo received your file March 14? Its been awhile now and I don't think it will take 5 months for them to reply... They could have sent you your 2nd AOR and you missed it either thru post mail or e-mail. try to send a case specific inquiry to Buffalo to make sure...

Cheers! :D

Anne55
Ooops.. sorry for confusion. My bad.
I sent docs to Buffalo on 7th JUNE and they received on 14th June.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
harpreet81 said:
Ooops.. sorry for confusion. My bad.
I sent docs to Buffalo on 7th JUNE and they received on 14th June.
I think you're doing just fine. The e-cas status will be updated few weeks after you receive your AOR from Buffalo. (at least this was my experience).

You should expect to receive the AOR from Buffalo anytime soon. Mine took 2 months after they received my full application. Good luck! :)

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yarla7bh , ParulKrish

Congrats on the file Transfer. You can expect to get the meds request anytime between 3-5 weeks from now. And it will be a smooth road from there on. For me it took almost 5 weeks after the file transfer for the file to get in process and one week after that to get the meds request from NY.I will recommend that in the meanwhile, get a feel of the DMPs in your area and how much they charge etc etc.

Personal advice, don't sweat it out too much..your file got transferred and there will be movement for sure :)

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harpreet81 said:

SO my concerns :

Thanks.
Hey Harpreet,
Hang in there. It might take some time for you to hear about the next step. For me it took almost 4 months after file was sent to buffalo to get any movement and be transferred to NY.
Good luck!

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
jattu1980 said:
Yarla7bh , ParulKrish

Congrats on the file Transfer. You can expect to get the meds request anytime between 3-5 weeks from now. And it will be a smooth road from there on. For me it took almost 5 weeks after the file transfer for the file to get in process and one week after that to get the meds request from NY.I will recommend that in the meanwhile, get a feel of the DMPs in your area and how much they charge etc etc.

Personal advice, don't sweat it out too much..your file got transferred and there will be movement for sure :)
Thanks Jattu1980, I'm so much relieved reading your reply :).

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jattu1980 said:
Yarla7bh , ParulKrish

Jattu1980,
Thanks for your reply and comforting words..........

I have a quick question to people who have already completed this phase:
i have worked with 3 employers/companies so far (including the one i am working at present). I was thinking to send a quick email to my present as well as 2 previous companies informing them that they would be contacted by Canadian Immigration officials regarding my employment details. I did not want to remind/alert them too early, but i think this is the right time as my Case is being handled by NY.

My question is - Does the Canadian immigration officials/VO contact the employers/companies? If yes, would the New York VO contact all my previous companies regarding Employment information etc or was it already completed by Buffalo....?

Any comments are greatly appreciated..

Thanks

SriToronto

Aug 5, 2010
I submitted my full application package to Buffalo visa office on 16th June 2010 and I have not received any acknowledgement letter from them nor my profile has been updated as Application received by the visa office. Please advise me.
Thanks