+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application returned

setoneato

Nov 17, 2021
my husband and I submitted our application in April 2021..today 6 months after waiting we got our submission returned to us because we missed a small field

It states when we resubmit we'll be put back into the que based on date we resubmit it. Is this the only way? Wondering if a letter of some sort in the wrong page help if we mentioned its a resubmission to help move it along

Any advice is welcome thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my husband and I submitted our application in April 2021..today 6 months after waiting we got our submission returned to us because we missed a small field

It states when we resubmit we'll be put back into the que based on date we resubmit it. Is this the only way? Wondering if a letter of some sort in the wrong page help if we mentioned its a resubmission to help move it along

If the application was returned incomplete, you resubmit and start over. It is stated in IRCC regulations. Unfortunately, a letter will not change anything.

Reactions: setoneato

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

What field was it you missed?

No, unfortunately, no way to get this put 'back on the top of the pile.'

That said - write a letter if you want, won't hurt, and perhaps someone will be merciful.

Reactions: setoneato

setoneato

Nov 17, 2021
What field was it you missed?

No, unfortunately, no way to get this put 'back on the top of the pile.'

That said - write a letter if you want, won't hurt, and perhaps someone will be merciful.
in imm5406 additional family info, we missed putting in the addresses. as well as getting his birth certificate translated with an affidavit.

I guess a letter wont hurt..
Thanks for the response.

Carairish

Mar 12, 2021
Hi setoneato,
I know exactly how you feel as my App was also returned after waiting almost 6 months.
I also missed hand signing the same form :(
I am truly devastated. when are you hoping to resubmit?

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
You should worry print new forms, fill them and send a cover letter with the full application saying that you application was returned for missing signature..etc.. If all your applications are completed probably you will get your AOR within a month. God luck

Reactions: Carairish

msjcg

Nov 19, 2021
Hello I'm just wondering if you've already linked your paper application to your online account? And even so, was the whole paper application returned still?

dawood42

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , I applied for Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2021 program through online portal.
Today I got a letter from CIC via email stating that i have some information missing on form IMM5406. The letter mentions that i can resubmit docs via email or mail. I also checked the online portal and it says application return and seems like i can resubmit through the portal as well. What should i do should i resubmit via email/mail or through portal? Sending through email as well as updating portal might cause confusion right?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi , I applied for Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2021 program through online portal.
Today I got a letter from CIC via email stating that i have some information missing on form IMM5406. The letter mentions that i can resubmit docs via email or mail. I also checked the online portal and it says application return and seems like i can resubmit through the portal as well. What should i do should i resubmit via email/mail or through portal? Sending through email as well as updating portal might cause confusion right?
Yeah only do one.

mlaurajoyce

Nov 20, 2020
I got same email- did you get any update after sending email ? Portal still shows status return for me

dawood42

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got same email- did you get any update after sending email ? Portal still shows status return for me
In my case the portal status was updated to submitted after 3 months. and after 3 weeks after status was after updated i got AOR