30 April 2012 (KL to SG)
Med's Request
10-March-2012
Med's Done....
16-March-2012
PA5510N said:
congratulation dear!! ;D ;D ;D

wish you best of luck and have a bright future ahead
Thank you buddy and wish u get ur visa soon :)

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
mahek286 said:
My MP's office contacted Ottawa and they told them that my application is still in queue for assessment and that they cannot give an estimate of when my application will be processed but suggested following up in three months!!! 21 months and my application hasn't even been assessed yet. Stronger motivation for CEC now.
That is really sad to know. But, Have some patience. I believe, some thing might happen in the next 3 months. Definitely, you can avail the CEC option I think.

Thanks,
satya.

Anurag

Jul 30, 2012
Dear friends

I would like to share my Canada Experience with you. I thought it would be good for you too to get to know about Canada and get mentally prepared.

Landed here in March this year and applied for PR card which I received in two months time. This card is required to return to Canada if you are abroad like you came to India and want to go back to Canada then you need this card to board the plane and enter Canada. You all should make sure that photos you send are of wright specifications, in India photographers don't have experience of taking such photos and give us rubbish which is fine for processing but you will get stuck in getting PR card, as these peoples are highly specific.

Got Fido connection and mobile phone on contract. Here you don't pay for the mobile phone its free you just have to sign a contract that you will stick to the connection for two or three years depending upon on the scheme. Not all phones are free like i phones for which you pay few hunderd dollars to get it out of $600 which is its actual cost, the rest amount is waived if you stick to the plans for 3 years. Other mobile services are Roggers, Koodo, Chat-R, Wind, Telus etc. Keeping a mobile phone is not easy its costly. You pay for incoming as well as outgoing and receving text messages too. Moreover Caller Id is not free you pay $7 to get this service so that you get to know who is calling you. A good package with unlimited messages national and international with unlimited talking in a specific area will cost you $35 + taxes. If you use internet then you may add another $40 to your bill, for me its $25 for 500Mb and another $5 for another 500Mb. Its really costly. and in between you can't leave the services of mobile phone due to contract you signed if you break you have to pay $400 ohhh my god. So sign the contract of mobile phone wisely.

Getting a room on rent is easy, you get several bhai from India and can get a basement for $500-650 a month, some include electricity bill while others don't. I paid $50 to get electricity bill transferred to my name and the bill comes somewhere around $ 30. I use token laundry and it takes $2 to wash and $ 3 to dry clothes. For your home you need a vacuum cleaner that may cost $100 or more.

Indian food is available in plenty but I didn't find the taste. it's okay okay type, I buy chole, rajma, palak paneer, baigan bharta, paav bhaji etc instant pak for $1.99 + taxes each. My monthly fooding costs me somewhere around $220 a month and sometimes more when I go out like $13 + taxes for a buffet.

Job market is not good for people like us, our education is not valid here and we have to do credential assement for $270 for various agencies like ICAS, or WES. finding a job in our field is very very difficult moreover to get a job you need canadian experience which all employers ask for (how can we get it, we are not offered a job so how can we gain this experience), few of you think its easy but is not at all. Sitting at home in initial days will bring frustation and I too completely broke down, because you earn nothing and spend so much. Bus ticket for a rout is $3 and pass is in hundred dollars its costly but I have it to go here and there. Keeping a car is not at all easy, u can purchase a car easily for $1000 + depending upon the model, my friend purchased Honda civic for $4500, but friends insurance is in several hundred dollars a month for new users. If u want to drive get Indian plastic card license with international license from local RTO and a letter of verification stating that ur license is genuine. After writing the written test you will get G1 license or learner's license and immediately G2 for road test and then your license. Exam fees is hundred dollars approx. For learning how to drive $25/ class is charged by few indians who teach here.

I didn't get job in my field and many many many are here its same with everyone except those who have big links and good references. For ordinary people like me its difficult. So, what I did is to take up labour jobs, hard physical work which many of us think is very easy but its not. Unlike India for 8 hrs you have to work fastly and seriously otherwise you are fired the next day. I earn $10.25 per hour and maximum for other labours working for several several years is $11-12 per hr. and you work for 40 hrs a week, and 8 hrs a day from Mon to friday and when on saturdays and sundays u think to go out you find shopping malls closed as they open for a short period on weekends.

So overall from my point of view I enjoy quality life but not money wise

I earn $2000 by working in two shifts and get $1600 after tax deduction.

$1600 my salary - $100 for mobile and internet bill - $600 room rent - $200 food - $ 120 bus pass - $ 25 electricity bill - $ 25 clothes washing - $50 if you eat out = I actually save $480 which is equivalent to indian rupees 24000. with this many many like me can't purchase own home ever here and can't send anything back to home. Only thing I want to say in this paragraph life is very hard unlike what many of us think and is not cakewalk.

bye think twice.

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Anurag said:
Dear friends

I would like to share my Canada Experience with you. I thought it would be good for you too to get to know about Canada and get mentally prepared.

Landed here in March this year and applied for PR card which I received in two months time. This card is required to return to Canada if you are abroad like you came to India and want to go back to Canada then you need this card to board the plane and enter Canada. You all should make sure that photos you send are of wright specifications, in India photographers don't have experience of taking such photos and give us rubbish which is fine for processing but you will get stuck in getting PR card, as these peoples are highly specific.

Got Fido connection and mobile phone on contract. Here you don't pay for the mobile phone its free you just have to sign a contract that you will stick to the connection for two or three years depending upon on the scheme. Not all phones are free like i phones for which you pay few hunderd dollars to get it out of $600 which is its actual cost, the rest amount is waived if you stick to the plans for 3 years. Other mobile services are Roggers, Koodo, Chat-R, Wind, Telus etc. Keeping a mobile phone is not easy its costly. You pay for incoming as well as outgoing and receving text messages too. Moreover Caller Id is not free you pay $7 to get this service so that you get to know who is calling you. A good package with unlimited messages national and international with unlimited talking in a specific area will cost you $35 + taxes. If you use internet then you may add another $40 to your bill, for me its $25 for 500Mb and another $5 for another 500Mb. Its really costly. and in between you can't leave the services of mobile phone due to contract you signed if you break you have to pay $400 ohhh my god. So sign the contract of mobile phone wisely.

Getting a room on rent is easy, you get several bhai from India and can get a basement for $500-650 a month, some include electricity bill while others don't. I paid $50 to get electricity bill transferred to my name and the bill comes somewhere around $ 30. I use token laundry and it takes $2 to wash and $ 3 to dry clothes. For your home you need a vacuum cleaner that may cost $100 or more.

Indian food is available in plenty but I didn't find the taste. it's okay okay type, I buy chole, rajma, palak paneer, baigan bharta, paav bhaji etc instant pak for $1.99 + taxes each. My monthly fooding costs me somewhere around $220 a month and sometimes more when I go out like $13 + taxes for a buffet.

Job market is not good for people like us, our education is not valid here and we have to do credential assement for $270 for various agencies like ICAS, or WES. finding a job in our field is very very difficult moreover to get a job you need canadian experience which all employers ask for (how can we get it, we are not offered a job so how can we gain this experience), few of you think its easy but is not at all. Sitting at home in initial days will bring frustation and I too completely broke down, because you earn nothing and spend so much. Bus ticket for a rout is $3 and pass is in hundred dollars its costly but I have it to go here and there. Keeping a car is not at all easy, u can purchase a car easily for $1000 + depending upon the model, my friend purchased Honda civic for $4500, but friends insurance is in several hundred dollars a month for new users. If u want to drive get Indian plastic card license with international license from local RTO and a letter of verification stating that ur license is genuine. After writing the written test you will get G1 license or learner's license and immediately G2 for road test and then your license. Exam fees is hundred dollars approx. For learning how to drive $25/ class is charged by few indians who teach here.

I didn't get job in my field and many many many are here its same with everyone except those who have big links and good references. For ordinary people like me its difficult. So, what I did is to take up labour jobs, hard physical work which many of us think is very easy but its not. Unlike India for 8 hrs you have to work fastly and seriously otherwise you are fired the next day. I earn $10.25 per hour and maximum for other labours working for several several years is $11-12 per hr. and you work for 40 hrs a week, and 8 hrs a day from Mon to friday and when on saturdays and sundays u think to go out you find shopping malls closed as they open for a short period on weekends.

$1600 my salary - $100 for mobile and internet bill - $600 room rent - $200 food - $ 120 bus pass - $ 25 electricity bill - $ 25 clothes washing - $50 if you eat out = I actually save $480 which is equivalent to indian rupees 24000. with this many many like me can't purchase own home ever here and can't send anything back to home. Only thing I want to say in this paragraph life is very hard unlike what many of us think and is not cakewalk.

bye think twice.
Your assessment is apparently based on your being in Canada for just 4 months I suppose? You haven't told us what qualifications you have and how unattractive your employability is? You should ideally require not less than six months to settle in a new country all things being equal before even thinking of getting into the system properly? It appears after just 4 months you either have given up or you want a miracle by all means? There are thousands of bridging programs/courses out there you can take to supplement your foreign credentials, and by the way if you 're good and networking, you will probably find employers who don't care much about where your degree is from. And the attitude you portray here may not fetch you more than that job that you currently have.

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
Thanks for sharing you experience Anurag, pls let us know you NOC?

Anurag said:
Dear friends

bye think twice.

CanadaDo

May 28, 2012
Anurag said:
Dear friends

bye think twice.

A very true account of experiences of many people I have come across. I appreciate your honesty and sense of purpose in writing this.

One may ask Anurag what his qualifications are. Well let us say he is a neurosurgeon from India. It will be no different. By the by becoming a neurosurgeon is no easy task in any country. The situation will not be different after 5 or even 7 years for that neurosurgeon. That is the system.

Let us say he is an engineer with good amount of experience in Petroleum industry- pipeline design, non-destructive testing, plant maintenance (also mining industry), in 1 or 2 years time one must be able to get the Canadian credentials. The situation can be much better. Though those 1 or 2 years can be horrible- based on marital status, age, size and age of the family members etc.
Now once you get the Canadian credentials – you may still have to start out at lower level positions than you left your country. Some would say that is fair enough.

Software programmers/ consultants/ analysts- patchy depends on the technology you work with really. Canadian experience is often asked for even if you have US experience! Then there is the issue of references, acceptance among co-workers etc. To be fair I am tending to compare with the US where one sees much better acceptance etc.

Say you are nurse practitioner- graduate in nursing from most countries. Few months to get your credentials done but a longer slog in getting the experience and stable job. But quite possible to pull it off if you have a spouse to support. Again family situation etc. can influence how smooth it is going to be.

Bottom line is that with some skills you stand a better chance. Look to get those skills. I suppose the point I take from Anurag is that:
1. do not assume it is going to be easy across the board for any skill
2. come with skills that are in solid demand, do your research
3. take a holistic approach- what you get from moving to Canada including freedom and fairness for say your daughters. I say that because when this is mentioned it is very disturbing to lots of people, somewhat interesting to see that reaction.
4. don’t take Canada for a country where you can make money (house, car etc) and then live in one’s cocoon or return to one’s place. This is going to have a very profound effect on one’s life, family members etc.

SatishMan

Star Member
Dec 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application ( Notarized Copy ), IELTS & PCC origional
AOR Received.
25-11-10 ( PER ) 2nd AOR 25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
6 June 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27 Sept 2011
Dear Friends,

I am back after a long time with good news that i cleared my G driving licence within two months i landed to canada and i know that its the first requirement over here.

Regards
Satish

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recieved by M.KRSWZDA on 12-10-2010, Payment BD
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09.02.2011, In Process 11.08.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03.07.2012, additional meds 15.08.2012, Meds on Ecas 25.08.2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by Allah's will :)
SatishMan said:
Dear Friends,

I am back after a long time with good news that i cleared my G driving licence within two months i landed to canada and i know that its the first requirement over here.

Regards
Satish
Great Satish.. :)
You did a good job :)

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
mahek286 said:
My MP's office contacted Ottawa and they told them that my application is still in queue for assessment and that they cannot give an estimate of when my application will be processed but suggested following up in three months!!! 21 months and my application hasn't even been assessed yet. Stronger motivation for CEC now.
Sad to hear about that mahek :(
I cannot stop wondering how they really work in those VOs. They seem sooo random.

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
kia777 said:
With the blessings of GOD and the best wishes of my forum friends, this Thursday I have received my VISA
+COPR

Wish all of you a smooth and fast process ...
congrats Kia.. CelEbrAtIon time :D

pksr

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8th2012
AOR Received.
Nov82012
IELTS Request
Sent with Applications
Med's Request
waiting..
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
mahek286 said:
I'm exactly the same scenario as yours..
My file is not yet been assessed.. its almost 21 months no updates...
Still in RBVO... pls do share when u get any updates

I had applied CEC in june..

IRG

Oct 7, 2010
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sept 2010
Doc's Request.
submitted all originals
AOR Received.
PER - 24 Jan 2011
File Transfer...
ECAS - RBVO 3 March 2011, In Process - 4 Oct 2011
Med's Request
11 Oct 2011, Med Forms Reissued 24 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
Signed by DMP-28 Apr 2012, Sent to LVO-14 May 2012, Delivered to LVO 18 May12, ECAS line added-18 June 12
Passport Req..
4 JUL 2012, Passports sent 20 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Aug 2012, COPR recieved 23 Aug 2012 (visa exempt)
Anurag said:
Dear friends

bye think twice.
It looks like you landed in Toronto? or some other place in Ontario? What effort did you make to integrate in the society? Did you take any courses? Did you do any research for your profession and skills before landing?

It looks to me like you have not been prepared at all, my dear friend, to meet the reality. Thats very sad for you.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
pksr said:
I'm exactly the same scenario as yours..
My file is not yet been assessed.. its almost 21 months no updates...
Still in RBVO... pls do share when u get any updates

I had applied CEC in june..
And how is your CEC application going, PKSR?

ali222

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
15-8-2011
Med's Done....
20-8-2011
Interview........
not
Passport Req..
ppr step 1 on 24 feb 2012 and step 2 28 march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
5 april 2012
LANDED..........
7 May 2012
i have done medical assistant diploma from b.c is it valid in Alberta ?

kia777

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 3 August 2011
File Transfer...
30 April 2012 (KL to SG)
Med's Request
10-March-2012
Med's Done....
16-March-2012
basmalahh said:
congrats Kia.. CelEbrAtIon time :D
Thanks bro, we will celebrate yours soon Insha allah ;)