+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ mahek,

Since you will have a "STUDENT" status when you apply for CEC, you application will be assessed on

1. Your work experience and
2. Your ability in English or French.
3. Your education.

Mitali

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
mitali said:
@ mahek,

Since you will have a "STUDENT" status when you apply for CEC, you application will be assessed on

1. Your work experience and
2. Your ability in English or French.
3. Your education.

Mitali
Hi Mitali,

Thanks for your feedback. I checked the NOC and I am good to go. As mentioned earlier, I have just over a year of full time work experience on a PGWP after graduation from a Canadian university. My work permit expires soon so I registered for a graduate certificate and applied for a study permit. I will be applying for CEC from inside Canada so I was wondering if being on a study permit instead of a work permit had any impact on my application.

kscsk

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahek286 said:
Hi Mitali,

Thanks for your feedback. I checked the NOC and I am good to go. As mentioned earlier, I have just over a year of full time work experience on a PGWP after graduation from a Canadian university. My work permit expires soon so I registered for a graduate certificate and applied for a study permit. I will be applying for CEC from inside Canada so I was wondering if being on a study permit instead of a work permit had any impact on my application.
Hi mahek, You can apply under CEC irrespective of your status in Canada ( as long as its a legal status) or can apply from outside canada . The most important thing I see missing from this conversation is the length of study which you completed before you got that 1 year work experience. It has to be a 2 year Full time course for you to apply under CEC.

tamzi08

May 25, 2012
gskahlon79.backup1 said:
hello
this is my first post. i filed my PR to buffalo visa office in apr 2011 and started processing my application on may 5 2011. i applied under fsw2 as system database analyst.
does anybody know if applications with arranged employment are processed faster.
my online status just shows received by visa office. i am waiting for further replies.
anybody that filed their application during that period and have got medicals please reply.

tamzi08

May 25, 2012
hi, i am in the same boat as you are. i applied in february 2011 under CEC. they said they sent me the medical forms but i never received them. so i requested for ti again and again. never received anything upto now. but i went ahead and did my medicals in december. since the buffalo office is closed they were transferring all the files over to ottawa. i have no idea where to pay my RPRF to.

if anybody knows, please help as well

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahek286 said:
Hi Mitali,

You qualify for CEC, even though you will be on student permit. Even if you were on Visitor status, you'd have qualified.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kscsk said:
Hi mahek, You can apply under CEC irrespective of your status in Canada ( as long as its a legal status) or can apply from outside canada . The most important thing I see missing from this conversation is the length of study which you completed before you got that 1 year work experience. It has to be a 2 year Full time course for you to apply under CEC.
Hi kscsk,

In case of Mahek, she would qualify and she does not need 2yr Full time course to apply for CEC.

- a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or
equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gskahlon79.backup1 said:
hello
this is my first post. i filed my PR to buffalo visa office in apr 2011 and started processing my application on may 5 2011. i applied under fsw2 as system database analyst.
does anybody know if applications with arranged employment are processed faster.
my online status just shows received by visa office. i am waiting for further replies.
anybody that filed their application during that period and have got medicals please reply.
Unfortunately, FSW2 category applicants do not get any special preference. On the contrary, the application is subjected to additional scrutiny.

Mitali

edwin_joshy

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-APRIL-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted
AOR Received.
11-MAY-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
18-AUG-2011
Med's Request
23-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
31-DEC-2012 New born MR 08-MAR-2013
Interview........
21-JUNE-2012
Passport Req..
Medical results have been received on 29-JAN- 13
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2012
LANDED..........
00-00-2012
:)

Is there anyone who received Medicals from New Delhi during 06/2012, 07/2012....

Edwin

kscsk

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi kscsk,

In case of Mahek, she would qualify and she does not need 2yr Full time course to apply for CEC.

- a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or
equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada

Mitali
Check this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

Education
Education is only assessed if you are applying as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution.

If you want to apply based on your Canadian credentials, you must complete either:

•a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
•a one-year Master's program (certificates and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kscsk said:
Check this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

Education
Education is only assessed if you are applying as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution.

If you want to apply based on your Canadian credentials, you must complete either:

•a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
•a one-year Master's program (certificates and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).
Hi kscsk,

Mahek qualifies the minimum requirement. She has 1) Graduated from a Canadian University 2) She was a WORK EXPERIENCE of over a year.

Kscsk, what you are referring to is ONLY for Graduate students; and in their case 1) Two yr full time program - which can be a Masters program (1 yr) and an additional yr of education received in Canada (total 2 yrs) would be eligible. And these applicants would only be assessed by their Education. For these cases, WORK EXPERIENCE is not counted as they have none.

And Mahek has this WORK EXPERIENCE in addition to Degree from a Canadian University and thus she qualifies. She would be assessed by: Education + Work experience.

Hope its clear.

Mitali

kscsk

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi kscsk,

Mahek qualifies the minimum requirement. She has 1) Graduated from a Canadian University 2) She was a WORK EXPERIENCE of over a year.

Kscsk, what you are referring to is ONLY for Graduate students; and in their case 1) Two yr full time program - which can be a Masters program (1 yr) and an additional yr of education received in Canada (total 2 yrs) would be eligible. And these applicants would only be assessed by their Education. For these cases, WORK EXPERIENCE is not counted as they have none.

And Mahek has this WORK EXPERIENCE in addition to Degree from a Canadian University and thus she qualifies. She would be assessed by: Education + Work experience.

Hope its clear.

Mitali
Hi Mitali,

There are 2 ways one can qualify for CEC ( as of today )

1. 2 years study + 1 year Full time work experience.
2. 2years of Full time work experince.

What mahek would be qualify under is option 1. There is no way one can apply under CEC with 1 year study and 1 year work.

Hope this helps.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
kscsk said:
Hello,

It was a four year university degree.

Arta90

Nov 24, 2011
MI2 applicants , London Visa office , please join :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-mi2-26-june-201030-june-2011-applicant-only-london-visa-office-t112376.0.html