28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Midcityjohn said:
Additionally, if I attempt another sponsorship application and it fails, I have no issue staying in USA. Therefore, I think I'm in position to gamble a bit.
Just as long as you have no issue being banned from entering Canada for five years (this ban won't just apply to immigration - but to visiting as a tourist as well). Having said that, Canada is very light on the misrepresentation penalty and I guess 5 years isn't long to stay out of Canada if you really don't care. The US takes a much harder line and issues a lifetime ban for misrepresentation. So if you instead decide to sponsor your wife for a green card, make sure you are 100% truthful about both of your histories in the green card application.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
hi, I need to withdraw a PR application, I just realized I made a terrible mistake with a job letter and duties, So I know it will be refused. I know that the only money I will get back is the right of permanence, but what really worries my about is the time It takes to update my cic profile. I would need to apply for express entry one more time the soon as possible.

can you tell me this?

farah1

Jul 25, 2016
I withdraw my Immigration application in 2014 and now I wanted to Re apply my application status .Is this possible please need a good suggestion .with Thanks .

Pjalan15

Feb 18, 2018
Hi,

I sponsored my common law partner and he was issued a work permit based on the sponsorship, if i withdraw my application before a decision is made, will it effect his work permit,? or he can continue to work till the time his work permit is valid.

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Hello, I have just withdrawn my application for PR two weeks ago and moved down here in Australia, but I am having second thoughts. Is it possible to reapply for a new permanent residence? My pathway was caregiver and I have an open work permit and work visa valid until middle next year. Thank you to anyone who could give any suggestion/s.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Hi guys,

I just want to leave a statement here for the records, it might help someone in the future. I performed two withdrawals of pr applications under express entry and applied for a third one in the same year and finally it was approved. The reason I was taking the risk of misrepresentation with one particular job, different dates in all my previous applications, at the end my former employer fixed everything and it was ok and consistent with all my previous applications, just make sure there is no a major mismatch.

I did not explain anything about withdrawals before or in the last application, and I was not requested anything either. Whether they reviewed or not these previous applications i really don’t know, but Think that an ircc officer might don’t have the time to review closed aplications when he will know that there is something wrong about them. I also had a refusal in 2011 under Fsw before express entry, which I mentioned in the current application.

I did not get any money back, I lost $2000, which I do not regret. Better to be safe than worried and misrepresented.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018
Hi guys,

I just want to leave a statement here for the records, it might help someone in the future. I performed two withdrawals of pr applications under express entry and applied for a third one in the same year and finally it was approved. The reason I was taking the risk of misrepresentation with one particular job, different dates in all my previous applications, at the end my former employer fixed everything and it was ok and consistent with all my previous applications, just make sure there is no a major mismatch.

I did not explain anything about withdrawals before or in the last application, and I was not requested anything either. Whether they reviewed or not these previous applications i really don’t know, but Think that an ircc officer might don’t have the time to review closed aplications when he will know that there is something wrong about them. I also had a refusal in 2011 under Fsw before express entry, which I mentioned in the current application.

I did not get any money back, I lost $2000, which I do not regret. Better to be safe than worried and misrepresented.
HI. I'm planning to withdraw my PR application submitted online through Express Entry Program for personal reasons. I have submitted web request form through IRCC site last week. Could you please tell me how long would it take to get confirmation from IRCC that my application has been withdrawn? I'm planning to reapply for PR later this year. How long did it took for you when you went through this process?

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
HI. I'm planning to withdraw my PR application submitted online through Express Entry Program for personal reasons. I have submitted web request form through IRCC site last week. Could you please tell me how long would it take to get confirmation from IRCC that my application has been withdrawn? I'm planning to reapply for PR later this year. How long did it took for you when you went through this process?
Well, first of all, Let me tell you that there is no problem at all, I already have my PR, even my PR card.

the moment you request that in the webform, they will ask you via your cic account a confirmation. then, you must submit a signed withdrawal letter, and after that they will cancel it after a week. It takes around 2 weeks in total. Nothing bad will happen later. We all make mistakes due to personal reasons and it is better to play safe.

Reactions: Goodlucktoeveryone

bababloggs

Nov 1, 2017
Well, first of all, Let me tell you that there is no problem at all, I already have my PR, even my PR card.

the moment you request that in the webform, they will ask you via your cic account a confirmation. then, you must submit a signed withdrawal letter, and after that they will cancel it after a week. It takes around 2 weeks in total. Nothing bad will happen later. We all make mistakes due to personal reasons and it is better to play safe.
Please what is the process of applying for withdrawal? Kindly assist

Abhi0505

Feb 3, 2019

Hello - Can we create another express entry profile after submitting a CSE for withdrawal of the PR application or should we wait for the confirmation of withdrawal from IRCC? Medicals haven't passed yet, it's been just a month since i submitted the application.

iBlis

May 9, 2018

Sorry for re invoking the thread, But I am also in kind of a similar bind. I had submitted my PR under EE on June 17th,2018 and its been 14 months yet I am on IP1 (it states awaiting review of an officer) from the gcms notes I got that I hadn't submitted my LOE which I did before they asked for it. Date f update of LOE was Sept 22nd 2018.

Question 1. I do not see any other alternative than withdrawing my application and re filling it? If there is one please let me know.
Question 2. If I do withdraw my application would it have any effect on my next application (same profile EE) and how long is the withdrawal process? And once accepted I can re apply with the same account? And do I need to get an ITA again?

Sep 24, 2018
Sorry for re invoking the thread, But I am also in kind of a similar bind. I had submitted my PR under EE on June 17th,2018 and its been 14 months yet I am on IP1 (it states awaiting review of an officer) from the gcms notes I got that I hadn't submitted my LOE which I did before they asked for it. Date f update of LOE was Sept 22nd 2018.

Question 1. I do not see any other alternative than withdrawing my application and re filling it? If there is one please let me know.

Question 2. If I do withdraw my application would it have any effect on my next application (same profile EE) and how long is the withdrawal process? And once accepted I can re apply with the same account? And do I need to get an ITA again?
Hi, if you withdraw the application, you would have to do it through a webform. The usual acknowledgement that they have received the request and have forwarded to case office/visa office comes in 3 to 5 business days. The complete withdrawal will take 3 to 4 weeks.
You could re apply as soon as your withdrawal process is complete.
Yes, you will have to create another EE profile wait for an ITA. Once you have received ITA you could submit all the necessary documents.
There won't be any effect of the withdrawal process. Be upfront in your future applications that you have applied before and have withdrawn.
You can reapply with the same GCKey account

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

I sponsored my common law partner and he was issued a work permit based on the sponsorship, if i withdraw my application before a decision is made, will it effect his work permit,? or he can continue to work till the time his work permit is valid.
Hi i am in same situation
What happend?
Is owp still valid if pr application is withdrawn????

Smarrrie

Feb 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have previously widrew my PR application and received confirmation after 1 month.

I realized that I didnt include the 2 work experiences on my SP and WP but I have claimed pts for that.

I know that I have to declare and include that on my future applications but I dont want to claim points for those 2. I will just claim points for my Canadian work experience

Will there be any problem doing that?

Thanks