+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Stuck Mexico

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hey Just wanted to know if its normal that I haven't had an update or progress on my application since January 2023....My Background & Eligibility has been in progress since February 2023 medical passed in Jan 2023 as well

I am in Quebec and I realize we have a cap on the number of people that come in per year but is it normal that my application has not advanced at all?

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
As you said it, there's a cap for Quebec and it's been a huge argument between federal and municipal governments.
Quebec waiting times right now are 42 months.
So yes, the application not moving is most likely because of that.

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I understand that but its a new year don't the quota for Quebec reset now? My medical is already done why make it expire

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Yes it does but it's still the 2nd of January. Maybe they will move your application by February.
You can always order GCMS notes and see what they say.

Reactions: YULpj

Cryingfor help

Aug 30, 2023
Hey Just wanted to know if its normal that I haven't had an update or progress on my application since January 2023....My Background & Eligibility has been in progress since February 2023 medical passed in Jan 2023 as well

I am in Quebec and I realize we have a cap on the number of people that come in per year but is it normal that my application has not advanced at all?
Hey when did you submit your application. Background for my husband shows in process and eligibility in process as well in gckey but in tracker eligibility not started???! So confusing. Medical not done but criminality completed. Application from Aug 2022.

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hey when did you submit your application. Background for my husband shows in process and eligibility in process as well in gckey but in tracker eligibility not started???! So confusing. Medical not done but criminality completed. Application from Aug 2022.
Hi I applied May 2022 its very confusing as we had no updates for a year now