+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application sent to MICC takes too long

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Hello all,

I received a letter from Missaussaga on july 3 saying that I've been accepted to sponser my husband from Egypt and that his file was sent to Cairo. I sent an email at the MICC in Caire and they replied today that they did not received the application. Is that possible and why it takes so long for them to receive it?

Thank you
Misria

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
hmm... that is pretty strange, they should recieve it within a week or so. Mine was sent Jul 7 from MISS to Damascus and was received Jul 13. Maybe call missaussaga and ask for a tracking number or somethin for the file if they have one. Unless the person in Cairo looked up the wrong info.
did you try to look up your status online?

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
they are able to give you a file number at missassauga (which you will need to check online) so atleast ask for that,

ramadan kareem

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From looking at tracking items at various places, it looks like the avearge time between approval at Mississauga to getting an AOR (when it arrives at your local embassy) is about 2.5 weeks - and that's for everyone (even me in the US).

Belive me - this process teaches patience better than anything...

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
yes, client number is for the missassauga office and file number for Cairo (not sure if u can mix/match to check status)

File number is your Immigration file number that they create for you in Cairo when they get your app. so, if miss can give u a file number that means it is receieved in Cairo.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Thank you Eric but it's been much more then 2.5 weeks. It has been 2 months. They are stressing me. What if the file has been lost while being sent to the MICC in cairo.

and thanks Al Abdel I will try to get more informations now. I am on the phone with them being on hold.

And while I was writting, they answered.. lol. They said that maybe they just did not start working in the file, that is why they say they did not receive it yet. How long does usually take from the time the file is being transfered to the MICC until they start processing?

Thanks a lot
Misria

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Im not sure, but they should "start working on it" as soon as they receive it, even if they just open and close it. They have to put it in their system as soon as they recieve it so I'm not sure whats going on. Did they give u a tracking number or anything?

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
I,ve called twice at the immigration in Mississauga and they told me that it is normal that they did not start working into it, that is why the status of the file is as '' not received''. They told me it can take 2 to 3 months. They are not in hurry I guess. This sends me back to Egypt's reality. Lol. Nobody is in any hurry there.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Sometimes the status updates on e-cas. You can always log in with the sponsor's info to check if they've started processing it yet.

Yeah, sorry, seems that Cairo takes a while to do things. According to trackitt, applicants applying through there usually get the AOR letter some 2-3 months after the sponsorship is approved, so your case is still going "normally" for that office. I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient.

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Misria said:
Huh?!! Al Abed?? How did you know your file was in process if you did not receive any email from them?
when I called missassauga to ask about my status, they told me i was approved as sponsor and that my file has begun process in damascus and they gave me file number. thats their limit. Demascus only updates them with file number.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Misria .. Egypt takes usually 1 1/2 to 2 months before they even start working on it.. you can see my timeline and there is another recent user here as well Rasha who was dealing with Cairo as well. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask us.