Med's Done....
26/7/2010
Passport Req..
8/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
5/3/2011
LANDED..........
24/3/2011
Sounds like the visa officer in question may've been hungover whilst processing your app! But seriously... it doesn't surprise me after reading many similar stories in these forums.

When attempting to book an appointment to finalise my visa here in Canada, I had to verify my address to the visa officer over the phone only to find that her records were different to mine?! She then proceeded to sternly inform me that it was very irresponsible of me not to have informed them of the change... I couldn't believe it.

Somehow, they had an old address of mine in their system from when I'd lived here over 5 years ago, even though I had just given them my new address when applying for a new SIN card.

So yes, everyone makes mistakes. Unfortunately your example may cost you a few extra months... but hang in there!

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
Thanks for the support haha! We are just getting on with it now. No point in dwelling on it I suppose!

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
Just an update to what happened with this. I requested a new police certificate. It took quite a while to arrive, but we mailed back our application last Friday (May 1st). We included a letter to the officer which just stated - yes we do qualify as common-law partners and that could have been seen in *named sections and page numbers. It was very hard not to be too rude but we made it very clear that yes we do qualify and that the officer had evidentially not bothered to look at the application. We also made a point that the application had been returned without some indexes which are important to navigating the application. (We reprinted these and send the application back exactly how it was originally sent adding the new police certificate and the letter.)

Surprisingly. Yesterday May 4th we received a e-mail from the officer which said we the sponsor had been approved. That we would now need to apply for the quebec section etc and that a letter was on the way.

So I guess it is a relief that we didn't have to wait the 37 days again. Also, hugely frustrating that the laziness of one officer has delayed us this much. He seemed to think that before coming to Canada, the applicatant(me) was living alone in Ireland and the sponsor was in Canada. There was over 80 pages dedicated to our time living together in Ireland, including her visa, pictures, flights, texts....countless things, you guys know yourself.

I have been avoiding this forum for the past month and a half, it would just make me depressed at how slowly it had been going, or not going you might say. So hopefully we are on the road to a normal life again!

irishnova

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
congrats mate, glad thats sorted for ya!
good luck with hte rest of the process

Crillz said:
Just an update to what happened with this. I requested a new police certificate. It took quite a while to arrive, but we mailed back our application last Friday (May 1st). We included a letter to the officer which just stated - yes we do qualify as common-law partners and that could have been seen in *named sections and page numbers. It was very hard not to be too rude but we made it very clear that yes we do qualify and that the officer had evidentially not bothered to look at the application. We also made a point that the application had been returned without some indexes which are important to navigating the application. (We reprinted these and send the application back exactly how it was originally sent adding the new police certificate and the letter.)

Surprisingly. Yesterday May 4th we received a e-mail from the officer which said we the sponsor had been approved. That we would now need to apply for the quebec section etc and that a letter was on the way.

So I guess it is a relief that we didn't have to wait the 37 days again. Also, hugely frustrating that the laziness of one officer has delayed us this much. He seemed to think that before coming to Canada, the applicatant(me) was living alone in Ireland and the sponsor was in Canada. There was over 80 pages dedicated to our time living together in Ireland, including her visa, pictures, flights, texts....countless things, you guys know yourself.

I have been avoiding this forum for the past month and a half, it would just make me depressed at how slowly it had been going, or not going you might say. So hopefully we are on the road to a normal life again!

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Wow, I just read this thread for the first time today, and I am so glad for you that it worked out the second time. My partner and I will be applying common-law in July and it makes me so mad that a VO would be so careless like that! I hope everything works out for you! :)

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
sidkrose said:
Wow, I just read this thread for the first time today, and I am so glad for you that it worked out the second time. My partner and I will be applying common-law in July and it makes me so mad that a VO would be so careless like that! I hope everything works out for you! :)
Good luck! Hopefully you dont get an officer on a bad day! I'd like to think it was a one off thing.