Aug 9, 2010 received in sydney, NS
Doc's Request.
filed with application... document request for spouse in January 2011
IELTS Request
filed with application
File Transfer...
29 Nov 2010
Med's Request
29 June 2011. CANADA POST took 22 days deliver this mail.
Med's Done....
26 July 2011 - Principal Applicant, 02 Sept 2011 - Spouse and baby
Interview........
waived!!!!
Passport Req..
Received
LANDED..........
lives in the capital city of Canada... Ottawa, Ontario for last 4 years
montu said:
DEAR FRIENDS,

I am going to my home town today -chandigarh(punjab) for 3 days and wish to get the letter of authentication from D/L authorities there in chd as i hold indian D/l for last 10yrs.my quest is-

will that help in canada as india is rt hand driving
from where and how to get that in chandigarh..

thanks..
Yes you can easily get a license in Ontario.

please read this

Requirements for all Out of Country driver's licence applicants:

All applicants must declare their driving experience on the driver's licence application form.
All applicants for an Ontario driver's licence at the time of application are required to;
present a valid foreign driver's licence (if it is not in English or French, it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator)
present written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner’s office representing the jurisdiction, in order to get credit for their driving experience.
pass a vision test and a written knowledge test regarding Ontario's traffic rules
pay all applicable fees
Provide acceptable proof of identity.

PLEASE NOTE:

An applicant who applies for an Ontario driver’s licence and only presents a valid out-of-country driver’s licence (if it is not in English or French must be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator) may declare up to a maximum of 12 months of driving experience.

An applicant who:

applies for an Ontario driver’s licence without presenting a valid out-of-country driver’s licence and a translation of that licence into English or French (if required), AND
did not declare his/her driving experience at the time of application, AND
obtains a G1 licence

will not be eligible to return at a later date to be credited with any driving experience either by self-declaring or by presenting an authentication document. These applicants will be required to serve all GLS (Graduated Licensing System) mandatory wait periods.

Applicants who fulfill these requirements may obtain a G1 licence - This policy only applies to applicants for Class G licenses.

Length of Experience:

Applicants declaring less than 12 months driving experience within the preceding three years:

The ministry will recognize the amount of driving experience declared on the driver's licence application.
Applicants must have 12 months driving experience before attempting the G2 road test.
If an applicant successfully completes a ministry-approved Beginner Driver Education course, the mandatory waiting time, prior to taking the G2 road test, will be reduced from 12 to 8 months.
The 8-12 months may be a combination of driving experience in the foreign jurisdiction and experience in Ontario.

Applicants declaring more than 12 months driving experience but less than 24 months within the preceding three years:

The ministry will recognize the amount of driving experience declared on the driver's licence application.
Applicants declaring more than 12 months driving experience but less than 24 months within the preceding three years will receive 12 months driving experience and may proceed to take the G2 road test without having to fulfill the mandatory 12-month G1 wait period.
If the applicant passes the G2 road test, they will be issued a G2 licence and will not be subject to the six restrictions of the G1 licence, including the requirement to have a fully licensed driver accompany them in the vehicle and prohibition from driving on 400-series expressways.
To obtain recognition for more than 12 months driving experience, applicants are required to obtain written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioners' offices representing the jurisdiction. The authentication letter must be on official letterhead and be written in either English or French. The letter of authentication must be dated within six months preceding the date of application for an Ontario driver's licence. If the Authentication Letter is in a language other than English or French, it must be accompanied by a Letter of Translation from a qualified translator.
The ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter.
Recognized driving experience will be applied towards the G2 12-month waiting period prior to taking the G road test.
If applicants do not provide a letter of authentication, applicants must fulfill the 12-month mandatory waiting period prior to taking the G road test.

Applicants declaring a minimum of 24 months driving experience within the preceding three years:

To obtain recognition for more than 12 months driving experience, applicants are required to obtain written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioners' offices representing the jurisdiction. The authentication letter must be on official letterhead and be written in either English or French. It must be dated and cannot be more than 6 months old. If the Authentication Letter is in a language other than English or French, it must be accompanied by a Letter of Translation from a qualified translator.
The ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter.
Applicants have the option of attempting either the G2 or G exit road tests (mandatory wait times are waived) when a valid "Letter of Authentication" indicating a minimum of 24 months of foreign driving experience is submitted.
If the applicant chooses to attempt the G2 road test and successfully completes it, the applicant will then be eligible to attempt the G road test.
Upon successfully passing the G exit road test, applicants will be issued a G licence.
If applicants do not provide a letter of authentication, applicants must pass the G2 road test and must fulfill the 12-month waiting period prior to taking G road test.

For acceptable Identification , please refer to the section on "How to Apply for a Driver’s License in Ontario".

entemaria

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
entemaria said:
Yes you can easily get a license in Ontario.

please read this

Requirements for all Out of Country driver's licence applicants:

All applicants must declare their driving experience on the driver's licence application form.
All applicants for an Ontario driver's licence at the time of application are required to;
present a valid foreign driver's licence (if it is not in English or French, it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator)
present written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner's office representing the jurisdiction, in order to get credit for their driving experience.
pass a vision test and a written knowledge test regarding Ontario's traffic rules
pay all applicable fees
Provide acceptable proof of identity.

PLEASE NOTE:

An applicant who applies for an Ontario driver's licence and only presents a valid out-of-country driver's licence (if it is not in English or French must be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator) may declare up to a maximum of 12 months of driving experience.

An applicant who:

applies for an Ontario driver's licence without presenting a valid out-of-country driver's licence and a translation of that licence into English or French (if required), AND
did not declare his/her driving experience at the time of application, AND
obtains a G1 licence

will not be eligible to return at a later date to be credited with any driving experience either by self-declaring or by presenting an authentication document. These applicants will be required to serve all GLS (Graduated Licensing System) mandatory wait periods.

Applicants who fulfill these requirements may obtain a G1 licence - This policy only applies to applicants for Class G licenses.

Length of Experience:

Applicants declaring less than 12 months driving experience within the preceding three years:

Applicants must have 12 months driving experience before attempting the G2 road test.
If an applicant successfully completes a ministry-approved Beginner Driver Education course, the mandatory waiting time, prior to taking the G2 road test, will be reduced from 12 to 8 months.
The 8-12 months may be a combination of driving experience in the foreign jurisdiction and experience in Ontario.

Applicants declaring more than 12 months driving experience but less than 24 months within the preceding three years:

Applicants declaring more than 12 months driving experience but less than 24 months within the preceding three years will receive 12 months driving experience and may proceed to take the G2 road test without having to fulfill the mandatory 12-month G1 wait period.
If the applicant passes the G2 road test, they will be issued a G2 licence and will not be subject to the six restrictions of the G1 licence, including the requirement to have a fully licensed driver accompany them in the vehicle and prohibition from driving on 400-series expressways.
To obtain recognition for more than 12 months driving experience, applicants are required to obtain written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioners' offices representing the jurisdiction. The authentication letter must be on official letterhead and be written in either English or French. The letter of authentication must be dated within six months preceding the date of application for an Ontario driver's licence. If the Authentication Letter is in a language other than English or French, it must be accompanied by a Letter of Translation from a qualified translator.
Recognized driving experience will be applied towards the G2 12-month waiting period prior to taking the G road test.
If applicants do not provide a letter of authentication, applicants must fulfill the 12-month mandatory waiting period prior to taking the G road test.

Applicants declaring a minimum of 24 months driving experience within the preceding three years:

To obtain recognition for more than 12 months driving experience, applicants are required to obtain written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioners' offices representing the jurisdiction. The authentication letter must be on official letterhead and be written in either English or French. It must be dated and cannot be more than 6 months old. If the Authentication Letter is in a language other than English or French, it must be accompanied by a Letter of Translation from a qualified translator.
Applicants have the option of attempting either the G2 or G exit road tests (mandatory wait times are waived) when a valid "Letter of Authentication" indicating a minimum of 24 months of foreign driving experience is submitted.
If the applicant chooses to attempt the G2 road test and successfully completes it, the applicant will then be eligible to attempt the G road test.
Upon successfully passing the G exit road test, applicants will be issued a G licence.
If applicants do not provide a letter of authentication, applicants must pass the G2 road test and must fulfill the 12-month waiting period prior to taking G road test.

For acceptable Identification , please refer to the section on "How to Apply for a Driver's License in Ontario".

entemaria

THANKS MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
heatspine said:
Goodluck! Always hope for the best! It's also prudent to invest in learning prior to landing. So try to browse information site that will help you settle in the eventuality that your visa arrives. the arrival of the visa is only the halfway mark and the things that you will do here in Canada will be the other half. so get equipped. read the cic site. read the information sites such as the Migrate to Canada. You'll never get wrong with that.
Thank you heatspine... 8)

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
be positive.....keep checking eCAS......have patience

-------------frustration continues------------>>>>

toothfairy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2011
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
16-5-2011
File Transfer...
17-6-2011 then In Process on 24-8-2011
Med's Request
5-9-2011
Med's Done....
October 6,2011, Medical results received appear on ecas- Nov.16,2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 22,11... Decision Made- November 25,11
mani5553 said:
Admins,
Please update the information in tracker for toothfairy.

Congrats toothfairy :)
Thanks Manii!!!

Regards
Manpreet

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Shalom1 said:
Did anybody see my address? Its been missing from my E-cas close to 2 weeks.
London VO, pls send my PPR.
Congrats to those with progress in their applications.
Yes. I saw it at Covent Garden.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
canadestin said:
be positive.....keep checking eCAS......have patience
_____________ frustration continues___________
Advance123 said:
LOL ...you guys rock

Cheers, aNil

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Shalom1 said:
Did anybody see my address? Its been missing from my E-cas close to 2 weeks.
London VO, pls send my PPR.
Congrats to those with progress in their applications.
Advance123 said:
lol :D
Mine has been missing for that same amount of time too.
I suppose I should come over and look for it there as well :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
BREAKING NEWS
Today I got Medical Request by email :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dear admin , please up date me
;) ;) ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

My address disappear 28th Aug and haven't back yet :) :)

rupesh nayak

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013 Medical result recieved line add in status on 27-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-01-2014 Submitted to NDVO 06-02-2014 Recieved by NDVO 07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 recieved passport on 22-02-2014
nazafarin said:
BREAKING NEWS

many many congratulation for getting your medical

best of luck for your medical

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Advance123 said:
spokes said:
lol :D
Mine has been missing for that same amount of time too.
I suppose I should come over and look for it there as well :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D
Im glad someone has seen it! And good to know that its in Covent Garden. At least London VO is close to Covent Garden.
Then I am hopeful of getting good news this week.
I will shout for joy very soon.

Shalom

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
nazafarin said:
BREAKING NEWS

Congrats!

kittu

Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2011, received by CIC 10-03-11
Doc's Request.
sent with app.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 28/04/2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
Awaited
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 2011, submitted finally on 20 Dec 11
VISA ISSUED...
29 March 2012
LANDED..........
will land soon
nazafarin said:
BREAKING NEWS

Congrats nazafarin,

Thanks

Kittu

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
mani5553 said:
Mine is missing too, since 28th August. I guess your PPR and my DM status on eCAS is on cards pretty soon. ;D

Lets hope for the best :)

Regards
Manpreet
Thanks. Nazafarin just got MR and his/her address disappeared same period as ours.
I am hopeful that some good news will come our way very soon.

Best wishes.
Shalom