+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application to change conditions or extend your stay in canada as a worker (IMM 5710)

Jan 2, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for PR and Work Permit under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. I have received my work permit documents back with statement of "Insufficient processing fees were provided with your application".

I had paid $100.00 CAD fees of open work permit but there is something missing with it. Will you please help me to find correct fees for my case (Application to change conditions or extend your stay in canada as a worker (IMM 5710) under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class) ?

Should I pay for temporary resident permit or Work Permit Including Extension ?

If I have to choose Work Permit Including Extension, how much should I pay and which fees should I pay ?

Do I need to pay Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155.00) and Open work permit holder ($100.00) in my case ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Abhishek

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for PR and Work Permit under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. I have received my work permit documents back with statement of "Insufficient processing fees were provided with your application".

I had paid $100.00 CAD fees of open work permit but there is something missing with it. Will you please help me to find correct fees for my case (Application to change conditions or extend your stay in canada as a worker (IMM 5710) under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class) ?

If I have to choose Work Permit Including Extension, how much should I pay and which fees should I pay ?

Do I need to pay Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155.00) and Open work permit holder ($100.00) in my case ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Abhishek
Yes, you pay $255 total ($100 + $155).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Abhishek
Do you still have valid status?

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

rachitsethia

Sep 4, 2017
Hey! I have got a similar letter. I paid $100 before but it seems CIC is asking me to pay $155 (Work permit (including extensions) – per person).

I, however, couldn't understand one particular statement in the letter from CPC Mississauga. It says' Please be advised that the only temporary resident application this office processes is the Application to Change Conditions or Extend your stay in Canada as a worker (IMM 5710) if submitted in conjunction with an application for permanent residence made under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.'

They asked me to send this application with $155 fee receipt to the Edmonton office even though I submitted this IMM 5710 with the application to PR under the spouse in Canada class in CPC Mississauga. Any inputs?

Mudkip

Feb 21, 2019
Bumping this question up as I also received my IMM 5710 back from CIC Mississauga - Mine was returned due to a typo in the form's signature and date section.

I am applying inland family class- common law partner sponsorship, sent OWP app in with PR app to CPC Mississauga as instructed to by lawyer and as was my understanding from the CIC info on their own website.

I also do not understand the section of the letter which reads -

'Please be advised that the only temporary resident application this office processes is the Application to Change Conditions or Extend your stay in Canada as a worker (IMM 5710) if submitted in conjunction with an application for permanent residence made under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

The entire package, including all requested documents/information referenced in the above and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to : Case Processing Centre in Edmonton,c/o Work permits for spouses or common law partners, Station 777, 9700 Jasper Ave.....'

Do i simply resend the IMM 5710 with the date corrected , to the address in Edmonton as indicated in the letter or do I need to resubmit my entire OWP application package (supporting docs, checklists and fee receipts to the address in Edmonton.)

I only received my incorrectly completed copy of IMM 5710, a fresh checklist and the fee receipt back from CIC in the mail, does this mean that my supporting documents have been accepted ?

I received my email acknowledging receipt of PR for processing and am now at the medicals stage of the process so that has started processing at least

Any insights and advice re: what I should resubmit and to where will be greatly appreciated.

I have included a photo of the letter that I received.

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hey! I have got a similar letter. I paid $100 before but it seems CIC is asking me to pay $155 (Work permit (including extensions) – per person).

I, however, couldn't understand one particular statement in the letter from CPC Mississauga. It says' Please be advised that the only temporary resident application this office processes is the Application to Change Conditions or Extend your stay in Canada as a worker (IMM 5710) if submitted in conjunction with an application for permanent residence made under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.'

They asked me to send this application with $155 fee receipt to the Edmonton office even though I submitted this IMM 5710 with the application to PR under the spouse in Canada class in CPC Mississauga. Any inputs?
How much did you pay for Work permit (including extensions) – per person? According to the website it is a total of 255CAD?

Besides, how long it took for you to get the processing done?

Thank you.

iset

Oct 20, 2019

Hello Everyone,

I have submitted a Spouse sponsorship application in Canada class along with a Work Permit application at CPC-M and they have sent a confirmation email that our application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CIC on Aug 2019. My wife's visitor record states the expiry date is Oct 18, 2019. We have received a letter of "Insufficient processing fees were provided with your application" on Oct 20, 2019. Please let us know:

1. Does she still maintain her implied status? Because her "Client Application Status” for Spouse sponsorship application in Canada class states "IN PROCESS”.
2. Should we pay $455 = $155 (Work permit) + $100 (Open Work Permit) + $200 (Restoration fee)?
3. Is the "Spouse sponsorship application in Canada class" still in process? Because they only returned the signed IMM5710E, IMM5556 and IMM5476 without the supporting documents.

Please advise!

Thank you!
James

Last edited:

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Abhishek
Hi there
I have question there how you sign your spouse IMM5710 forms??? We are applying together with my husband for BOWP so please help