+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Status

Vamshi90

Aug 9, 2022
I had a question about different stages of an application. I have submitted my WP application in March. Ever since, it states that we are doing you background check. However, the first part is "the review of you eligibility has not started yet". I was wondering if it means that they are doing the background check and will do the eligibility afterwards? Or it simply means that the application is sitting in the queue to be processed?
There are different stages to background check

Criminal check
Passport check
Security check
Eligibility check

eligibility check is where they check the background of the company and how you fit in the role they applied for. From what I am told, Security check and Eligibility check usually take 1 week each. But now it seems the IRCC officers are working on multiple cases at a time so things are a bit delayed.

https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/#:~:text=of security screening-,Overview of the security screening process,security screening and information sharing.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Can anyone clarify if:
  • Maintained status starts when you apply for a new work permit/WP extension?
  • Maintained status starts after your current work permit expires (and you applied for the new wp/extension before it expires)?

Speak2naz

Oct 2, 2022
I have applied from poland on 14march, still waiting ,closed wp
I have applied from London in march ,bio completed in April, since than just waiting. Status shows background check. People from india and oman getting faster outcome than EU and Uk