+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Sent to Wrong Address

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
My friend sent his application to Mississauga but he lives in Canada and wife and child aren't living in Canada. He should have sent it to Sydney. Recently, I showed him the check list which includes the correct address. Will they return his application back after two or three months? Did anyone go through this? Any advice?

I copy and paste the address section from the guide.

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed.

or

Application for spouses or common-law partners currently living in Canada applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Submit your application by courier service
If you’re sending the application using a courier service instead of by mail, pick the correct courier address (no public drop-offs):

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed.

or

Application for spouses or common-law partners currently living in Canada applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class:
CPC-Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Last edited:

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Sometimes theyre being nice, and will forward it to Sidney for you. But they can also send it back. Its entirely up to them. Youll have to wait and see since there is nothing you can do at this point.

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
Update:
My friend's sponsorship application was returned with a notice that shows the correct address.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Update:
My friend's sponsorship application was returned with a notice that shows the correct address.
You certainly ask a lot of questions on behalf of "friends". When a person has so many "friends" in different stages of the immigration process, they are usually a poorly trained immigration consultant using this forum to get answers for clients.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You certainly ask a lot of questions on behalf of "friends". When a person has so many "friends" in different stages of the immigration process, they are usually a poorly trained immigration consultant using this forum to get answers for clients.
Lol so true

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
They are real friends and I am not an immigration consultant.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Sometimes theyre being nice, and will forward it to Sidney for you. But they can also send it back. Its entirely up to them. Youll have to wait and see since there is nothing you can do at this point.
And if you're VERY LUCKY, they might keep it in Mississauga and process it there hehehehe;)

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I made the same mistake. I sent my outland spousal application to Mississauga instead of Sydney. Canada Post tracking indicates it was received on 23rd January 2020 but i haven't received an AOR email yet (5 months passed). I have sent a web form inquiry and i got the following reply.
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.