+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned due to missing signature

karan21sharma

Mar 5, 2016
I hope someone can provide me the correct way forward. I had sent my application January 28, 2019. However, since IMM5669e Schedule A Background / Declaration was not signed by hand in addition to the electronic signatures, I have received my application back on March 21, 2019. My common-law partner's study permit expired Jan 30, 2019. She is within 90 days of the expiration of temporary status so we can apply for restoration. I have some questions before we take our next steps:

Q1. The application was received with the reason that IMM5669e was not signed by the Principal Applicant as highlighted in the attached document. Should we just sign and mail the application back trusting that this is the only error we have on the application? On the other hand this might just be the first error the Processing Officer found and he returned the application. Do they go through the entire application and send back all the reasons it was returned or just the first one they locate?.

Q2. Is the visitor visa application process to restore the status the same as applying online. Are there any differences in applying online v/s applying on paper? I know online processing time is much less than applying through paper. Any other benefits or differences?

Q3. Do I need to include the visitor permit with my PR application now or can I send my PR + OWP before I receive the visitor visa?

Q4. Since the PR application's processing time is 12 months, should I be choosing period of stay on visitor visa as more than 6 months. Although since we are including the OWP which has processing time of 4 months, should we choose period of stay on visitor visa less than 6 months.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who received their OWP and AOR

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I hope someone can provide me the correct way forward. I had sent my application January 28, 2019. However, since IMM5669e Schedule A Background / Declaration was not signed by hand in addition to the electronic signatures, I have received my application back on March 21, 2019. My common-law partner's study permit expired Jan 30, 2019. She is within 90 days of the expiration of temporary status so we can apply for restoration. I have some questions before we take our next steps:

Q1. The application was received with the reason that IMM5669e was not signed by the Principal Applicant as highlighted in the attached document. Should we just sign and mail the application back trusting that this is the only error we have on the application? On the other hand this might just be the first error the Processing Officer found and he returned the application. Do they go through the entire application and send back all the reasons it was returned or just the first one they locate?.

Q2. Is the visitor visa application process to restore the status the same as applying online. Are there any differences in applying online v/s applying on paper? I know online processing time is much less than applying through paper. Any other benefits or differences?

Q3. Do I need to include the visitor permit with my PR application now or can I send my PR + OWP before I receive the visitor visa?

Q4. Since the PR application's processing time is 12 months, should I be choosing period of stay on visitor visa as more than 6 months. Although since we are including the OWP which has processing time of 4 months, should we choose period of stay on visitor visa less than 6 months.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who received their OWP and AOR
1. If you submitted in Jan, then think you need to fill out new forms as there was an update of forms (checklist, form for PA and form for Sponsor).
2. Apart from processing times, with online application you will avoid missing out documents
3. If she is out of status do not submit OWP yet, she wont be eligible for an OWP. You need to submit request to restore status first before you submit the OWP.
4. Not really sure about No. 4

joborromeo

Oct 12, 2017
My application my returned just today because of same reason. What did you do? Did you resubmit ung application again? Thank you.