+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application withdrawal and reapplication

Mkamran123

May 17, 2019
Hi

I'm an international student who recently graduated. I applied for PGWP from Canada, but then I learned that I would need extended TRV . I'm leaving end of June. Because of this. I decided to withdraw my application and reapply from outside of Canada.

My question is, does this withdrawal, affect my future application outside of Canada, assuming I satisfy all the necessary criteria?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I'm an international student who recently graduated. I applied for PGWP from Canada, but then I learned that I would need extended TRV . I'm leaving end of June. Because of this. I decided to withdraw my application and reapply from outside of Canada.

My question is, does this withdrawal, affect my future application outside of Canada, assuming I satisfy all the necessary criteria?

Thanks
Why did you withdraw your PGWP? You shouldn’t have. You only need a TRV to enter Canada and could have applied from your home country. You will still need a valid TRV when you enter Canada after you have finished your visit home.

Reactions: Eveslm

Mkamran123

May 17, 2019
Why did you withdraw your PGWP? You shouldn’t have. You only need a TRV to enter Canada and could have applied from your home country. You will still need a valid TRV when you enter Canada after you have finished your visit home.
I applied with my cousin's Canada address. I won't even be here to pick it up. So it I might as well get them both with one application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGWP takes months to process where as TRV alone takes considerably shorter. Would apply for TRV now and also submit you PGWP before you leave. You can inform IRCC that you are in your home country when you have to submit your passport.

Mkamran123

May 17, 2019
PGWP takes months to process where as TRV alone takes considerably shorter. Would apply for TRV now and also submit you PGWP before you leave. You can inform IRCC that you are in your home country when you have to submit your passport.
I already applied for withdrawal so there's nothing I can do now. My primary concern is if it is going to affect my future application in 2 months

Aug 2, 2019
I already applied for withdrawal so there's nothing I can do now. My primary concern is if it is going to affect my future application in 2 months
Hi, I'm in same situation..can u pls update abt what happened to ur application...did they withdraw ur 1st application...i also withdraw my application and applied new one!