+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent with missing signature (imm5669), best course of action?

ryanfreakinc

Mar 19, 2019
Hi there!

My wife and I just sent our application for spousal sponsorship after months of info-gathering, and are now finding we got tripped up by some jargon. On form IMM 5669, the final signature stated that "by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application". My wife and I did not realize it wanted both a typed and handwritten signature, which was stated in more detail in the checklist. So we have submitted our forms with her handwritten signature missing from imm5669

What is the best course of action to take from here? I tried to fill out a web form but will not be able to without an application number (which will not be provided as they'll sent the document back). Is there anyway we can settle this without waiting for the documents to be returned?

If not, how long would it be to wait for said document to be returned? Our document was shipped out by courier yesterday morning (monday, 19-03-2019) and is in transit as of this writing.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi there!

My wife and I just sent our application for spousal sponsorship after months of info-gathering, and are now finding we got tripped up by some jargon. On form IMM 5669, the final signature stated that "by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application". My wife and I did not realize it wanted both a typed and handwritten signature, which was stated in more detail in the checklist. So we have submitted our forms with her handwritten signature missing from imm5669

What is the best course of action to take from here? I tried to fill out a web form but will not be able to without an application number (which will not be provided as they'll sent the document back). Is there anyway we can settle this without waiting for the documents to be returned?

If not, how long would it be to wait for said document to be returned? Our document was shipped out by courier yesterday morning (monday, 19-03-2019) and is in transit as of this writing.
They will probably return it within a few weeks. As the application is "incomplete" it probably will not be entered into the IRCC’s system at all, so sending updates is unlikely to work.

springtocanada

Feb 13, 2019
As it's so new, I'd just send the complete new application with a cover letter request to process this application and ignore the previous one. I feel you have nothing to loose as without signature it's mostly going to come back. But again wait to hear from other members.

Lets hope some senior members can share their inputs.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As it's so new, I'd just send the complete new application with a cover letter request to process this application and ignore the previous one. I feel you have nothing to loose as without signature it's mostly going to come back. But again wait to hear from other members.

That only works if no original documents were needed, as they would be at IRCC now in the previous application package.

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
Contact the mailing company you send it through i.e. Canada post or fedex. They will return it’s still on its way call the mailing company give them the tracking no.
Hi there!

ryanfreakinc

Mar 19, 2019
Contact the mailing company you send it through i.e. Canada post or fedex. They will return it’s still on its way call the mailing company give them the tracking no.
I tried this, but no dice unfortunately. I called Canada Post and right away they said the delivery can't be interrupted.

avainevie

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018

Hi, I did the same mistake and unfortunately it was returned to me without any notice. I was originally a Sept 2018 applicant but because of this mistake I’m now a Oct 2018 applicant. Basically, they start from scratch as if they never received it.

springtocanada

Feb 13, 2019
Hi, I did the same mistake and unfortunately it was returned to me without any notice. I was originally a Sept 2018 applicant but because of this mistake I’m now a Oct 2018 applicant. Basically, they start from scratch as if they never received it.
Oh. thanks for the information.

Ammar306

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi there!

I made the same mistake. Do you know what you did to send updated forms? Please help!

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I didn't made any mistakes with IMM 5669 - handwritten and signature.... but I did a mistakes with IMM 0008 - I also did handwritten and signature, but I realized after my application was already sent that IMM 0008 only requires signature;( This is why we always have to read carefully on the forms.. So, I think my application will also be returned and I will need to fix any mistakes and send it off again.

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
You can send a webform to fix this problem so they don't send it back. Fill out the form, validate, print and hand sign it. Then scan and upload the signed forms to your comp and upload it to the webform. You need to make a full explanation as to what the miscommunication was and wait for their response. There shouldn't be any problem, my husband and I did the same thing and there was no issue. Since you don't have an application/UCI number, you need to use the receipt number that you were given for the payment you made for the upfront fees.

ryanfreakinc

Mar 19, 2019
You can send a webform to fix this problem so they don't send it back. Fill out the form, validate, print and hand sign it. Then scan and upload the signed forms to your comp and upload it to the webform. You need to make a full explanation as to what the miscommunication was and wait for their response. There shouldn't be any problem, my husband and I did the same thing and there was no issue. Since you don't have an application/UCI number, you need to use the receipt number that you were given for the payment you made for the upfront fees.
We'd like to try this, but we've also neglected to add my wife's name and info on the back of her commercial photographs (commercial photographer assured us the photos were good to submit as is. whoops). Would a digital scan of said photos/info be good for that webform as well? If not, would they accept new photographs via snail mail?

Aziiiiiiiin

Jun 7, 2019
Tehran
Hi
I did that mistake too_Our application hasn't received yet.I tried to return my application from courier service but its not possible.so we are really nervous because we are living outside Canada and it take a long time to send it.
So I opened IRCC web form to check how it works.
but should I wait for they receive my application then I make a correction?
where should I enter receipt number?
and for applicant name should i use sponsor person or sponsored person name?
Is there Any place to upload mu form?
Sorry for lots of question but i cant believe how did that mistake and thought electronically signature is enough!

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
I didn't made any mistakes with IMM 5669 - handwritten and signature.... but I did a mistakes with IMM 0008 - I also did handwritten and signature, but I realized after my application was already sent that IMM 0008 only requires signature;( This is why we always have to read carefully on the forms.. So, I think my application will also be returned and I will need to fix any mistakes and send it off again.
Sorry Can I ask you if you have received your application back or they have accepted with handwritten name ?

My wife did same mistake

She sent me forms but in the signature space she wrote her Name and then she did her signature.

Do you think they will accept it ?

Thank you

JermZ

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Thanks for this information. I also sent the corrected document when i realized that i forgot a signature in one of the forms. I also used the Receipt Number as Application Number. I already received an email from CIC acknowledging the document that i sent. Now my question is, when the visa officer opens my application and she finds out that missing signature, how would he/she knows that i uploaded the corrected document in the webform?