+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Under Additional Security Scan

ums77

Jun 10, 2016
Hi All,

I have applied Canada Temporary Visitor Visa of my mother in law from cic online account on 13 March. We haven't received any update after acknowledge receipt on 14th March and application is in below status-

Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : Not applicable.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

We tried to reach out to IRCC but received below update from CPC-CTD-Ottawa. Can you please help me to understand where my mother in law's application status.

=================================
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

For those who are in possession of their passports and have an urgent need to travel outside of Canada:

Please note that should your application be approved while you are abroad, you will be provided with instructions on how to submit your passport to the nearest Canadian visa office serving the country you are visiting.

Do not submit your passport until you have received correspondence from IRCC that your application has been approved and you are requested to submit your passport.

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

=================================