+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATION URGENT WORK EXP

Tam123

Jun 15, 2017
Hi

I applied for a student visa a few years ago and got it and I went to Canada. Upon completion of my degree I returned to my home country. In that visa application I had mentioned a short employment duration with a company (duration was only three months). Now that company is closed so I can not provide documentation for it. Hence I have not mentioned that company in my EE profile (I have ITA).

Should i modify my profile (I am applying for PR) and add that company? Or should I just leave it as it is?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi

I applied for a student visa a few years ago and got it and I went to Canada. Upon completion of my degree I returned to my home country. In that visa application I had mentioned a short employment duration with a company (duration was only three months). Now that company is closed so I can not provide documentation for it. Hence I have not mentioned that company in my EE profile (I have ITA).

Should i modify my profile (I am applying for PR) and add that company? Or should I just leave it as it is?
They won't mind it if you leave out employment - leaving out is always fine, including it when you miss documentation is not.

Employment history is used to determine how many points (CRS) you would score - which determines if you get an ITA or not.

Tam123

Jun 15, 2017
They won't mind it if you leave out employment - leaving out is always fine, including it when you miss documentation is not.
Thanks do they usually match past documents with current ones? should i write a letter of explanation?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks do they usually match past documents with current ones? should i write a letter of explanation?
I think they treat each application individually - so they don't look at the application history; At least I have not heard of anyone else having such an experience. The exception is if one of your applications was ever denied in the past (e.g. PR, Visitor Visa, etc.).

The advice I usually give to people, is to nonetheless put something in your LOE if you're worried because it never hurts to add it in and may help to calm your nerves. You could add something like this:

"I have previously submitted an application for a student visa in Canada, for which I included my past work experience of 3 months at company X in country Y. However, because this company has since ceased to exist, I cannot provide documentation supporting my employment at this company anymore. Therefore, I have decided to exclude this from my work experience in this PR application."

Last edited:
Reactions: gabpalves

Tam123

Jun 15, 2017
I think they treat each application individually - so they don't look at the application history; At least I have not heard of anyone else having such an experience. The exception is if one of your applications was ever denied in the past (e.g. PR, Visitor Visa, etc.).

The advice I usually give to people, is to nonetheless put something in your LOE if you're worried because it never hurts to add it in and may help to calm your nerves. You could add something like this:

"I have previously submitted an application for a student visa in Canada, for which I included my past work experience of 3 months at company X in country Y. However, because this company has since ceased to exist, I cannot provide documentation supporting my employment at this company anymore. Therefore, I have decided to exclude this from my work experience in this PR application."
Perfect! Sounds great thanks buddy

caf445

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I assume you should only provide employment letter for the jobs you are claiming to get points, otherwise you only mention them in personal history. Note that You shouldn’t have any gaps in your history. Please correct me if I’m wrong!