+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned but lost in transit

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Hello all,

I would have hope to post a more joyful first post but unfortunately bad luck hit me this time.

I have applied for family class, spouse sponsorship to Mississauga and they received my application on may 15th.
After receiving no updates on ecas, I called them this week and after talking to 3 different agent, I have been told that my application was returned on may 27th. I haven't received anything, I went to all surrounding post office in hope to find the lost package but to no avail. CIC says they ship back with regular post but Canada Post told me that all parcel within Canada have tracking number.
Numerous calls to CIC didn't help, they have no other information beside the date it was returned and the address.

So my situation is I have to resubmit the whole application again and without knowing why it was returned in the first place.

Is there anyone who went through something similar ? Any advice or recommendation would be appreciated at this point.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Usually, the application will only be returned if something major is missing (like a form, a signature, or the processing fees), or if some questions haven't been answered on one of the main forms.

See Sections 5.12 and 5.13 of operational manual IP 2 to see what the minimum requirements are so an application isn't sent back to you. ("R10" refers to section 10 of the immigration regulations, or IRPR.)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

I'm sure you've already checked with CIC what address they have on file for you. I don't know if you'd be able to get GCMS notes to find out what was the matter, because they might not have any if all they did was send your application back to you because they thought it was incomplete. This is a question you might ask the Access to Information people at CIC.

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Thank you for your answer.

See Sections 5.12 and 5.13 of operational manual IP 2 to see what the minimum requirements are so an application isn't sent back to you. ("R10" refers to section 10 of the immigration regulations, or IRPR.)
I do remember not having my spouse sign the form 1344 but it says in the guide that we should not have to because we intend to reside in the province of Quebec:

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp
" Sponsored persons who intend to reside with their sponsor in Quebec are not required to sign the IMM 1344."

I don't know if you'd be able to get GCMS notes to find out what was the matter, because they might not have any if all they did was send your application back to you because they thought it was incomplete. This is a question you might ask the Access to Information people at CIC.
I will call tomorrow to inquire but can you explain briefly what are those notes? What does GCMS stands for?
Thank you.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Duy said:
Thank you for your answer.

I do remember not having my spouse sign the form 1344 but it says in the guide that we should not have to because we intend to reside in the province of Quebec:

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp
" Sponsored persons who intend to reside with their sponsor in Quebec are not required to sign the IMM 1344."

I will call tomorrow to inquire but can you explain briefly what are those notes? What does GCMS stands for?
Thank you.
"Global Case Management System"

Generally, it gives information about the status of your file, and the reasons for some decisions. The usual way to obtain the information is to use the file number and make an Access to Information request. But since your application was returned, you may not have a file number, and I have no idea whether any information would be entered into the system in this circumstance.

One would think that the people at the CIC call centre would be more helpful in your situation. Our experience was that they often gave erroneous information, or claimed not to be able to get information for us, even though other people on the forum had managed to get it from the call centre. When they don't give you information, they seldom distinguish honestly between information that they

1) can't obtain in any way;
2) can't obtain without additional effort; or
3) know about, but can't or won't reveal to you

It's a perfect storm of incompetence and lack of concern for clients.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Duy said:
Hello all,

I would have hope to post a more joyful first post but unfortunately bad luck hit me this time.

I have applied for family class, spouse sponsorship to Mississauga and they received my application on may 15th.
After receiving no updates on ecas, I called them this week and after talking to 3 different agent, I have been told that my application was returned on may 27th. I haven't received anything, I went to all surrounding post office in hope to find the lost package but to no avail. CIC says they ship back with regular post but Canada Post told me that all parcel within Canada have tracking number.
Numerous calls to CIC didn't help, they have no other information beside the date it was returned and the address.

So my situation is I have to resubmit the whole application again and without knowing why it was returned in the first place.

Is there anyone who went through something similar ? Any advice or recommendation would be appreciated at this point.
OMG! :( I am so sorry to read about this terrible event Duy You are in my thoughts and prayers (((((( hugs)))))

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Duy said:
Hello all,

Hi Duy,

You have my sympathy......I went through a similar thing......I mailed our application...and waited for several weeks, but never got an AOR. Everything was in 1 single box, but magically, only the relationship proofs got to CPC-M. Our forms and supporting documents simply vanished without a trace.

I found out that the forms and documents were missing because an officer from CPC-M called me to notify me about it. And she suggested that we redo the form (in the meantime, she kept the relationship proofs in her office).

She ended up calling me because I wrote to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca to explain my case . It took 15 days for me to get a response though...so just wait...and make sure to state clearly that you want a tracking number for your returned parcel, and also mention your phone number in the email.

Another option is to get your local MP to intervene. Go here t ofind out who your local MP is:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
I went through the whole send back process after 6 months of waiting and no response... but they never lost my stuff, I'm so sorry that happened.

What concerns me most is the fact that there is so much personal information in there.. security risk information for the people involved to where identity theft could be an issue. I would definitely get those notes and see if that helps.

I'm so sorry you're in this position!