+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application withdrawal and reapplying

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have previously widrew my PR application and received confirmation after 1 month.

I realized that I didnt include the 2 work experiences on my SP and WP but I have claimed pts for that.

I know that I have to declare and include that on my future applications but I dont want to claim points for those 2. I will just claim points for my Canadian work experience

Will there be any problem doing that?

Thanks
You are asking in a discussion of family sponsorship. There is NO real problem for PR/citizen to apply to sponsor their family and withdraw then reapply.
I don't think you are applying to sponsor your family, so I don't have an answer to your question.

OtbOpt

Jan 15, 2024
I am sorry to bring this topic back.

I have a concern. My wife and I applied for PR through the home childcare route in January 2023, however we got ITA in December 2023.

We did not fill our entire work experience in the Home child care route application because the form had limited spaces, however, we have now withdrawn the application and also gotten confirmation of withdrawal and we are about to submit our new application for the ITA we got.

We have included all the experience in our personal history to the smallest details, all the entries in the Home child care application are also included in our personal history in this new application.

My question is will our withdrawn application have an effect on this application?
Can it be seen as misrepresentation since we withdrew the application?
What are the potential consequences?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am sorry to bring this topic back.

I have a concern. My wife and I applied for PR through the home childcare route in January 2023, however we got ITA in December 2023.

We did not fill our entire work experience in the Home child care route application because the form had limited spaces, however, we have now withdrawn the application and also gotten confirmation of withdrawal and we are about to submit our new application for the ITA we got.

We have included all the experience in our personal history to the smallest details, all the entries in the Home child care application are also included in our personal history in this new application.

My question is will our withdrawn application have an effect on this application?
Can it be seen as misrepresentation since we withdrew the application?
What are the potential consequences?
NO idea on how Home child care applications are being processed. Some of them have limited number of applications that they accept every year.
You may get better answer if you post under that section of the forum. In general, if you found a mistake before IRCC started to process (or that part of the process) of your application, you can send a webform to correct part of the forms. Again, not sure about HCC. This is for sure NOT a family class application.

OtbOpt

Jan 15, 2024
NO idea on how Home child care applications are being processed. Some of them have limited number of applications that they accept every year.
You may get better answer if you post under that section of the forum. In general, if you found a mistake before IRCC started to process (or that part of the process) of your application, you can send a webform to correct part of the forms. Again, not sure about HCC. This is for sure NOT a family class application.
YVR123 Thank you for your response.

I think my major concern is that:

We have gotten ITA now, so we have withdrawn the previous application and gotten confirmation, that we will be issued refund.

Our new application is more detailed, as we now have more information.

My concern is that to what extent does a withdrawn application affect a new application?
I am very worried, so I posted in most channels that I saw things around withdrawal, incase anyone knows the answer.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
YVR123 Thank you for your response.

I think my major concern is that:

We have gotten ITA now, so we have withdrawn the previous application and gotten confirmation, that we will be issued refund.

Our new application is more detailed, as we now have more information.

My concern is that to what extent does a withdrawn application affect a new application?
I am very worried, so I posted in most channels that I saw things around withdrawal, incase anyone knows the answer.
I can only answer according to how family class sponsorship applications are treated. There is little to no impact if it's a re-application of family class sponsorship. Again, no idea how HCC works.

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have previously widrew my PR application and received confirmation after 1 month.

I realized that I didnt include the 2 work experiences on my SP and WP but I have claimed pts for that.

I know that I have to declare and include that on my future applications but I dont want to claim points for those 2. I will just claim points for my Canadian work experience

Will there be any problem doing that?

Thanks
Hey
Did you get an answer for that ?