+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Returned For Using A Representative?

aaaa1111

Mar 31, 2017
Hello.

Wife from United States. Applied Online Outland March 30. Just got letter today saying

"Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
USE OF REPRESENTATIVE (IMM 5476)
Your application package is being returned to you because it has been identified that you may be using a representative and/or have not properly completed the required Use of Representative (IMM 5476) form."

I have copy of application that submitted and this form was fully filled out and signed. I used the latest form downloaded the day I submitted the application.

The guide even does say if your the spouse and want updates, etc. you need to fill this form out. The letter reads like a spouse can't be a representative.

Very confused.
Thanks.

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
Hello.

Wife from United States. Applied Online Outland March 30. Just got letter today saying

"Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
USE OF REPRESENTATIVE (IMM 5476)
Your application package is being returned to you because it has been identified that you may be using a representative and/or have not properly completed the required Use of Representative (IMM 5476) form."

I have copy of application that submitted and this form was fully filled out and signed. I used the latest form downloaded the day I submitted the application.

The guide even does say if your the spouse and want updates, etc. you need to fill this form out. The letter reads like a spouse can't be a representative.

Very confused.
Thanks.
Are you the spouse and sponsor at the same time?

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
I see, based on my experience, I’m the sponsor and representative (unpaid) of my common-law partner. I filled out that same form and they accepted it. I confirmed cos it shows on the Application Status Tracker and I get all the emails regarding the sponsorship application. Try to double or triple check that IMM 5476, maybe you just missed something.

aaaa1111

Mar 31, 2017
I checked and don't see anything.

Under "SECTION B: APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVE" it says

6. Your representative (tick one box):
(i) is UNCOMPENSATED and is a

I checked the "friend or family member" box.

Should I have used the "other (please specify)" and wrote in Spouse?

It's the most current form. Signatures are using full names as we put on application, and dates are written in format as requested on form.

For Applicant I have my wife's information, and mine for Representative.

I have never applied to Immigration Canada before for anything. I (sponsor / spouse) Canadian born citizen.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
@
I checked and don't see anything.

Under "SECTION B: APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVE" it says

6. Your representative (tick one box):
(i) is UNCOMPENSATED and is a

I checked the "friend or family member" box.

Should I have used the "other (please specify)" and wrote in Spouse?

It's the most current form. Signatures are using full names as we put on application, and dates are written in format as requested on form.

For Applicant I have my wife's information, and mine for Representative.

I have never applied to Immigration Canada before for anything. I (sponsor / spouse) Canadian born citizen.
I am shocked, rejected only because representative letter as per them is not correct.
I am just wondering, have you signed with PEN
1) representative, Signed the form at Section B Q8.
2) Applicant signed the form Section D Q10
3) Signature of Spouse the form Section D Q10
4) Is form IMM5476 (11-2021)

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I had that issue too . The second time I removed IMM5476. one application less. Second time I got AOR and Medicals now waiting