+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application status updated to APPROVED but no COPR email yet

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Dear all,

I am wondering how many of you guys are in the same situation as mine as in getting PR application approved on mycic but no official COPR email sent to you yet..

My timeline:
1. Sep 22, 2020 - randomly checked on mycic and found out my case was approved that day.
2. Sep 23, 2020 - received an official email from cic saying "your application status has been updated.." - it shows approved on Sep 22 and I can see my T number and saying my document is valid.
3. Up till now - no official copr email (with pdf instructions on how to apply for the PR card, send pictures, etc)

anand.damojipurapu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi All,

Got ITA in Dec 2019 and we have completed all the application formalities and submitted the documents, recently I added my newborn baby to my express entry application and IRCC has added my baby to my application within a week of submitting all the required documents.

I have seen my application status as "Application Updated" and within an hour it has changed to "your action is required" and we have checked our mail and our profile for new messages but there are none.

What does this mean?

Ab247

Jun 6, 2020
Dear all,

I am wondering how many of you guys are in the same situation as mine as in getting PR application approved on mycic but no official COPR email sent to you yet..

My timeline:
1. Sep 22, 2020 - randomly checked on mycic and found out my case was approved that day.
2. Sep 23, 2020 - received an official email from cic saying "your application status has been updated.." - it shows approved on Sep 22 and I can see my T number and saying my document is valid.
3. Up till now - no official copr email (with pdf instructions on how to apply for the PR card, send pictures, etc)
Let me start by saying congrats to you. I don't know if you are inland or outland but I am outland. When I submitted my passport for visa, I also submitted with it 2 passport photographs which would be used for the PR card. You do not need to apply for the PR as it would automatically be processed using the photographs I submitted when I land in Canada.
When you receive your passport back with the stamped visa, you will also get with it the COPR document with further instructions. The COPR is not sent via email.
Hope this helps

Reactions: jackan

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Let me start by saying congrats to you. I don't know if you are inland or outland but I am outland. When I submitted my passport for visa, I also submitted with it 2 passport photographs which would be used for the PR card. You do not need to apply for the PR as it would automatically be processed using the photographs I submitted when I land in Canada.
When you receive your passport back with the stamped visa, you will also get with it the COPR document with further instructions. The COPR is not sent via email.
Hope this helps
Hi thank you for your reply!! I m inland and i guess we won’t be required passport but directly we will receive the copr email..

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Dear all,

My timeline:
did you receive COPR in an email after? and how long did it take you to get it?

Aug 19, 2020
It took another 4 days to get it in my account :)
When did it show “biometrics received” on your account ? Mine got updated today, trying to figure out how long it takes after biometrics are updated

AOR - June 1
BIL - July 22
MEP - July 22
Biometrics received update (exempt) - October 10

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
When did it show “biometrics received” on your account ? Mine got updated today, trying to figure out how long it takes after biometrics are updated

AOR - June 1
BIL - July 22
MEP - July 22
Biometrics received update (exempt) - October 10
Same to my situation. I got bio (exempted) updated in my account on October 9. Look like it could take another day or two to get another update, could be COPR. I heard that if one is inland application, he/she will be PR automatically when receiving that letter (no PPR nor landing).

SandeepCanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
My PR application was approved on Feb 16 in my cic account and a COPR document number starting with T was mentioned there.
On Feb 17 I got email from ircc that my application is approved ( update on your account).
But I did not receive any copr yet.

Can anyone please advise what I can do ? How long it will take to receive the COPR document ?