+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application says DO NOT REQUEST CBSA RECORDS. But I did the request..Any Issues?

Canadiangoose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Hi All,

There is a section on the citizenship form about the CBSA records. It says the CIC will request the CBSA records on our behalf. But I requested the ATIP already for my knowledge. Will it cause any issues during the interview of after? I am eligible to apply in April 2017 btw...

Please clarify this question if anyone already did and got their citizenship no problem..

Reactions: mickey_mouse

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiangoose said:
Hi All,

There is a section on the citizenship form about the CBSA records. It says the CIC will request the CBSA records on our behalf. But I requested the ATIP already for my knowledge. Will it cause any issues during the interview of after? I am eligible to apply in April 2017 btw...

Please clarify this question if anyone already did and got their citizenship no problem..
It wont cause any issues. It is your right to request for CBSA records. You can do it for very many personal reasons. The reason CIC discourages it is due to overwhelming requests to the CBSA. CIC has their own link to CBSA with which they verify the entry/exit records.

Just imagine the volume of request if all the 200000 citizenship applicants requests for the entry/exit records.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
IRCC should really drop that from the application. You have the right to see those records and more than that you'd be a fool not to request them. Don't you want to know what IRCC is looking at? Don't you want to know if there might be mistakes?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
chikloo said:
It wont cause any issues. It is your right to request for CBSA records. You can do it for very many personal reasons. The reason CIC discourages it is due to overwhelming requests to the CBSA. CIC has their own link to CBSA with which they verify the entry/exit records.

Just imagine the volume of request if all the 200000 citizenship applicants requests for the entry/exit records.
I concur with the response above.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
links18 said:
IRCC should really drop that from the application. You have the right to see those records and more than that you'd be a fool not to request them. Don't you want to know what IRCC is looking at? Don't you want to know if there might be mistakes?
IRCC can't access CBSA records without the person's consent that's why they have that question in the form for authorization.

A person can order his/her CBSA records for their own personal records which usually takes 30-40 calendar days. On the other hand, if you authorize IRCC, then they can access CBSA records more quickly like less than a week or maybe a day or so. Looking into this fact, it saves a lot of time in processing the application. If the applicant orders CBSA report and then sends it to IRCC, it will take around 2 months in total which will significantly increase the processing times of the application as well as overwhelm CBSA with lots of requests.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
thecoolguysam said:
IRCC can't access CBSA records without the person's consent that's why they have that question in the form for authorization.

A person can order his/her CBSA records for their own personal records which usually takes 30-40 calendar days. On the other hand, if you authorize IRCC, then they can access CBSA records more quickly like less than a week or maybe a day or so. Looking into this fact, it saves a lot of time in processing the application. If the applicant orders CBSA report and then sends it to IRCC, it will take around 2 months in total which will significantly increase the processing times of the application as well as overwhelm CBSA with lots of requests.
Yeah, I know all that. The thing is that IRCC actively advises people NOT to get their own records for their own reference. I get the concerns about over burdening the system with multiple requests. But really, its in your own best interests to get these records for yourself and check them against your declared travel dates. If there are discrepancies, wouldn't you want to know before hand?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
links18 said:
Yeah, I know all that. The thing is that IRCC actively advises people NOT to get their own records for their own reference. I get the concerns about over burdening the system with multiple requests. But really, its in your own best interests to get these records for yourself and check them against your declared travel dates. If there are discrepancies, wouldn't you want to know before hand?
Yes, absolutely. I did order CBSA report before submitting my application and cross checked all the dates and then properly filled the online residence calculator sheet.

canmr

Dec 30, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
Yes, absolutely. I did order CBSA report before submitting my application and cross checked all the dates and then properly filled the online residence calculator sheet.
I did the same too. I didn't travel more than twice and remember the dates of travel accurately.
We should ideally request the CBSA ATIP report 6 weeks before application date as it takes more than 30 days usually.

Patel7785

Apr 29, 2018
CBSA filed two allegation reports criminal inadmisbility and misrepresentation against me.i was on open work permit as my wife was on study visa.
This incident happened on 27 Oct 2017.they requested me for admissibility hearing by i the time I decided to voluntarily return to home country by surrendering wp approved by CBSA officer.
I have investigate about issue came to my nowledge that I was working in company as sales manager where there was cheque return case in which I was acquittal but I didn't was aware about situation..however there were two allege charges but we're quashed by court.So now can I file fresh TRV? As my visa is expired.i also recently got MPNP approved and letter of support from province with employees offer letter..what would be changed..Can somebody advice?