Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Shalom1 said:
Update:
My baby's medical and wife's X-ray were done yesterday.
The DMP promised to send them to London VO as soon as the X-ray is out.
Hopefully, London VO should receive them this week.
I will then wait for the glorious email for passport request.

Shalom
Congrats, Shalom.
You are almost there ;)

And Congrats to all with good news.
I am still RBVO; can you guys believe it ???
Incredible :(

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
andregabriel said:
Hi all! I received my medical request today! so happy !!!! Plus police clearance,PRF,proof of fund

Congrats on this wonderful news

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
andregabriel said:
Hi all! I received my medical request today! so happy !!!! Plus police clearance,PRF,proof of fund

Congrats dear,

What is your VO?

Param

vinod bhugra

Star Member
May 3, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-feb-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
14-04-11
Med's Request
20TH AUG 2012
Med's Done....
30TH AUG 2012
Interview........
waived
Hello mitali
thanks very much for ur reply

what do u think ?
when my case status change in to in process????

vinod
mitali said:
Hi Vinod,

AS per the current trend (on this forum), applicants are getting their visa's within a year (average times)....so you are within the time frame to receive your visa by Feb 2012 (if everything is ok).

Just for your information, if you decide to move back to India, you will not be able to change your VO from London to India. That is absolutely not possible. You will definitely have to inform your VO about the change of address but request for change of VO will not be entertained.

Transfer of file from one VO to another is done only under the circumstance and benefit of "System Integrity" wherein if VO wants certain aspects of the file to be investigated at the local VO of the applicant.

Before you make the move from London to India, be aware that you will not be able to mail your passports to London VO for stamping as it is illegal to send PP outside India. You may either have to go to London in person or use the good help of a friend/family member to carry your passport with an authorization letter.

Mitali

NB: After having read Candestin's post below (#42538), I would like to add that VO WILL NOT MAIL THE PP's OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY, IN THIS CASE LONDON. VO will need an address in London to mail out the PPs.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadestin said:
nothing to worry man.....if u come back to India just inform to London VO about it.

Passports can be sent to London VO from India Provided u accompany the PP with PPrequest letter sent by London VO.

Suppose u hire a Canadian Lawyer .....he/she will ask you to send PP to them in Canada.. .....so that they will forward it it the respective VO and in return the PP is sent to the Lawyer in Canada.

PP can be sent out of India as long as u have valid reason.

Inian PP should be in possesion of the holder whereever he/she is. And London VO serves for Saudi Arabia Applicants whether they are citizens or residents. An Indian Resident in Saudi has to send PP to London when requested.

My bro hired a Canadian Lawyer when he was in Saudi and when he was asked to submit PP by London VO, he sent the PP to Canada n then the Lawyer sent the PP to London VO for stamping.
Candestin,

Please try to understand the situation:

1. First of all IT IS ILLEGAL to send or receive passports to or from INDIA (Indian Passport Act 1967 and Law passed in 2004).
2. Are you sure that Vinod has a lawyer for his case?
3. PP can be send from Saudi to London for an Indian National but NOT from India to London and vice a versa. Please don't give irrelevant examples to fortify your suggestion. Please Don't confuse yourself and others.....my earnest request.
4. London VO is NOT going to mail out the PP out of London to INDIA.

Candestin, you are clearly not aware of Indian laws on the subject of PP being send/received and are instigating other to follow something UNLAWFUL.

I am just posting some results (there are tons of results) from GOOGLE search for your study:

http://mail.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/515742213/passport-courier-from-india/page/last_page

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/family-class/705088433/sending-passport-to-india-from-canada

And I am going to give you a -1 for the wrong information that you are circulating without any basis or proper research and for your unnecessary haughtiness about presenting your suggestion.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinod bhugra said:
Hello mitali
thanks very much for ur reply

what do u think ?
when my case status change in to in process????

vinod
Hi Vinod,

My friend, you still have a long way to go....currently all the Jan/Feb 2011 applicants (also some previous applicants) are praying to see a change in their status from RBVO to In Process. So wait patiently and follow the trend on this thread to get an idea.

Goodluck to you.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Candestin,

If you a holder of an Indian passport please read the last but one page of your passport.

For the sake of sharing I am typing the Information:

CAUTION

2nd para:

"Passport should not be sent out of ANY COUNTRY by post. It should be in the custody of either of the holder or of a person authorized by the holder. It must not be altered or mutilated in any way."

I don't think London VO or for that matter any country will DARE to send out Indian passport out of country when such a LAW is in Place.

Thanks.

Mitali

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://mail.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/515742213/passport-courier-from-india/page/last_page

Posted by rajmalhotra7 (189) 13 Apr 2010
to harbi:

Laws requiring mailing passport outside India have come across few changes in the last 6 years.

I got my immigrant visa stamped in 2004 from Canadian Consulate General Seattle, USA and I was living in India. I was asked by my lawyer/consultant in USA to send my passport to him so that he can send it to Consulate in Seattle for immigrant visa stamping or I can choose to appear in-person at Consulate in Seattle for stamping. I did not have a US visa at that time, so I wanted to send my passport by courier.

I went to a DHL regional office in New Delhi and was told that I can send my passport (Export) out of India legally and commercially through courier or regular mail as per Indian Law. However, according to US law, If I am sending my passport to a personal address in USA (my lawyer's address), US customs can withheld my passport for 2-3 months on security grounds and screening. Also, instead of sending my passport to my lawyer, If I send my passport directly to Canadian Consulate General, Seattle my passport will be deliverd in regular time of 4-5 days without any delay at US Customs.

Now the catch-22, according to Indian Law in 2004, I could not import (commercially through courier or mail) my own passport from USA or any other country even if the passport was directly sent by any Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate. I found it contradictory that as per Indian Law I can send my passport out of India commercially but can not get it back.

I sent my passport by DHL Courier directly to Consulate in Seattle and requested them to return my passport after stamping to my lawyer in USA. Later on, one of my friend got my passport back with him to India.

yes Vinod regarding London VO to send PP to India ...i should say if u change your mailing address they may send or U need to give London address for delivery.

Regarding sending PP from INDIA u can see the above in BOLD

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my bro in law's lawyer was Campbel Cohen (This forum website owner) and Bro lawyer was. and in both cases the PP was sent to Canada from Saudi and from Canada to London for stamping and returned Vice Versa.

Doesnt the Law apply to INDIAN nationals who send PP from Saudi to Canada? and is the law different if we send PP to a LAWYER of any other country?....think...and if it differs then it shud differ for Immigration purpose too.
I know there is a Law regarding sending and receiving PP....but it is permissible if u have a valid reason specially in case like IMMIGRATION.

and u can ask this forum website owner/Lawyer regarding this. He has clients from India and they do send him PP.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadestin said:
--------Discussion Over-----------
1. It seems that in your case -" If its not my way then highway".

canadestin said:
I know there is a Law regarding sending and receiving PP....but it is permissible if u have a valid reason specially in case like IMMIGRATION.
2. valid reason specially in case like IMMIGRATIONDoes the law discuss about "permissibly" under special circumstances? I would like to know for my own understanding and correct myself....any reference would be highly appreciated.

canadestin said:
yes Vinod regarding London VO to send PP to India ...i should say if u change your mailing address they may send or U need to give London address for delivery.
3. I am happy that you were able to do some research and correct your previous suggestion.

4. I truly have no idea how the PP's were acquired by Cohen lawyers (despite the Law) in your BIL's case...so can not comment on this.

Mitali

MiTSch

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
Belgrade, Serbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.2011. - received by CIO on 11.02.2011.
Doc's Request.
10.08.2011. - received by VO Vienna on 07.09.2011.
AOR Received.
PER 20.06.2011.
IELTS Request
Submitted with the initial application
File Transfer...
In process from 13.07.2011.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
25.08.2011. - received by VO London 07.09.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
CONGRATULATIONS to all of you holding Canadian visas in you hand :)
And to all the other members with some good news/progress during last couple of days :)

As for us - dear Moderators,
kindly update our data in the spreadsheet:

MR received today (letter dated 10.08.2011.) along with some documents request :)
We were given 60 days to send everything.

Best wishes,
MiTSch

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAUTION

2nd para:

"Passport should not be sent out of ANY COUNTRY by post. It should be in the custody of either of the holder or of a person authorized by the holder. It must not be altered or mutilated in any way."

When you give authorization letter to courier people...they attach the letter to PP and they carry it for delivery from courier office to airport and then to country. So this itself proves that it is permissible and all one needs is authorization letter from the PP holder.

And if any one has doubt just ask Campbel Cohen Regarding this.... If it was not permissible then he would never have clients from INDIA.

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"good help of a friend/family member to carry your passport with an authorization letter."

when a good friend can carry a PP of others with Authorization Letter..why not a courier Person?

ITS NOT FRIEND WHAT THE LAW SEES...its the Authorization Letter.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
theshivster said:
Anyone from London VO get any movement lately?
London VO is on vacation.