Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Hi Guys,

I got a refusal letter from CIC last night for my PR application. They refused my application because I got extra points for my foreign education for which I didn't have an ECA at the time of the draw. But I still got the extra points because of a system glitch.

After the draw I got my ECA but unfortunately WES's report said " Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree from a non-recognized".

Being unsure of the ECA report I didnt mention it in my PR application.

Do you guys think I should submit a case specific enquiry and if the ECA is valid so that it can be used?

Any help is greatly appreciated

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
readymade said:
Hi Guys,

I got a refusal letter from CIC last night for my PR application. They refused my application because I got extra points for my foreign education for which I didn't have an ECA at the time of the draw. But I still got the extra points because of a system glitch.

After the draw I got my ECA but unfortunately WES's report said " Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree from a non-recognized".

Being unsure of the ECA report I didnt mention it in my PR application.

Do you guys think I should submit a case specific enquiry and if the ECA is valid so that it can be used?

Any help is greatly appreciated
So you didn't have ECA at the time of ITA? In that case why did you submit the EE profile without having ECA?

How did it give you points for the degree if you said NO to the question about whether you had ECA?

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
On my express entry application and PR application I never mentioned that I had the ECA.

I am not sure how the system gave me extra points.

Anyways, but my WES reports says
" Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree from a non-recognized".

Do you think I can use it?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
readymade said:
On my express entry application and PR application I never mentioned that I had the ECA.

I am not sure how the system gave me extra points.

Anyways, but my WES reports says
" Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree from a non-recognized".

Do you think I can use it?
You can try but it appears unlikely that this will be accepted as Bachelors equivalent.