+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application to Change Condition for PR application - Insurance Required

blackrosegigs

Jan 2, 2020
Hello,

I am from Australia, currently part of the IEC program, applying for PR and my common law partner is sponsoring me. I am submitting an 'application to change conditions, extend my stay, or remain in canada as a worker', so i can keep working. I currently have an open work permit, and have selected the "open work permit" option in the "Details of Intended work in Canada" section.
However it is question #3 on the first page that I am not sure how to answer...
**Should I just select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer" ?

Also, the document checklist says I need to "provide proof of health insurance for the covering the extension to your length of stay in Canada"
**I currently have health insurance provided by my main employer, is this sufficient? Or do I need to purchase more?
**If so, for how long?... as PR is for at least 5 years and its not possible to purchase insurance for that long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am from Australia, currently part of the IEC program, applying for PR and my common law partner is sponsoring me. I am submitting an 'application to change my conditions', so i can keep working. I currently work for two employers and I have an open work permit, and have selected the "open work permit" option in the "Details of Intended work in Canada" section.
**Should I just select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer" at the start of the application?
I want to be able to continue to work for both employers, however the form only gives me the option to include one employer in the section "Details of intended work in Canada".
**Should I add an extra page with the details of the second employer?

Also, the document checklist says I need to "provide proof of health insurance for the covering the extension to your length of stay in Canada"
**I currently have health insurance provided by my main employer, is this sufficient? Or do I need to purchase more?
**If so, for how long?... as PR is for at least 5 years and its not possible to purchase insurance for that long.

Thankyou!
If you are applying through spousal sponsorship - you submit a new open work permit application with your inland sponsorship application (not an application to change conditions).

blackrosegigs

Jan 2, 2020
If you are applying through spousal sponsorship - you submit a new open work permit application with your inland sponsorship application (not an application to change conditions).
Thankyou so much for such a quick response! sorry the form is actually called: 'application to change conditions, extend my stay, or remain in canada as a worker' (IMM 5710)

Last edited:

blackrosegigs

Jan 2, 2020
I just found these instructions on the cic website, under "how do i apply for an open work permit" :

If you are applying from inside Canada:
In the “Details of intended work in Canada” section of the IMM 5710 application form:

• choose “Open Work Permit” for question 1
  • leave questions 2 to 7 blank
  • answer question 8

I just dont know the answers to my initial questions at the start of this thread :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just found these instructions on the cic website, under "how do i apply for an open work permit" :

If you are applying from inside Canada:
In the “Details of intended work in Canada” section of the IMM 5710 application form:

• choose “Open Work Permit” for question 1
  • leave questions 2 to 7 blank
  • answer question 8

I just dont know the answers to my initial questions at the start of this thread :(
Recommend you read through the discussions in the Family Class section of the forum. This is where you'll find the majority of discussions relevant to this topic.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thankyou so much for such a quick response! sorry the form is actually called: 'application to change conditions, extend my stay, or remain in canada as a worker' (IMM 5710)
Correct form.

Hello,

I am from Australia, currently part of the IEC program, applying for PR and my common law partner is sponsoring me. I am submitting an 'application to change conditions, extend my stay, or remain in canada as a worker', so i can keep working. I currently have an open work permit, and have selected the "open work permit" option in the "Details of Intended work in Canada" section.
However it is question #3 on the first page that I am not sure how to answer...
**Should I just select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer" ?

Thankyou!
Choose "new or intial work permit".

Insurance is only required when applying for IEC, which you are not.

blackrosegigs

Jan 2, 2020
Correct form.

the 4 options i have for question #3 (on the first page )are:
*apply for a work permit with the same employer
*restore my status as a worker **(not this one because i still have legal work status)
*apply for work permit for the first time or with a new employer
*get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
the 4 options i have for question #3 (on the first page )are:
*apply for a work permit with the same employer
*restore my status as a worker **(not this one because i still have legal work status)
*apply for work permit for the first time or with a new employer
*get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)
So it would be first time or new employer.