Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Congrats

9jcanada said:
Thanks mitali. Our ecas changed to Decision Made yesterday.
Still very angered by the unfair treatment of the Pre June applicants. It goes to show that we are nothing but numbers and papers in the hand of the almighty CIC. I pray that every one waiting for news get some good news very soon and all the best to everyone.

9j

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
I totally agree with satya.

It's better to purchase a place to live as soon as you get a job.
With the same rent amount you can pay your mortgage I came to know.
You can sell whenever you want at a later stage
At least you save money right?

mycan

satyasuman said:
1) Yep!! It could be 100 ~ 150$ difference.. But how about area(sq.ft)? For the same rent in mississauga, you will get a spacious apartment when compared to toronto.
2) Why would you travel if your job is in Mississauga and not in toronto. What if you live in toronto and finds a job in mississauga.. ;)
3) There are gurudwaras every where here.
4) 100~150/month difference is a month rent in 12 months. So, Its not a small amount. People here finds that as a deal..Meaning, living 12 months and getting 1 month free.. That is a deal too.. ;)

Thanks,
satya.

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
hariranjith said:
dear friends
just now i got a call from ndvo
my passports are ready and i can collect it any time
i jus can't believe got mapple leaf finally
regards
hariranjith
Congrats Hariranjit!!

BhaktiUjjwal said:
Heylo everybody,

Am going craaazyyyy to have just seen the second best sight ever... [size=10pt]Decision Made[/size]!!!!!!!!! 8)

It's been such a journey already and now another will soon start afresh!!! Am just so glad and want to thank every every every member out here... Can't wait to see the stamped PPs now - THE best sight!!! ;D ;D ;D

-BhaktiUjjwal

(PS: No Canadian address or the inner line as yet)
One of the most awaited new…. Congrats Guys!

kkr.2k6 said:
Dear forum members

WE GOT OUR PR VISA ON WEDNES DAY

thanks all the forum members for the help
Congrats KKr.2K6 !!

hussam723 said:
Dears,

yesterday i recieved my PPR..... :)

so i would like to thank every body on this thread with no exception. bcoz all of u with ur comments were my continous support. so thank u a million.

one more thing, i recieved PPR before this thread reached the page 4000 :D

thanks again,
hussam
Congrats Hussam !!

Sorry if I had missed some one... ;) best wishes to everyone !!!

I hope and wish Daash and Paramvir get their PPs back soon ! :)

@mycan will need your help soon.. will PM you in a day or two.... :)

Rgds

Sonir

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
9jcanada said:
Thanks mitali. Our ecas changed to Decision Made yesterday.
Still very angered by the unfair treatment of the Pre June applicants. It goes to show that we are nothing but numbers and papers in the hand of the almighty CIC. I pray that every one waiting for news get some good news very soon and all the best to everyone.

9j
Congrats Buddy!!

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
08/03/11 (PER - from CIC)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Score 8 bands
File Transfer...
07/04/11 (AOR - from VO), RBVO 04/04/11; IP 02/12/11
Med's Request
06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
sonir said:
One of the most awaited new.... Congrats Guys!

Rgds

Sonir
Thank you, Sonir!! :)

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
mycan said:
I totally agree with satya.

It's better to purchase a place to live as soon as you get a job.
With the same rent amount you can pay your mortgage I came to know.
You can sell whenever you want at a later stage
At least you save money right?

mycan
Agreed!! But, do little bit of research before investing on house. Last piece of land in Mississauga got sold out few months back.. So, be aware of things before investing. There are agents every where to help you if you want to buy house.

Thanks,
satya.

AATIFA

Feb 16, 2012
MY landing Experience in Canada

My landing Experience at AirPort
Everyone has their own landing experience in Canada & I read many people on Canada immigration forum post their well landing Experience. But, unfortunately my landing experience is completely different from other landing experience. Let me tell you what happened to me when I arrived at Calgary International Airport at 3:30 P.M and then went to immigration counter for formalities as PR card but the lady was over there she was very rude in her behaviour and screaming lot upon immigrant people as well i was praying to almighty she would not come as my immigration officer and whatever prayed happens against it she called me and she has taken my interview regarding job as what is your NOC code, who is your employer, what is Fsw1 there are so many question regarding my job. I answered all well all her question then she stamped upon my passport and landing form said your all formality is over and hand back to my landing documents and when i got it in my hand i saw it was incomplete as she has not written manually my landing place as well PR landing date so, i asked her to complete my form instead of complete it she humiliated me and ordered me to get out from here and said me she has done all formalities regarding my landing documents. Next day when i went for my SIN Card they saw my documents and said me your landing document is incomplete so you have to go immigration for completion. Let me tell what happened next i went to again immigration officer told me to go back to Airport for completion of my formality. Again i had to go Airport for completion of my form. This way i suffered due to incompletion of my landing paper.

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
AATIFA said:

Everyone has their own landing experience in Canada & I read many people on Canada immigration forum post their well landing Experience. But, unfortunately my landing experience is completely different from other landing experience. Let me tell you what happened to me when I arrived at Calgary International Airport at 3:30 P.M and then went to immigration counter for formalities as PR card but the lady was over there she was very rude in her behaviour and screaming lot upon immigrant people as well i was praying to almighty she would not come as my immigration officer and whatever prayed happens against it she called me and she has taken my interview regarding job as what is your NOC code, who is your employer, what is Fsw1 there are so many question regarding my job. I answered all well all her question then she stamped upon my passport and landing form said your all formality is over and hand back to my landing documents and when i got it in my hand i saw it was incomplete as she has not written manually my landing place as well PR landing date so, i asked her to complete my form instead of complete it she humiliated me and ordered me to get out from here and said me she has done all formalities regarding my landing documents. Next day when i went for my SIN Card they saw my documents and said me your landing document is incomplete so you have to go immigration for completion. Let me tell what happened next i went to again immigration officer told me to go back to Airport for completion of my formality. Again i had to go Airport for completion of my form. This way i suffered due to incompletion of my landing paper.
Sad to see that your day wasn't good as expected. But, Its ok. Let it go and look forward for future in canada.

Thanks,
satya.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
AATIFA: Reading of your harrowing landing and the rudeness/incompetence you experienced from the Immigration Officer, I would have no hesitation to report her behaviour. Hopefully you have her name or identification number. She should not be doing a job like hers if she is treating people that way.

BUYING A HOUSE: Yes, paying off your mortgage instead of putting money into rent makes a lot of sense if you have a good downpayment saved. Beware of borrowing rates. Canada has been in a period of low interest rates and they are on the rise. Be sure that your income is sufficient to cover your mortgage if interest rates go up by the time you have to renew your loan. A lot of people were caught out this way in the US and lost their homes.

Daash

Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th feb 2011
AOR Received.
20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
AATIFA said:

Preposterous..........the officer should be sacked...........i hope things are fine now..............all the best

Daash

Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th feb 2011
AOR Received.
20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
sonir said:
Congrats Hariranjit!!

Congrats KKr.2K6 !!

Congrats Hussam !!

@ mycan will need your help soon.. will PM you in a ... day or two.... :)

Rgds

Sonir
I wish so buddy ...... thanks

pinakini2006

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
IELTS Request
sent with the initial application
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-10-2011
Med's Done....
04-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
as per the astrological predictions, April 2012....
AATIFA said:

Hey Aatifa!

It is a depressing and demoralising experience you have faced unfortunately. But there should be a way new immigrants can protest such treatment.

Seniors please suggest some ways discrimination of different kinds can be reported. I have had a similar experience while landing in the US but it was a mistake in I94 and the error was made to look so minuscule that the negligence of the immigration officer had to be borne in silence. This subtle discriminating behavior had caused us much inconvenience.

May the almighty bless all human beings with tolerance and kindness.

Aatifa, I wish you a pleasant life ahead in Canada and may this experience be the last of its kind. :)

Thanks & Regards,
Pinakini.

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
08/03/11 (PER - from CIC)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Score 8 bands
File Transfer...
07/04/11 (AOR - from VO), RBVO 04/04/11; IP 02/12/11
Med's Request
06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
AATIFA said:

Too bad to start like that with!! :mad: Thanks for sharing!!

Nevertheless, wishing you smoothness for all other things ahead :)

hussam723

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-1-2011
AOR Received.
16-3-2011, 2 AOR 27-4-2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
4-4-2011
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
31-10-2011, Received 7-11-2011, ecas 16-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
sonir said:
Congrats Hariranjit!!

Congrats KKr.2K6 !!

Congrats Hussam !!

@ mycan will need your help soon.. will PM you in a day or two.... :)

Rgds

Sonir
Thank you Sonir for the wishes.... :)

Hussam

R

RKC

AATIFA said:

Hi Aatifa,

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant landing experience.

But, you have as much right as immigration officer after the PR. You should have given her a piece of your mind. No one is lesser being. I don't see any reason to take humiliation from anyone.

Good Luck!