+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Returned Back to Me...

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hey guys.

I sent my application on Feb 3rd and they received it on Feb 10th. I didn't hear anything from them till March 17th which was them returning out application everything included due to two problems.

On the checklist we provided, they highlighted two sections. The first section that is highlighted is the about providing a marriage certificate. I provided them with our marriage certificate which confuses me. I took the original and photo copied it with color and nice photo paper because I didn't want to risk losing our original. I don't see a problem with this unless they are looking for something different. They ask for a marriage certificate and I provided them with our marriage certificate. It says in huge letters, "MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE" on the top of the paper lol. Anyone have any input on this?

The second and last highlighted part was the part where they ask for two photos that are the same for all accompanying family members. In our application there are a total of two people. Myself, the applicant and the sponsor which is my wife. I the applicant, got two photos that are the same which meet the specs that are asked for. The only thing that I could see the problem is that I misunderstood what they are requesting. I only sent two photos that are the same of me. We didn't send pictures of my wife (the sponsor) because we both thought that they would only be asking for the applicant since they would be using these pictures for PR. Thoughts?

Thank you for your help and time in advance!!!

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The marriage certificate has to be a certified true copy, not just a photocopy you did on your own.

Reactions: valvlad

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
trikiliki said:
The marriage certificate has to be a certified true copy, not just a photocopy you did on your own.
Damn. Okay. I just hope they don't lose it... Do you know anything about the two pictures they are asking for?

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Spyro64 said:
Damn. Okay. I just hope they don't lose it... Do you know anything about the two pictures they are asking for?
No, I mean go and get a certified copy of the original, a notary can do it. Keep your original.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Spyro64 said:
I wrote my name, date, and the person who took it on both pictures

You wrote the name of the person who took it? Or the photo studio stamped it for you?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
trikiliki said:
I just read the checklist again. For the civil status documents section, it specifically says to provide a photocopy. It does not need to be a certified true copy. I simply made a photocopy of mine (black and white, no less) and we had no issues. Maybe certain countries are required to provide a certified true copy, but on the default checklist, that isn't required.

Spyro64 said:
On the checklist we provided, they highlighted two sections. The first section that is highlighted is the about providing a marriage certificate. I provided them with our marriage certificate which confuses me. I took the original and photo copied it with color and nice photo paper because I didn't want to risk losing our original. I don't see a problem with this unless they are looking for something different. They ask for a marriage certificate and I provided them with our marriage certificate. It says in huge letters, "MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE" on the top of the paper lol. Anyone have any input on this?
If anything, I'm thinking they didn't like the fact you did it on nice photo paper. That would stand out as weird compared to the photocopy most people submit.

What country and/or state/province did your certificate come from, out of curiosity?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Spyro64 said:
Never mind "lose it". They never sent our original back! But we were expecting that. The only thing they sent back were the photos that we submitted. Some regions specify "original" some don't, it varies. Check your own "regional guide".

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am sure it varies from country to country, as the other person said verify in your region specific guide and follow it to the letter.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
danawhitaker said:
I just read the checklist again. For the civil status documents section, it specifically says to provide a photocopy. It does not need to be a certified true copy. I simply made a photocopy of mine (black and white, no less) and we had no issues. Maybe certain countries are required to provide a certified true copy, but on the default checklist, that isn't required.

If anything, I'm thinking they didn't like the fact you did it on nice photo paper. That would stand out as weird compared to the photocopy most people submit.

What country and/or state/province did your certificate come from, out of curiosity?
We just photocopied ours as well and they were fine with it.

My husband had his photos taken in Canada during a visit. We took the specs with us, but the photographer was familiar with Canadian immigration photos and didn't need them. His stamp was on the back of one photo and we wrote my husband's full name and date of birth on the back of the second photo. CIC seems happy with that.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Spyro64 said:
Hey guys.

I sent my application on Feb 3rd and they received it on Feb 10th. I didn't hear anything from them till March 17th which was them returning out application everything included due to two problems.

where is the applicant from and where is the marriage certificate from? 1) double check the country specific guide for the applicant - whether a copy is accepted depends on country the applicant is from. 2) If it's from canada - there are 2 certificates - the long form and the short form. only 1 is accepted, so you'll want to confirm which one you have.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Does the sponsor need to have a pic??

Emilytang

Sep 9, 2021
Hey guys.

The second and last highlighted part was the part where they ask for two photos that are the same for all accompanying family members. In our application there are a total of two people. Myself, the applicant and the sponsor which is my wife. I the applicant, got two photos that are the same which meet the specs that are asked for. The only thing that I could see the problem is that I misunderstood what they are requesting. I only sent two photos that are the same of me. We didn't send pictures of my wife (the sponsor) because we both thought that they would only be asking for the applicant since they would be using these pictures for PR. Thoughts?

Hi, I
Hey guys.

Hi,
I am wondering if your problem got resolved by sending a certified true copy?
I encountered the same issue. I also just sent a photocopy that was issued from US, my county's probate court judge.
If you could still receive messages, please let me know. Thank you.