+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Retured as incomplete - Help required

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
Hi guys,

I sent in my citizenship application in September '13 which has been returned as incomplete citing lack of "Language Evidence". Interestingly I had submitted copies my MBA Transcript and degree which I earned back home and which was accepted for my PR application. In any case, once the application was returned, I registered myself for the CELPIP-General LS which I am scheduled to take on the 2nd of November after which I intend to re-submit my application. Now I have a couple of questions:

1) Do I, or should I, submit a completely new application or should I re-submit my application I sent in September?
2) Would my initial payment which I made in August still be good or should I request a refund for this particular payment and make a new payment when I re-submit my application?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

D

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Why don't you call CIC and explain that your application was returned in error, as per rules if degree is sent along with transcript it should be accepted as language evidence. I do not see any reason for CIC to return your application.

Why to waste $150 and time for another language test.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u have no other way than providing third party English testing result. so take CELPIP-Genarl LS or IELTS as soon as possible in order to avoid further delays.

dtnnn said:
Hi guys,

I sent in my citizenship application in September '13 which has been returned as incomplete citing lack of "Language Evidence". Interestingly I had submitted copies my MBA Transcript and degree which I earned back home and which was accepted for my PR application. In any case, once the application was returned, I registered myself for the CELPIP-General LS which I am scheduled to take on the 2nd of November after which I intend to re-submit my application. Now I have a couple of questions:

1) Do I, or should I, submit a completely new application or should I re-submit my application I sent in September?
2) Would my initial payment which I made in August still be good or should I request a refund for this particular payment and make a new payment when I re-submit my application?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

D

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Is there anyone who submitted his diploma/degree along with transcript for "Language Evidence" and his application was accepted ??

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Simkr said:
u have no other way than providing third party English testing result. so take CELPIP-Genarl LS or IELTS as soon as possible in order to avoid further delays.
This is not correct. Degree certificates for studies done in English are accepted.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
aamer43 said:
Is there anyone who submitted his diploma/degree along with transcript for "Language Evidence" and his application was accepted ??
Yes, I submitted my degree certficates for Language Evidence and my application was accepted and is currently in progress.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Simkr said:
See option #3 in the link below;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

Note it says degree certificates OR transcripts. The original poster even sent both (I just sent degree certificates). I don't quite understand why his/her application was returned. As suggested earlier by aamer43, I would contact CIC and try to understand their reasoning behind this.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
It has to be a transcript or degree earned at an instituion where the language of instruction if English---this basically means that you earned your degree from a country where the official language is English. I doubt CIC would be satisifed with a degree earned in a foriegn country because there is no wany to prove that the language of instruction was English

canadianmavs

Sep 5, 2013
Dear touché

From what country did you graduate from? Was it an English speaking country or a non English speaking country?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
so it took about a month for them to return your application? this is quite striking. i just got off the phone with the call centre, and according to the agent that i spoke to they were opening applications received on July 18 at the moment.

you said you'd mailed yours back in september and already got it returned?

so the rational reasoning behind this would be they first open applications for a quick look and if there's missing or insufficient documents, they send them right back. if things look good and complete, they line them up for processing (entering into the system) later. and so when the agent said they were "opening" applications received back in July, she actually meant they were entering information from those applications into the system.

what are your guys' thoughts on this?

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
Hey,

I called them today and they said July 18 as well. Honestly, I also called three times asking for proof of language and each one had a different answer. I purposely called them three times to test them out, and my test concluded that they aren't well informed, so sad and frightening at the same time.

Thanks,

jujuberanch said:
so it took about a month for them to return your application? this is quite striking. i just got off the phone with the call centre, and according to the agent that i spoke to they were opening applications received on July 18 at the moment.

you said you'd mailed yours back in september and already got it returned?

so the rational reasoning behind this would be they first open applications for a quick look and if there's missing or insufficient documents, they send them right back. if things look good and complete, they line them up for processing (entering into the system) later. and so when the agent said they were "opening" applications received back in July, she actually meant they were entering information from those applications into the system.

what are your guys' thoughts on this?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
"a foreign country"? like US, UK, Australia, New Zealand?

txboyscout said:
It has to be a transcript or degree earned at an instituion where the language of instruction if English---this basically means that you earned your degree from a country where the official language is English. I doubt CIC would be satisifed with a degree earned in a foriegn country because there is no wany to prove that the language of instruction was English

aamer43

May 6, 2009
AFMTL said:
Hey,

I called them today and they said July 18 as well. Honestly, I also called three times asking for proof of language and each one had a different answer. I purposely called them three times to test them out, and my test concluded that they aren't well informed, so sad and frightening at the same time.

Thanks,
Hi AFMTL,

What information did you get from CIC call center agents each time ?

Please share