Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 22, 2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Anybody apply after 26/6 got any information?

As my agent told that: after apply to CIO, after around 5~6 months can get AOR. After that they sending to VO. Time in VO will be around after 2~3 months will sent MR.

Is that maybe true or not because new rule is haven't got resulte from anybody so it is really difficult to say.

moksh2k7

Oct 19, 2010
Victory said:
Anybody apply after 26/6 got any information?

As my agent told that: after apply to CIO, after around 5~6 months can get AOR. After that they sending to VO. Time in VO will be around after 2~3 months will sent MR.

Is that maybe true or not because new rule is haven't got resulte from anybody so it is really difficult to say.

thats right dude

I have applied on july 2010........but till now didn't get any information

cheers

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
moksh2k7 said:
thats right dude

I have applied on july 2010........but till now didn't get any information

cheers
Could you kindly share when they charged your CC or BD?
Thanks in advance.

Amro Elsayed

Sep 7, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
asaif said:
A new week have started. It's Monday 8am at Nova Scotia now. Let's hope for the best.
Yes we hope to have more update this week saif .....

" where are you man hope everything is ok with you ???"

AMro

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amro Elsayed said:
Yes we hope to have more update this week saif .....

" where are you man hope everything is ok with you ???"

AMro
My friend Dr Amro. Here or there it doesn't matter. The important thing is we can stay in touch with, help and encourage each other.

C

Cam1234

mayankpandya said:
Need for upgradation in Canada immigration services

Canada, 29th October: A recent audit by Canadian Auditor-General into Citizenship and Immigration Canada has revealed several inefficiencies in the system.

Findings of the audit by Sheila Fraser state numerous inadequacies in the Canada immigration department Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIAC) concerning processing of Canada immigration applications....

The report also has highlighted some positive sides of the department with special mention of the response of Canada immigration department to the earthquake in Haiti in January this year.

It praises department's on-time delivery of information, better public communication and several other measures by the department following the Haitian earthquake.
Thank you for posting that mayankpandya. From speaking with my consultant, who bases her information on the way her client's applications are being processed, it seems the wait time is around 5 months at CIO currently and then you add your VO wait time (in my case Buffalo average 12 months). So it seems I may hear something out of CIO in January and then land, if I am lucky and everything goes well, around Jan. 2012 :(

The findings reported today in that article are promising, but we all know it will take a long time before anything will actually be done about the "inadequacies." Probably would not affect my long wait :(

Good luck to all,
Cam

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cam1234 said:
Thank you for posting that mayankpandya. From speaking with my consultant, who bases her information on the way her client's applications are being processed, it seems the wait time is around 5 months at CIO currently and then you add your VO wait time (in my case Buffalo average 12 months). So it seems I may hear something out of CIO in January and then land, if I am lucky and everything goes well, around Jan. 2012 :(

The findings reported today in that article are promising, but we all know it will take a long time before anything will actually be done about the "inadequacies." Probably would not affect my long wait :(

Good luck to all,
Cam
Hi - hmm I don't think you can really use these as a guideline. Sure, May and June applicants experienced up to 5 months delay getting their 1st AOR, but this was partly due to a massive influx of applications (around 50,000 I believe) in combination with a lot of staff holidays at CIO and also a lot of student holiday visas to process.

Now that the staff holidays and student visas are over, it should in theory be a lot faster to process the post-June-26 applications.

The only show-stopper I can see is how long it will take for finish the pre-June-26 1st AORs, since although well over half have now received AOR (or rejection) there are still a sizable number on our June 2010 thread reporting they have yet to receive one.

I am guessing the 33 week figure is being quoted because they are unsure how long it will take to complete the June 2010 AORs (looking at the scattered way in which the AORs are arriving it looks to me like they have done the more straightforward applications first and are now dealing with the more complex ones, just guessing though!).

Anyway, I think post June 26 will have their own timescales for this entire process which will be unrelated to the current timescales for May/June 2010 applications.

Wayne.

P

piznyuralex

Hi everybody. Today I called CIO in Sydney and got very confusing information. The purpose of my call was to determine the reason why the money for reviewing my application received on October 13 has not been charged yet. And the man said that they are processing applications received at the beginning of September. So my situation is normal. But as I know they start processing after money is charged. Very strange. And he said that it is impossible that people who submitted docs after me had their CC or BD charged. But I konow the opposite. There are a few people on this forum who did have their money charged.

sasi6174

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
TO DAY I CALLED TO CIO AND ASKED MY APPLICATION STATUS.

HE SAID ,SYSTEM ACCESS IS NOT PASSABLE SO I CANT HELP YOU,YOU WAIT 33 WEEK WE WILL REPLAY THROUGH YOUR E-MAIL

TALKING FINISH.

MSM-2332

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2010
AOR Received.
PER: 11-01-2011, AOR: 13-05-2011
Hi, folks,

Somthing makes me think that 33 weeks includes background and/or security check. So maybe the process has slightly changed and they will send our applications to VO after background check and VO will only re-check the local docs and send out medicals?

Any feedback on this thought is welcomed.

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
Anyway, I think post June 26 will have their own timescales for this entire process which will be unrelated to the current timescales for May/June 2010 applications.

Wayne.
I hope you are correct about a smaller wait time for post June 26 applicants Wayne, the window of opportunity for me to move becomes smaller as the wait time increases, considering my application gets approved in the first place.

The consultant also mentioned another interesting fact. The backlog was 600,000 applications last year and it is now 400,000... They will still process 200,000 applications this year regardless of what they get through the new 20,000 cap procedures... so the workload will be the same for them.

Do you have any idea where you will hopefully be landing?
Cam

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
MSM-2332 said:
Hi, folks,

Somthing makes me think that 33 weeks includes background and/or security check. So maybe the process has slightly changed and they will send our applications to VO after background check and VO will only re-check the local docs and send out medicals?

Any feedback on this thought is welcomed.
From what I read of their processes, all background checks are still done at the VO. As far as CIC's efforts are concerned there doesn't seem to be a great deal extra for them to do than with the pre-June-26 process. The only thing extra is that during their eligibility review they will have all the supporting documents to hand (something they did not have in the previous process), so I am thinking the eligibility review will take longer. But on a per-application basis this might mean the difference between 2 hours and 3 hours etc?

The 33 weeks figure IMO has the following possibilities:

1) It is just a fob-off number to stop people phoning them, and in reality AORs will take nowhere near as long as this
2) It is because they have to still spend a significant amount of time processing the 50,000 applications from May and June
3) It is because they are going to stockpile the applications (approved and rejected) until they reach the 20,000 cap - and then send out all AORs and rejections at once

Still all guesswork really. It would be a lot more helpful if they'd actually put more information on their FAQ about the 33 week delay, and what it means (i.e is it 33 weeks until eligibility review is complete or does this include any of the work formerly done by the visa office?).

Wayne.