+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application submitted in August 2018

reemasgandhi

Sep 17, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I had actually filed for my permanent residence and work permit in June 2018 however after 6 weeks My appication was returned with some missing signatures amd one document. Mine is Inland Application under Family class spouse sponsporship. My husband is sponsoring me and we have provided all the relevant documents required by cic.
After my application was returned we immediately submitted with the required documents and signatures and the application was received on 17th August 2018. However till today I havent received any update or AOR from them.
Please help as I require AOR immediately as on basis of AOR I will be able to apply for my OHIP card and I required OHIP card immediately as I am 23 weeks pregnant.
If anybody has any information about this then kindly please help

Thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I had actually filed for my permanent residence and work permit in June 2018 however after 6 weeks My appication was returned with some missing signatures amd one document. Mine is Inland Application under Family class spouse sponsporship. My husband is sponsoring me and we have provided all the relevant documents required by cic.
After my application was returned we immediately submitted with the required documents and signatures and the application was received on 17th August 2018. However till today I havent received any update or AOR from them.
Please help as I require AOR immediately as on basis of AOR I will be able to apply for my OHIP card and I required OHIP card immediately as I am 23 weeks pregnant.

Thanks
You can't "require AOR immediately". It comes when it comes, you will unfortunately need to sit tight and wait.

Reactions: monkeys89

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
You have to wait for your AOR, unfortunately. It takes time. Up to 8 weeks.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Another thing to note in order to qualify for OHIP you need a work permit and a job that confirms at least 6 months of employment just so you're aware

reemasgandhi

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks but I had asked at service ontario office and they said either AOR or work permit anyone is sufficient for application of ohip

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Thanks but I had asked at service ontario office and they said either AOR or work permit anyone is sufficient for application of ohip
Then you'll have to wait for your AOR. Sadly, if all documents had been in order at time of submission, you may have already had it :(

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Firstly, you must be in Ontario for 3 months before your eligible. Sounds like you have been? https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/ontario-health-insurance-plan-ohip/what-is-the-3-month-waiting-period-for-ohip/

Secondly, see what I've bolded (unless you fall under another category here). You may have misunderstood what Service Ontario told you:

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx

You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

• you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
  • you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada; This is not referring to AOR. This is approval in principle, which comes closer to the end of the process.
  • you have applied for a grant of citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act(Canada), and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship (i.e. children adopted internationally by Canadian citizens);
  • you are a “protected person” – i.e. a Convention Refugee or a person in need of protection as referred to in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
  • you are a foreign worker who holds a work permit valid for at least 6-months which permits you to work in Canada, and you are working under a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer’s name, your occupation, and states that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;
  • you are a foreign clergy member who will be providing services to a religious congregation in Ontario for at least six months;
  • you hold a Temporary Resident Permit with case type 80 (for adoption only), 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 or 95;
  • you are the spouse, same sex partner, or dependent child (under 22 years old or 22 years and over if dependent due to a mental or physical disability) of an OHIP-eligible foreign clergy member or OHIP-eligible foreign worker;
  • you hold a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program;
  • you hold a valid work permit under the federal Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program;

Reactions: EJH

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
I spent 10 months dealing with Service Ontario re OHIP. Work permit AND at least 3 months employment in a full time job is required.

For PR, a previous poster has said their dealings informed them that it is AIP (Approval in Principle) that is required for OHIP, but perhaps they can speak more to that. I was also informed that my AOR alone was insufficient to receive OHIP. (Service Ontario location, Bay Street)

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I spent 10 months dealing with Service Ontario re OHIP. Work permit AND at least 3 months employment in a full time job is required.

For PR, a previous poster has said their dealings informed them that it is AIP (Approval in Principle) that is required for OHIP, but perhaps they can speak more to that. I was also informed that my AOR alone was insufficient to receive OHIP. (Service Ontario location, Bay Street)
The site says 6 FYI, see my comment above...but yeah, not eligible as it stands.

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
The site says 6 FYI, see my comment above...but yeah, not eligible as it stands.
At the time I had an IEC permit, and this was 14 months ago, so perhaps it was different.
Thanks for the link, it will come in handy when I start working and have to deal with Service Ontario again!

Reactions: kcward7

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
If I were you, again assuming the above is true about your situation, start looking into midwifery care for your pregnancy.