2010-Sep-9
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Med's Request
31-Aug-2011
sukhi said:
Friends,

One query,

I have a baby girls birth after sending my applicaiton, now she needs to be added in the immigration process,

My queries:

What are the documents required to be send to VO?
When to send? Can i send before i receive 2nd AOR or i should wait for 2nd AOR and then send the updates.
Should i send mail first or direct courier of the additonal documents to VO?
Then when to send PCC?

i am waiting 2nd AOR and getting confusion bcz of the birth of my baby and additional process.

Ashisvet

i got this reply from new delhi visa office

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

You will be required to submit the following documents in order to add your child to your application apart from :

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application
- processing fee for the child (if accompanying you to Canada)
- an IMM8 application form and Family Information Form filled in for the child
- updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse
- notarized copy of the child's birth certificate
- copy of your child's valid passport
- two recent passport-size photographs of your child according to the specifications

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

RSH

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca
Hi, I also had the same problem. I got my PER on 4th January and send a mail to singapore VO and they told me to send the same papers as Delhi VO said. So finally i sent all the papers on 27th of January.

I think you should send all the papers ASAP. This will help your application to avoid from any unnecessary delaying.

In addition of the above papers i have sent the Police certificate also.

Mars Volta

Oct 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
nursemich said:
THIS IS THE SECOND AOR

Name
Address
Date: February 3, 2011
UCI: *********
Application: ***********

Dear ************:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which we have received at this office.
You must quote the application number pasted above in any future correspondence.
Processing time

Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category in which you have applied are finalized in an average of 6 to 12 months in our office. If you have not received any instructions from this office within six (6) months from the date of this letter, please contact us directly and inform us of this.
Interview

You will be notified in writing of any requirements for your interview, if required, prior to the date of the interview, and you will be provided with further instructions at that time.
Section 15 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act authorizes an officer to proceed with an examination where a person makes an application for permanent residence in Canada for the purpose of determining whether the person and all his or her accompanying family members appear to be persons who may be granted entry into Canada. To proceed with an examination, a personal interview is sometimes required.

Section 16 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination. If an applicant appears for the interview without all the family members as required by the officer, then the required examination cannot be completed. This means that the applicant would be found to be inadmissible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that he or she has not complied with all the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, following sections 11 and 41 of the Act.
Interpreters

If required, applicants must arrange for interpreters in advance for any family members who will be interviewed and who are unable to communicate well in either of Canada's official languages (English or French). If applicable, instructions for the provision of interpreters will be provided to you prior to your interview appointment.
Non-resident applications

If you or any of your accompanying family members are not normally resident in the area of responsibility of this office, then there may be additional delays in the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada. These delays may result from the need to refer your case to the Canadian Immigration office which is responsible for the country in which you or your family members normally reside. This referral is necessary to verify any information that you have provided with your application, or for advice concerning qualifications or other matters of a local concern that should be taken into account when assessing your application.

Change in circumstance

Let us know by fax or email if there is a change in your personal circumstances, such as the birth of a child, a marriage or divorce. (See our contact information below.)
You must also inform us in writing of any
• Change of address, including change of e-mail address;
• Change or cancellation of immigration representative; or
• Request for withdrawal of your application.

Our contact information is as follows:
Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy, Manila
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
Fax: (63-2) 843-1094 / 843-1096
Email: manil.immigration @ international.gc.ca

Communication by email

We will communicate with you by email if you have indicated an email address in your application or an enquiry. Therefore, please ensure that you provide us with a valid email address and that you check your email account regularly.
Prepare yourself for immigration to Canada
Your application has just been received at our visa office and several months may pass before you know the final decision on your application. We encourage you to use these months to gather information on Canada.
One of your first steps should be to begin researching potential employment in Canada. Keep in mind that many occupations in Canada are not regulated. For those occupations, the employer is responsible for assessing and recognizing your qualifications.
However, some occupations are regulated and do not permit persons to practice without a license. To obtain a license to practice a regulated occupation, you must go through a formal assessment and an acceptance of your education and professional qualifications by a regulatory body. This assessment will compare your training, education and experience to Canadian requirements. The assessment will also help determine whether further training and evaluation may be needed before you acquire a license to practice your occupation in Canada.

In partnership with Service Canada, the Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO) provides information and referrals to individuals seeking employment in Canada. You can find more information on the FCRO Web site at www.credentials.gc.ca. Clients in Canada can call 1-888-854-1805 or the Service Canada general enquiries number at 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) for more information. Clients in Canada can also obtain in-person service at Service Canada Centers throughout Canada.
The Going to Canada Internet site at www.directioncanada.gc.ca contains important information about living and working in Canada as well as a "Working in Canada Tool" which will tell you what the current prospects are for your occupation across Canada. It offers information on essential skills, job descriptions, work conditions and opportunities. It will also tell you whether your occupation is a regulated profession in Canada or not.

We trust that you find this information helpful. Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Sincerely,
Federal Skilled Worker Unit
Immigration Section, Manila
Gratz Nursemich.
But it's still one year to wait(

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
Thanks smiler and mars volta...oh don't be so negative..its gonna be just six months, atleast.
We have to attract the positive force :) ;D

lizz

Nov 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're right nursemich, remember the 33 weeks thing...

Anyways, guys I need your views on this.

I have a nephew-a son of my brother whom my parents signed for his birth certificate, which shows he's my younger brother.

I didn't know this and so I didn't include him in my family information.

What will happen?

What I'm thinking is:

-I'll update VO once my papers reaches their office and include him as my brother
-I'll ask my parents to change his birth cert to his real parents so no changes in my application
-No issues with my application whatsoever?

Please help

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i advicse you with the second option
(I'll ask my parents to change his birth cert to his real parents so no changes in my application)

lizz said:

I have a nephew-a son of my brother whom my parents signed for his birth certificate, which shows he's my younger brother.

What will happen?

What I'm thinking is:

-I'll update VO once my papers reaches their office and include him as my brother
-I'll ask my parents to change his birth cert to his real parents so no changes in my application

Please help

L

ladykiller

nursemich said:
Thanks smiler and mars volta...oh don't be so negative..its gonna be just six months, atleast.
We have to attract the positive force :) ;D
i just figured out that you didn't submit your PCC to CIO.
Did VO mention anything about submission of PCC in the 2nd AOR?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Mars Volta said:
Gratz Nursemich.
But it's still one year to wait(
What makes you say 1 year?

If they have sent the AOR then, if previous correspondence from visa offices are to be believed, they have started processing.

The final eligibility review and selection/admissability are already done. This was part of the previous 6 to 12 month timeline the visa offices are quoting. They can't quote anything else since they have no finalised >J26 cases to go on. But with no final eligibility review or selection/admissability to do then the visa offices only have the following to do:
- Security/background checks
- Document authenticity checks, which may include employment verification
- Issuing of medicals

No way should that take 12 months. For a straightforward case, which I think will be 80% to 90% of us, the security/background checks take 30 days or so. And only small % of applications will have employment verification done on them - just those which are cause for concern or a few random spot-checks to keep applicants honest.

So, I think they are saying 6 to 12 months because they have no other data to go on. Much like CIO say 33 weeks to get PER. As we saw it is less than half of that.

I would say 3 months to 6 months would be more realistic. They want people off their backs so they ask not to contact them for at least 6 months, by which time most cases would be finalised. Cases getting 2nd AORs now I expect would be finalised around June this year.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
lizz said:

What will happen?

What I'm thinking is:

Please help
Hi Liz, how did that happen? The child must have been delivered by a midwife at home because if that happened in a hospital, staff won't allow it. Who was declared as the husband? Well anyway, I know its none of my business. I just got really curious about the situation.

If your brother has a plan in the future to be the legal parent, that is if he plans to change the birth cert and make himself as the parent, I don't think you should declare it.

If you have a plan to petition/sponsor your nephew in the future, then declare it and consider him as your brother.

That will not be an issue on your application since you didn't declare it, but it will be in the future if you want to petition/sponsor him.

lizz

Nov 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that's what I wanted to hear Wayne

and thanks om saif for the advise

nursemich, my brother got his gf pregnant by accident and don't want to take that responsibility so my parents did

I'm just wondering if I'll do nothing on it at this point of time, then there will be no issues on my application in case background checks will be done? Or it will be a wise decision to let them change his birth cert so whatever decisions we will have in the future, it will not raise any issue?

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
ladykiller said:
i just figured out that you didn't submit your PCC to CIO.
Did VO mention anything about submission of PCC in the 2nd AOR?
Hi ladykiller, they didn't ask for it yet, but I guess they will email me one of these days to ask for it. Also, my VO didn't require applicants to send the employment evidence of the spouse at the initial application, so it will also be included in their requirement too for the background check. I'll get a police clearance tomorrow, so it will be all set when they ask for it.

I'm also thinking to send it before they require it, but in order to be courteous, I'll wait for their email :)

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
indira_prab said:
I do not have it with me now :(. Will try to locate it for you while @ home. I don't think it will be of any help for you as you do not have anything to declare. What i did was,

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL HISTORY - Appendix for the VO checklist

Name : XXX - Principal Applicant

DOB : XXXX

S.No From To VIA Onward date Return date Duration of stay Visa status

Thanks,
Indira Prabhakaran.
There is a form IMM 5562 for travel history in the london VO checklist.
You can base your info on it.

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
lizz said:
Now that's what I wanted to hear Wayne

and thanks om saif for the advise

nursemich, my brother got his gf pregnant by accident and don't want to take that responsibility so my parents did

I'm just wondering if I'll do nothing on it at this point of time, then there will be no issues on my application in case background checks will be done? Or it will be a wise decision to let them change his birth cert so whatever decisions we will have in the future, it will not raise any issue?
Oh thanks for clarification.

Well, in my opinion, Yes it will not be an issue at this moment. Visa office does not have access to National Statistics Office (NSO) file and they will not look on how many children your parents really have or how many siblings do you really have. It's only for sponsoring them as I have mentioned.

Yes, definitely do the right thing, straighten the issue, since your brother is the true parent, but I think it will be hard to change the parents name on the birth certificate. I think it will be an adoption.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
bd1122 said:
Hi, I also had the same problem. I got my PER on 4th January and send a mail to singapore VO and they told me to send the same papers as Delhi VO said. So finally i sent all the papers on 27th of January.

I think you should send all the papers ASAP. This will help your application to avoid from any unnecessary delaying.

In addition of the above papers i have sent the Police certificate also.
Hello bd1122 and Sukhi,
Congratulations.
Just a quick one. If I am correct, bd1122 said s/he sent all the documents same as are required by ND VO to Singapore and POLICE CERTIFICATE. Police certificate is not required for babies.
Any contrary views please.

Shalom

Rohan09

Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9' 10
AOR Received.
Jan 7' 11
IELTS Request
Original doc sent with application
Med's Request
Mar 3' 11
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Mar 3' 11
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 5' 11
LANDED..........
Oct 28' 11
Hi Wayne & others...I'd like to ask one important query

I recieved my file # almost 24 days back and in my case I have not sent the PCCs earlier so I have to submit them now...so I guess there will b a check-list of documents which will be mailed to me by the VO stipulating the requirement of PCC before I can get a Medical request....hence do I have to wait until the VO makes a correspondence with me or should I contact them myself and tell them that I am ready with the PCCs.

Many thanks.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear all

Please need urgent assistance.

I have my old application ( Sept. 2006) filled via consultant . In old application my job title was Retail Chemist & NOC code was : 3131 with same job duties & responsibilities.

As in my new application Which is still to dispatch... My job title is Retail Pharmacist & NOC :3131 with no change in job duties & roles.

Do you think that because of change in job title ...there will be problem ? What do you suggest me

Need your urgent help ...

Regards,
Mayank