+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application tracker visitor visa expiry date

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
Is the expiry date shown on the application tracker the same as the one that would eventually be stamped on the passport. I ask this because in the application tracker I see the expiry date of 6 months from today, whereas the passport does not expire for another 10 years.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Is the expiry date shown on the application tracker the same as the one that would eventually be stamped on the passport. I ask this because in the application tracker I see the expiry date of 6 months from today, whereas the passport does not expire for another 10 years.
What type of visa have you applied for? You should wait to get the official documents from IRCC, the information on the tracker is often not correct.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
What type of visa have you applied for? You should wait to get the official documents from IRCC, the information on the tracker is often not correct.
I applied for a visitor visa, and have received PPR. On the tracker I see the visitor documents details with the visa expiration around May 2024.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I applied for a visitor visa, and have received PPR. On the tracker I see the visitor documents details with the visa expiration around May 2024.
As I said, wait for the official documents. It would be unusual for a visit visa to only be issued for such a short period of time.