+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Stages + What They Mean (MEP, IP1, IP2, Ghost Update...) - Version 2019

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
AOR - Dec 3
Medical results - Dec 23 passed
Biometrics - Dec 24 completed

I got GU on Dec 24 but I believe this GU related to MEP or Biometrics.
Today I've got new GU but my BG status is still "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." I am bit confused. I didn't get any GU after Biometrics so it can't be IP2. However, BG status doesn't relate to IP1 either.

Reactions: Captain789

Mike28888

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
AOR - Dec 3
Medical results - Dec 23 passed
Biometrics - Dec 24 completed

I got GU on Dec 24 but I believe this GU related to MEP or Biometrics.
Today I've got new GU but my BG status is still "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." I am bit confused. I didn't get any GU after Biometrics so it can't be IP2. However, BG status doesn't relate to IP1 either.
Your application is brand new for this timeframe. Relax....

Subhojit

Jun 6, 2019
Hi,

I'm an inland applicant applying under the OINP. My AOR date is 25th Jan.

I'm currently working on an Open Work Permit, and as a part of the process for the work permit, I had cleared the medicals in May 2019. Consequently, the medicals are valid till May 2020. IRCC has confirmed over an email enquiry that the same medicals can be used for the PR application process.

My query is as follows: My medicals are expiring in May 2020, by when it is unlikely that the PR process will be completed. However, looking at the thread, I'm likely to get my MEP before that. Once I get MEP, would it still matter if my Medicals are valid when I get my COPR (which is likely to be later than May 2020)? Note that I am already in Canada.

Please help!

Regards,
Subhojit

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hi,

I'm an inland applicant applying under the OINP. My AOR date is 25th Jan.

I'm currently working on an Open Work Permit, and as a part of the process for the work permit, I had cleared the medicals in May 2019. Consequently, the medicals are valid till May 2020. IRCC has confirmed over an email enquiry that the same medicals can be used for the PR application process.

My query is as follows: My medicals are expiring in May 2020, by when it is unlikely that the PR process will be completed. However, looking at the thread, I'm likely to get my MEP before that. Once I get MEP, would it still matter if my Medicals are valid when I get my COPR (which is likely to be later than May 2020)? Note that I am already in Canada.

Please help!

Regards,
Subhojit
You still have 3.5 months left. so you can wait for another 2.5-3 months and then go for new medicals.

Subhojit

Jun 6, 2019
You still have 3.5 months left. so you can wait for another 2.5-3 months and then go for new medicals.
Thanks! I am given to understand that I cannot have 2 valid medicals on the same passport. So I will need to wait for my earlier medicals to expire, and only then go for a new one. Is that correct?

dypo

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Pls help!! My background check just changed from "Your application is in progress", to Not applicable.Does it mean BGC has been concluded? If yes, what's is next? Anybody with same status or status change?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hello, can anyone advice me, I am CEC-outland and two weeks ago I was requested to pay RPRF. Medicals passed, biometrics done. What is the current stage of my application? My AOR is 31 Dec 2019.

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Thanks! I am given to understand that I cannot have 2 valid medicals on the same passport. So I will need to wait for my earlier medicals to expire, and only then go for a new one. Is that correct?
thats not true. the only reason I said incase you get your PPR within 2.5 months then you can do landing as early you can with valid Medicals which can save bit money for you. If IRCC requires new medical after that they will ask you to do so.

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hello, can anyone advice me, I am CEC-outland and two weeks ago I was requested to pay RPRF. Medicals passed, biometrics done. What is the current stage of my application? My AOR is 31 Dec 2019.
The current stage should reflect in your progress criteria. if your B/G says Not Applicable after 2 updates then you are about to get PPR soon

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Pls help!! My background check just changed from "Your application is in progress", to Not applicable.Does it mean BGC has been concluded? If yes, what's is next? Anybody with same status or status change?
Have you noticed B/G ever changed to "We are processing your background check"?

dypo

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Have you noticed B/G ever changed to "We are processing your background check"?
Yes, it changed from "we are processing your background check" to "your background check is in progress" and now background check changed to N/A.

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Yes, it changed from "we are processing your background check" to "your background check is in progress" and now background check changed to N/A.
then you should watch your IRCC account, personal emails , inbox and spam etc. for PPR. Based on other posts and tentative timelines , you should hear good news somewhere in 15-21 days.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
What does it mean when I had a GU, but the status is still the same. After Medical exam I don't think there were any.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
The current stage should reflect in your progress criteria. if your B/G says Not Applicable after 2 updates then you are about to get PPR soon
Thanks for the response. I have never seen any changed in my B/C. Hmmm. Just gotta wait.

supernovamuz

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I believe after submitting your application, we should constantly check our e-mails for receiving PPR e-mail from IRCC in 6 months duration (if we are lucky maybe it will be sooner). Since IP1 and IP2 are not official information released from the IRCC so we should not consider it important, because difference people may get different timeline depending on their application how accurate they are. Creating a hope on unofficial information could lead us to anxiety, when IRCC clearly mention in the website that average processing time is 6 months.