+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hello all, I am seeking guidance and advice for my case that was recently rejected due to negligence of my immigration consultant. I will try to summarize the issue as much as possible. Would appreciate if someone can guide me for any possibility of reconsideration.

I had applied for the EE program in Nov 2015 through an immigration consultant based in Markham, Canada. His first lapse came in when as per CRS, I should've received my ITA in Feb 2017, however I did not receive any invite. Upon probing, he mentioned that it must be a 'glitch' in the system and they would send an inquiry about it. I found out from my own probing that they had not renewed my profile upon expiry in Nov 2016, hence I was never a part of the draw. Luckily, I got the ITA in May after the profile was renewed.

I submitted all the required documents post ITA based on the list and details provided to me by the consultant. That list included the requirement of a Police Certificate for every address where I have stayed for 6 months or more.

On 20th December 2017, he sent me a rejection letter from CIC with the reason mentioned as "Application Incomplete". The details mentioned that the Police Certificate did not cover the whole period of stay (there was a difference of 3 months, wherein I was out of country on a visit visa for job search and subsequently moved to UAE from Pakistan). To clarify, the Police Certificate in Pakistan is prepared with specific addresses and dates for those addresses. Since I had moved out of my apartment and was traveling, I did not have a valid address in Pakistan.

Immediately, the consultant told me that he would appeal for a review since that was not the usual course of action and a chance of clarification should have been given before rejection, however, the appeal was also rejected. He forwarded my the rejection letters and that''s when I noticed that the letters mentioned that the initial communication of rejection was sent to him on 2nd August 2017 and he had 3 months to clarify before the application was rejected and closed.

All through this time, I had been chasing him on phone and emails to ensure that nothing is missed out in my application, since I was skeptic of his diligence after the ITA incident, however still he was negligible to the point that I lost my chance of immigrating to Canada.

I need advice on further course of action from the following perspective:
  • How to get the access to my profile so I can review what was submitted?
  • Any chance of requesting for review of my application by CIC while giving clarification or a revised Police Certificate if required by them?
  • How to proceed in filing an official complaint and/or legal case against the consultant so his malpractice doesn't affect others.
Would appreciate any help here.