+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Status... Concerned!!! Please Help.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Toledo - it's very possible that your wife's interview will be waived. Buffalo frequently waives interviews for spouses, and normally you would have heard by now if an interview was going to be required. The file would be transferred to the visa office closest to her residential address in preparation for the interview, and you would have been advised. Check the letter you received from Buffalo requesting additional information - we got that letter, too, and I was so focused on what they were saying they needed that I completely missed the part that said, "We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing." What type of information did they request from you?

Now, my application was eventually refused - but not due to concerns about a genuine relationship. Concerns about that and common-law qualification are the normal reasons an interview is requested. What I did find with Buffalo is that they are notoriously non-communicative - so don't expect too much as far as a response from them. You may get a form letter that tells you that your application is being processed within normal processing timelines and you shouldn't expect to hear from them for at least 3 months. We got such a letter, after our MP's office inquired as to the status of our application when it had been in process for 5 months since we'd sent the requested information and there had been no word from them at all. Within 2 months we had a refusal . . . so that's simply a form letter they send in response to any status inquiry.

You can order your CAIPS notes - but they probably won't say much yet . . . and it will take about 6 weeks to get them. Really, all you can do is try to be patient . . . your baby will be a Canadian citizen whether s/he is born in the States or in Canada and, actually, being born a dual US/Canadian citizen isn't necessarily a bad thing! The most important thing is that Mom and baby get the proper pre-natal care and every advantage during the birth - and you shouldn't have to start out with a truck-load of debt over medical costs, just so the child can be born on the Canadian side of a border.

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Rob,

Thanks alot for this information.

It was a while back that I was inquiring about this. Since then, I received a letter asking for more documentation (Record of "good conduct" or "no record") from the country where my wife resided (Uzbekistan) prior coming to U.S. Which I think I did the needful (Requesting the record from the Consulate General of Uzbekistan and according to them it should take from 15 days to 2 months).

In the letter, it is exactly mentioned what you mentioned in your post. "We have now completed the initial assessment of your application...." and supposedly the requested documentation (record of "good conduct" along with a notarized copy, if its in not in English/French language, which I am sure it will be in Russian and I need to prepare a notarized copy as well) within 90 days of the notice. Already 12 days gone (I submitted the request yesterday).

- So, my next concern is whatif I exceed the 90 days and I still didn't get the response from Consulate General of Uzbekistan?
- What should I do and what to inform Visa Office.

Because it's clearly mentioned in the letter that if they don't receive the documentation within 90 days, they will withdraw (or refuse) the application and then I will need to appeal, I guess.

So, please advise...

thanks,

Toledo.

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Rob,

Now, my application was eventually refused...
I am sorry to hear that...But can you tell me what was the reason that they refused? was it because of missed documentation or it was regarding your case?

Thanks,