+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

C

Cam1234

canada0801 said:
Why are they trying so hard at being such ignoramuses?
What about simple courtesy of notifying a customer that his app is or is not being processed, will or will not be denied, will or will not be refunded?
I mean why not give people a due update, what is so good for them about pissing off so many people?
Do these idiots really believe that we will appreciate it more if they artificially make it a hell before applicants get through (as the psychological text-book writers teach in schools)?
Or is it just a sheer incompetence and impudence and gross abuse that spreads like epidemics all over the world? I don't get it.

I wish you best of the luck. I think , being from US, we may fare better if we actually migrate to third world countries or even developing Asian countries. I would recommend you the same. If you can get a job in US company and be accredited overseas in one of Asian countries take it as an opportunity.
If you go there with US company they will look upon you as if you landed from outside of Milky Way galaxy and generally treat you like a royalty. That's what I would be looking for now if I were you - to get a job with Western company and be accredited in a developing Asian country.

Go against the tide.

See all these people go to Canada - it's already a very bad sign. What becomes a tide that TOO MANY FOLLOW is already getting ruined (due to overflow).

No doubt they look upon all newcomers in Canada as herds of cattle or so many Helots and they treat us accordingly.

Anyway, I wish you good luck, Cam!
Look in new directions, I certainly will.

Take care.

Canada0801 wrote:

"Do these idiots really believe that we will appreciate it more if they artificially make it a hell before applicants get through"

I think they are acting in the best interest of Canada, with complete disregard to what we go through or feel. Some of us, including myself, expected they show a moral responsibility, or exhibit some form of common courtesy, as to what happens to us. But that does not exist, and it is a wake up call for us who put them on such a high pedestal.

As I previously said, best of luck to those whose applications are moving forward. I hope you find everything you are looking for in your new homeland. I have already started moving on with my life and am not waiting desperately at the door any longer.

Best of luck to you as well,
Cam

can-vishal

Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
26-06-2011
Interview........
10-04-2013
what is MI1 MI2 MI3
and anyone one can tell me tht under which MI category do i fall

edwin_joshy

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-APRIL-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted
AOR Received.
11-MAY-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
18-AUG-2011
Med's Request
23-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
31-DEC-2012 New born MR 08-MAR-2013
Interview........
21-JUNE-2012
Passport Req..
Medical results have been received on 29-JAN- 13
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2012
LANDED..........
00-00-2012
can-vishal said:
what is MI1 MI2 MI3
and anyone one can tell me tht under which MI category do i fall
Hi Vishal

MI stands for Ministerial Instructions

MI1 issued on November 29, 2008
MI2 issued on June 26, 2010 (Max 1000 application for each profession, Period from 26-June 2010 to 30 June 2011)
MI3 issued on July 1, 2011 (Max 500 application for each profession Period from 01-July 2011 to 30 June 2012)

As your application reached central intake office on 15/04/2011 you belong to MI2

for more info refer to CIC website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

Edwin

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cam1234 said:
Canada0801 wrote:

"Do these idiots really believe that we will appreciate it more if they artificially make it a hell before applicants get through"

I think they are acting in the best interest of Canada, with complete disregard to what we go through or feel. Some of us, including myself, expected they show a moral responsibility, or exhibit some form of common courtesy, as to what happens to us. But that does not exist, and it is a wake up call for us who put them on such a high pedestal.

As I previously said, best of luck to those whose applications are moving forward. I hope you find everything you are looking for in your new homeland. I have already started moving on with my life and am not waiting desperately at the door any longer.

Best of luck to you as well,
Cam
Cam,

How is it serving best interests of Canada to treat future Canadians as a herd of cattle?
No matter what, over 200 thousands accepted per year (that's over 1 million every 5 years), how is it serving Canada to make these people resentful of Canada even before stepping a foot in Canada?

Had Canada never accepted over 200 applications that it will refund, who would complain?

Had Canada set quotes under it's processing capabilities and timely process all applicants (while serving best interests of Canada!) who would have grounds to disagree?

But they did none. They took huge number applications while incapable of processing those, on top of that they just throw people's paperwork in a bin and play lottery by randomly pulling one or another app for processing. How much more crooked it can get? Since when crooked and inept practices advertised to the whole world serve best interests of Canada?

C

Cam1234

canada0801 said:
Cam,

How is it serving best interests of Canada to treat future Canadians as a herd of cattle?
This is just my opinion, but I think those who get through are so elated and thankful that they forget and forgive how they were treated... and I don't blame them, not everybody has the luxury of you and I to already be living in a great country, USA.

As for them using a random system to process some and not others, I don't think so. I believe applicants who are processed are young and their current work experience indicates to CIC that those people will immediately find jobs. I think there is a reason why some are not processed quickly or not at all. In my case for example the problem is age, they rather have a younger applicant and so forth.

The unfairness comes in because they asked applicants to meet a list of qualifications, and if they passed they should get their PR visa, that is why I applied. BUT there is a secondary list of qualifications known to only the officers processing our applications that makes some go through fast, slow, and not at all. That is VERY unfair and unjust, especially when you have taken people's money.

Unfortunately nothing can be done about all this, we are only getting ourselves upset for nothing.
Cam

CanadaDo

May 28, 2012
canada0801 said:
HI Cam,

Any updates on your app?

I start to think that we have it better here in States than in Canada. Even if those lazy-do-nothings at New York office mail the letter one day and it happens to be PPR and we all get stamped Visas, I no longer think I would ever permanently move there after all that I see they subject people to.
We have it better in US now, at least you can schedule an INFOPASS and go ask the officer what's going on. I don't know of any US embassy that hires guards to throw off any visitor , anyone can schedule an appointment, visit , go ask questions, some even have libraries and TOEFL centers for students to learn language before going to America.

We have sent them 9 inquiries and zero responses so far, what is this?!

Screw it and screw their PR program, at least we can vent here and warn others of what this Canada is all about. This forum is busy, if enough of people complained and some media outlets took a look may be some negative publicity would bring them arrogant NY Gen. Consulate office employees to senses.
Who do they think they are anyway?
Screw it, this is worse than I would ever imagine.
I remember Wayne was thrashing the CIC and I was defending latter back in 2010, but today 2012 and i SEE how they treat people all over this forum and I am already fed up with what I see.
I worked in the US and now in Canada (for considerable amount of time). Came to Canada on an inter-company transfer. Decided for some personal reasons to seek a PR in Canada- now stuck in Buffalo!

But people who want to move to Canada from the US, and have non-north-american credentials and experience and looks (say visible minority), accents etc. may do well to be aware of the following:

Employees in the US are far far ahead in accepting foreign (and foreign looking) co-workers. They used to very competent foreign workers. More chances of foreign workers being considered for higher responsibilities. Even in situations where they are not used to foreign co-workers, the laws (and the way it is applied- oh boy, you get sued left right center) insulates foreign workers from bad experiences. This factor is near absent in Canada and you can run into bad atmosphere. Local Canadian employees are relatively less exposed to competent foreign workers, esp. in high tech fields.

US Companies are more ready to accept foreign credentials and even experience.

Which you choose all depends on personal situations.
This I mention as a purely professional reality. Again Canada has its advantages and one has to weigh one’s situation. But I find too many people who have landed up here to find the reality to be different from the image they had coming in.

The crazy world of immigration:

I know of professionals who moved to Canada based on their experience in oil industry say in Arabian countries. They have to take lower positions in Canadian companies for the above reasons. But once they get the Canadian passport they move back to same countries they came from(with work visas), and they end-up with better positions and more earnings! Now they are considered Canadian citizens and they have western business/ industrial experience! Now how about that!!!!

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
08/03/11 (PER - from CIC)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Score 8 bands
File Transfer...
07/04/11 (AOR - from VO), RBVO 04/04/11; IP 02/12/11
Med's Request
06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
satyasuman said:
Hello All,

We received the MR along with RPRF today. As some one said earlier, It didnt take 2 weeks to reach my home. But, I found some discrepancy in the link provided for RPRF.

Question:
Link provided to me in the letter is www.cacainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf

But, there is no such link. The link I found out is.

www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf

I am little concerned about this. Should I check with NYVO again? Or is this OK?

Thanks,
satya.
Congratulations, Satya!!!! Best wishes ahead too! :)

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cam1234 said:

Unfortunately nothing can be done about all this, we are only getting ourselves upset for nothing.
Cam
Mancilla posted a good quote about it on parallel thread.

Anyway, I was browsing collection of your posts (back to page 58, up to your fist post) and saw how hard you tried, then CC didn't go through because someone punched 9 instead of 10 for expiration date and so on. It's sad. One can see an applicant, full of hopes and thinking he or she is going towards certain goal, with so much invested , not just money but emotionally and all the stress... And as of today, almost two years after you applied, they didn't even bother to send you an AOR :-X

It is unacceptable that they put people through this. They better set a quota of 100 apps per year and processed it all in reasonable time frame than accept quarter million apps and drag it on for years to finally refund or, as is the case with you, give a false hope to take all you invested in it and never touch your file again.

I was luckier than you, went all the way to MR but still it is awfully wrong that they did this to us and I feel being one of those who , although to a lesser degree, got burnt by this irresponsible, lazy and inept NYVO office.

Notice how I held my patience. When Wayne was raging about CIC not sending AOR I was reprimanding him for not giving them due time to do their job and for not being grateful for their willingness accept us.
That was in 2010 and early 2011, months after mailing MI2 apps.

Today it's been over 2 years since MI2 started and they started it on premises of cutting processing time to under 12 months as opposed to years of processing of older apps, where is the promised result?
All lies! And I can vent and not hold back now because I have been patient and spoke none when other complained , but enough is enough and everything has its' limits.
I can't imagine how it must have felt for those who applied in 2004 and just got an "update" that they will get their refunds sometime in future......
WRONG!!!WRONG !!!! WRONG!!! UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!

Anyway... I will go and do something productive now, there is nothing positive to be expected here and NYVO can kiss my they know what and shove their PR they know where.

Take care, Cam and all the best to you.

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
BhaktiUjjwal said:
Congratulations, Satya!!!! Best wishes ahead too! :)
Thanks your wishes bhakthi!!

Satya.

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
gskahlon79.backup1 said:
congrats satya on your medicals. I filed my PR in apr 2011 just 4 months ahead of you. my status still shows RBVO.

take care
gurjeet
Hi Gurjeet,

May be in another few days, You may hear about MR as well.. Keep watching. :) Thanks for the wishes!!

Thanks,
satya.

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
We got our medicals done in advance today. Hoping for some news from Ottawa in next 2 months.

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
sainswapna said:
We got our medicals done in advance today. Hoping for some news from Ottawa in next 2 months.
I wish you all the best.

Thanks,
satya.

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Thanks and all the best to you.

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
sainswapna said:
Did you get any hint from Ottawa or other VO regarding your 2 months expectation and having medicals done in advance? Just curious though!