+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected for being incomplete

roycejbwk

Jun 13, 2020
Applied in September, got my ITA on Nov 25, got a rejection yesterday on January 12. IRCC said the reason is that I did not provide my Proof of completed Canadian Education Credential (the certificate), even though I gave them my transcript.

I have contacted an agent and they said that they cannot reopen the application since a decision has already been made, not sure if this is true or not.

It feels very unfair for your entire application to be thrown out the window for missing a document without the chance to even fix your mistake. I was under the assumption that if there are any missing documents you would be contacted in order to update your application. It's frustrating to wait months to get an ITA and get all your paperwork ready to be put back in square one.

Sorry for ranting but it has been a lot to take in, any help or advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering finding a lawyer to help double check my documents/application so this would not happen again in the future.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Applied in September, got my ITA on Nov 25, got a rejection yesterday on January 12. IRCC said the reason is that I did not provide my Proof of completed Canadian Education Credential (the certificate), even though I gave them my transcript.

I have contacted an agent and they said that they cannot reopen the application since a decision has already been made, not sure if this is true or not.

It feels very unfair for your entire application to be thrown out the window for missing a document without the chance to even fix your mistake. I was under the assumption that if there are any missing documents you would be contacted in order to update your application. It's frustrating to wait months to get an ITA and get all your paperwork ready to be put back in square one.

Sorry for ranting but it has been a lot to take in, any help or advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering finding a lawyer to help double check my documents/application so this would not happen again in the future.
You need to reapply from scratch. Set up a new Express Entry profile and wait to receive ITA again. Once you have ITA, you'll need to resubmit your documents.

The application needs to be complete when it's received and it's normal procedure for IRCC to refuse incomplete applications. They do not request missing documents. The onus is on you as the applicant to ensure the application package is compete when submitted.

Sorry this has been a frustrating experience for you. You can certainly hire a lawyer if you want another set of eyes on your second application to ensure completeness and don't feel you can do this on your own.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017

I likely would have got my application rejected and had to start from scratch as well if it wasn't for this forum and finding one of the major reason why applications get rejected, was forgetting to include your university certificates.

Reactions: scylla

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is because if they do document requests for missing documents, they would face a lot of incomplete applications and then have to request many candidates for missing documents. it would never end and there would be a big backlog due to these types of incomplete applications. This is how it was before and it was untenable.

I hate to be the one to be a bit hard on you, but including your degree certificate is an obvious step you need to do in any application.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Also i would add, from what i recall there is a separate place to upload your certificates, and one to upload your transcripts in the document uploads.

So i'm not sure how you could miss it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is because if they do document requests for missing documents, they would face a lot of incomplete applications and then have to request many candidates for missing documents. it would never end and there would be a big backlog due to these types of incomplete applications. This is how it was before and it was untenable.

I hate to be the one to be a bit hard on you, but including your degree certificate is an obvious step you need to do in any application.
This exactly.

There is a very good reason why applications must be complete and IRCC does not chase applicants for missing mandatory documents and forms.

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
It is a normal procedure, not an unfair situation. As an applicant, it is one's responsibility to make sure your application is complete and included all the necessary documents.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
On the day you submitted your PR application did you had your conferral? If there is no evidence of graduation specially if the transcripts shows that study is recent, then you sneaked your way in and maneuvered the queue. May if it is old dated transcripts then yes it is non fair.

On what basis did you do your ECA if non canadian ?

Last edited: