+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Update - Nov 2017

Nov 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

I had filed my application under Express Entry in July 2017 with CRS Score 397. On 1-Nov-17 I received a message which says following:
[
Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada.
You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent
resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding
a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience.
You can research:
• areas where workers in your field are in high demand, and
• what is required for your job and similar jobs you might be interested in.
In most cases, the things you need to find a job in Canada are different than for
immigrating. This means you might need a new assessment of your education, skills,
work experience and/or language skills to get a job in your field.
Gather your documents before you come to Canada to make the process easier. For
example:
• degrees
• school transcripts
• proof of work history
• employer references, etc.
In Canada, some jobs are regulated to protect public health and safety. To work in a
regulated job, you will need a licence or certificate from the regulatory body for your
profession in the province or territory you want to live in.
You may need to submit certain documents, upgrade your education, and get on-the-job
experience before you get a license or certificate to practice. Without a license or
certificate, you will not be able to work in a regulated job in Canada. It can take time to
get a license in Canada. Consider working in a related job while getting your license.
There are many other resources that can help you research how to work in your job in
Canada. Check the website for the province or territory you want to live in to find out
more.
If you are accepted to come to Canada, you can get free services before you come that
will help you:
• learn about life in Canada
• find a job
• take steps to get your credentials recognized and
• you will also learn about other free services available after you arrive in Canada.
There are also free services to help you adjust to life in Canada once you arrive
]

My question is what should my next step be , i have already done credentials assessment and my qualification is equivalent to post graduate qualification in Canada.
Thanks

Reactions: Manuelcerda

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
It looks like you received your ITA. Are you a trade person? Your occupation may be regulated in Canada hance the message. Before you start looking for a job fill in your post ITA forms and apply for PR. There will be time enough to do other things.

Nov 2, 2017
I applied under FSWP (NOC - Civil engineer/technician) & not any Trade program so far. My application status says "Have I been invited to apply? - You do not have an invitation to apply at this time "

Please advise

Zep

Feb 27, 2017
I got the same message. Does this mean everyone got the same message? I got my AOR in June, and passed medical in Aug

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
My sister got this message to.. NOC is purchasing officer.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
so when created your profile? Invitation email doesn't look like this. It has different message and break up of points. I don't remember exactly, but this kinda looks like the message that one gets after creating profile successfully.

Manuelcerda

Nov 2, 2017
Hi All,
I'm in the same situation. I'm in the Express Entry pool, I qualify for FSW and I received the same message on November 1st when the invitation round happened.
I do not know how to interpret this message other than following what it says which is to have my documents ready and to be sure where I would like to move to.
It's good to know that there is more people in the same situation.
I hope we can clarify this out.
Right now, afaik It is not ITA because it has to explicitly say that we were invited to apply for PR.
Let's keep looking for an expert to answer us.

Reactions: emohammadayman

kb400

Sep 15, 2017
I received the same message when I completed my profile. Imo, it is a standard introductory letter advising you of what you can do while you wait for an ITA.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi everyone,

I had filed my application under Express Entry in July 2017 with CRS Score 397. On 1-Nov-17 I received a message which says following:
[
Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada.
You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent
resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding
a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience.
You can research:
• areas where workers in your field are in high demand, and
• what is required for your job and similar jobs you might be interested in.
In most cases, the things you need to find a job in Canada are different than for
immigrating. This means you might need a new assessment of your education, skills,
work experience and/or language skills to get a job in your field.
Gather your documents before you come to Canada to make the process easier. For
example:
• degrees
• school transcripts
• proof of work history
• employer references, etc.
In Canada, some jobs are regulated to protect public health and safety. To work in a
regulated job, you will need a licence or certificate from the regulatory body for your
profession in the province or territory you want to live in.
You may need to submit certain documents, upgrade your education, and get on-the-job
experience before you get a license or certificate to practice. Without a license or
certificate, you will not be able to work in a regulated job in Canada. It can take time to
get a license in Canada. Consider working in a related job while getting your license.
There are many other resources that can help you research how to work in your job in
Canada. Check the website for the province or territory you want to live in to find out
more.
If you are accepted to come to Canada, you can get free services before you come that
will help you:
• learn about life in Canada
• find a job
• take steps to get your credentials recognized and
• you will also learn about other free services available after you arrive in Canada.
There are also free services to help you adjust to life in Canada once you arrive
]

My question is what should my next step be , i have already done credentials assessment and my qualification is equivalent to post graduate qualification in Canada.
Thanks
i doubt the cutoff went as low as 397, can't be ITA. you're probably in the pool that's all. i'm guessing you filled and submitted your profile?

Manuelcerda

Nov 2, 2017
I could confirm that they changed their protocol, this is the message they send to candidates who are accepted to the Express Entry pool now.
They might have sent it out for all current candidates in the pool.
Regards!

Nov 2, 2017
so when created your profile? Invitation email doesn't look like this. It has different message and break up of points. I don't remember exactly, but this kinda looks like the message that one gets after creating profile successfully.
I created the profile on 11 Jun 17 , and had even received a acknowledgement which said - "Congratulations! You have been accepted in the Express Entry pool of candidates"
- What happens next
We will rank candidates(i am not writing complete stuff here)
- Your responsibilities :
1. Keep your info up to date
2. Try to improve your score
3. Start getting documents ready

Nov 2, 2017
It looks like you received your ITA. Are you a trade person? Your occupation may be regulated in Canada hance the message. Before you start looking for a job fill in your post ITA forms and apply for PR. There will be time enough to do other things.
No i am not a trade person

Manuelcerda

Nov 2, 2017
I created the profile on 11 Jun 17 , and had even received a acknowledgement which said - "Congratulations! You have been accepted in the Express Entry pool of candidates"
- What happens next
We will rank candidates(i am not writing complete stuff here)
- Your responsibilities :
1. Keep your info up to date
2. Try to improve your score
3. Start getting documents ready
IRCC probably changed their protocol and they send the new format to everyone, this is not surprising that they do so. What matters is what profile status is telling us; we're still waiting for an ITA.

hedist

Jul 8, 2017
I have ITA and received same letter IMM 1003_2
Looks like new message that will be sent to everyone.

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I receive same message today . Currently I am waiting for PPR . I passed medical and uploaded my documents on 16 Sep . I got PNP Nominee and ITA . I Submitted everything i.e Medical and PCC as well . Dont know why they trigger this email to everyone . Hope for positive outcome .