+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Refused yesterday - Starting new

alinakniaz

Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied for PR on Jan 5th and got a refusal yesterday. The reason was a typo in my employment letter (employer put the start date as 2019 instead of 2018) - yes, I know, this is stupid and I should have been looking better, but I got a bunch of people to look over my letter and no one noticed a thing (not sure what happened - please don't tell me I'm stupid because I already know I am). I also attached copies of pay stubs from 2018 as well as my official record of employment - didn't really help the decision.

Anyway, now that i'm going to apply again, I obviously want to make sure that I make 0 mistakes and all my information is correct. Looking over my employment letters this time, I feel like I could add more to the duties.

Question: will adding more duties to my new letter hurt my application? Can they say that i'm lying because the last letter looks a bit different?

Let me know what your thought are. I don't want to give them another reason to refuse me. Also, if you have any tips, please feel free to leave them here.

Thank you!

sm311

Mar 7, 2020
You can ask them to reconsider by submitting a new document. It has worked for people. You don't have to do a fresh application. Will save a lot of time and money

Reactions: bosco2814