+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application stuck in IP1 since November 2018

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi All,

I am a CEC inland applicant with AOR(Acknowledgment of Receipt) on April 2019. My fiance applied for her PR from India under FSW program in October 2018. She got her medicals done in August 2018, which was passed and approved by IRCC in October (at that time Biometric data was not required so she was never asked for it).
In the second week of November 2018, she was asked for RPRF with an ADR, which was paid and received. Since then there has been no update on her profile. We have also applied to get GCMS notes (It has been over 45 days since we applied, apparently due to recent long weekends, they are experiencing delays).
Senior members and everyone, Please advise what recourse we have? Our lives are stuck with no clear path in sight.
Below, I will provide some information about her application -
1. Skilled work NOC - 5243 (Creative Designers)
2. WES Education assessments provided for Masters(From UK) and for Bachelor's Degree from India.
3. Police Certificate provided for UK and India.
4. Address history is of UK, India.
5. Travel history contains, UK and Spain (A very short tourism trip to Spain).
6. POF provided as money in her personal bank account which shows that money had been there in the account for over 6 months.
7. Proof of employment - Provided a Reference letter from managers for 2 previous employments and work-experience letter for the current company.

I have looked at her profile myself and see no wrong with it. I am at a loss of ideas, how to navigate forward.
I have applied for PR under CEC(Canadian Experience Class) as well and my file is progressing. Please advise what should we do as a couple to be together in Canada as soon as possible.
Ideas that I have -
1. We wait it out for a decision on her application (and if my application gets through and her's doesn't, I sponsor her post marriage and she stays in India). Needless to say, we do not want to have to follow through with this option
2. She was planning to go for higher education after getting here so we can start a new application for a student visa, so she continues her education and we can be together and later I can start an inland spousal sponsorship application.

I am looking for any suggestions to find out the status of her application or to add to the two ideas that I have for us to be together and taking our lives forward. Please comment on the idea about the student visa. We looked at some college programs that start in Fall 2019 and still open and that she finds interesting. Should we follow through with that plan?

Ananyamukh

May 30, 2019
Hey,
I had my Express entry application stuck for one whole year in IP1. But, mine was a different situation. When they asked for the RPRF then it basically is given that your wife will get approval. In my case the AOR was of Jan 2018 and then I got the RPRF mail in Jan 2019. I got my send the passport mail in March 2019. So, it took them 2 months for that.
My suggestion will be contacting them via IRCC webform. The one year I was without any information, I contacted them twice and some human emailed me back and reassured me. My intuition will be that they are backlogged.
Regarding your other solutions, I would add her in my PR profile if I were you. It doesn't matter if you guys are not married. You can show her as dependent.
You can get married as well, and just bring her on your visa as dependent. It should not affect your (either of you) application. Just inform them of the change in your status and address through that IRCC webform.
Hope this helped.

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hey,
I had my Express entry application stuck for one whole year in IP1. But, mine was a different situation. When they asked for the RPRF then it basically is given that your wife will get approval. In my case the AOR was of Jan 2018 and then I got the RPRF mail in Jan 2019. I got my send the passport mail in March 2019. So, it took them 2 months for that.
My suggestion will be contacting them via IRCC webform. The one year I was without any information, I contacted them twice and some human emailed me back and reassured me. My intuition will be that they are backlogged.
Regarding your other solutions, I would add her in my PR profile if I were you. It doesn't matter if you guys are not married. You can show her as dependent.
You can get married as well, and just bring her on your visa as dependent. It should not affect your (either of you) application. Just inform them of the change in your status and address through that IRCC webform.
Hope this helped.
Thanks for responding! We have contacted them through the Webform but we just got the same generic response "Everything is under process, all the files are received, we are working on your file". I can not add her to my application as we are not married yet. The marriage date is set in February 2020. It's just "wait and watch" for us, as of now.

Ananyamukh

May 30, 2019
Fiancee can be considered conjugal/common law partnerif yoi can provide enough proof of relationship....eg. tons of pictures together and exchange of rings etc.
It's worth a try! At least applying for visa could be done

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Fiancee can be considered conjugal/common law partnerif yoi can provide enough proof of relationship....eg. tons of pictures together and exchange of rings etc.
It's worth a try! At least applying for visa could be done
It's been almost 50 days since we applied for GCMS notes. It should be just around the corner and then we will know the actual status for us to make a decision.
May I ask you a question - Did you have to re-do your medical exams? (Since it took about a year to get your PPR and medicals are only valid for one year)

Ananyamukh

May 30, 2019
I'm sure it will work out sooner rather than later.
We didn't have to redo our medical examination. But that might be because since our submission of the exam we had not left US. We are Indian citizens, but residing in US means that we are staying in a country which is considered low risk, health wise. I have read that someone who had a vacation in India after their 1 year of exam had passed, had to redo their's. That was after they sent the passport for PR visa stamping. But since your fiancee is in India throughout, I am not sure what will happen

Reactions: lazycrazyboon